ZTE v987 OTA MIUI 3.8.9 > 3.8.16+

p0neyto

Members
Aug 18, 2013
Hi there,

I'm looking to upgrade to MIUI 3.8.16 and I found a patch from Gtbluesky (official chinese MIUI V5) to update.
I compared the both ROM, the first from here and the second from official chinese site and it's almost the same.
So my idea is to work like they do to update the system, just patch apk, jar or other files to prevent formatting the phone everytime.

Anybody from the porting team here can tell me what has be done exactly between the .9 and .16 ?

PS: OTA file is too large to be attached, you can find it here http://www.miui.com/getrom.php?r=88
It's a 6.29MB file ready to patch, with JAR and APK modified files.

Thanks,
Regards

Just download 3.8.16 Rom from our site and install. That's all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry but I already made the package based on Gtbluesky changes on the official version, why are saying sort of things like that ?
It's not really motivating for people to participate. However my update works, i'll refine it and maybe drop it here...

Because I didn't get what are going to a achieve? Are you asking how to upgrade? Or you want to make an ota for yourself?
And why are you saying about formatting phone when update to new version?
Only /system is formatted when installing update. All user data remain.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Hi,

Chinese official guys work like that, they provide OTA script to upgrade just the files concerned. My will is the same, i made a package which updates necessary files, based on the chinese changelog.

That's why i asked here for a UK's changelog... in order to make things right.
I made some changes to my /system and it's a pain to format it all times for nothing.

That's my point. If anybody want it i can share.

Thanks anyway,
Regards

Hi,

Chinese official guys work like that, they provide OTA script to upgrade just the files concerned. My will is the same, i made a package which updates necessary files, based on the chinese changelog.

That's why i asked here for a UK's changelog... in order to make things right.
I made some changes to my /system and it's a pain to format it all times for nothing.

That's my point. If anybody want it i can share.

Thanks anyway,
Regards

Patches will never work here. Ever. We actually created quite the system a year ago, that diffed everything from kernels to apks and created one easy patch. However, it failed about 90% of the time. So then we had to create a script that didn't perform ANYTHING, until it was sure it could patch without error.

The problem with any OTA patch service for our ROMs is because 90% of users change them out of box, from SpnEditors, kernels, sound drivers, wifi fixes, mms changes, 3way reboots, toolboxes, features, debloating.

So it fails and causes more problems than it solves.