Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

I updated to newest stable release, how i get root back?
it seems that root does not work :
Ukagw6b.png

12.13 seems to be a strange update. Android version is back to 4.2.1 after last week's 4.2.2 and also notification lights settings are broken again, just choose green and force close. Internal memory has been reverted back to default also. Camera sounds are missing.

i followed the guide but i get an error, symlinks failed in zip of the miuirom.
any ideas or help?

I have a little big problem. The red rice doesn't recognize the wired headset central button. The brand is sennheiser and I've been using it with other android devices without any problem.

Enviado desde mi 2013023 mediante Tapatalk

@trotski, try to use Headset settings and choose calibrate, you can find it under the Device settings.
Oh crap, it has been removed on the Hongmi Multi language rom.

@Developmentteam/Admins
When will you port the original Hongmi rom instead of using the ROM from another phone?
The original Rom is based on Android 4.2.2, has the headset settings, 3 different battery modes, Picturs can be made without an external SD card, FM Radio can be used without a headset and has the Senior mode.

@Easy, you can turn on/off the camera sounds in the "audio profiles"

@trotski, try to use Headset settings and choose calibrate, you can find it under the Device settings.
Oh crap, it has been removed on the Hongmi Multi language rom.

@Developmentteam/Admins
When will you port the original Hongmi rom instead of using the ROM from another phone?
The original Rom is based on Android 4.2.2, has the headset settings, 3 different battery modes, Picturs can be made without an external SD card, FM Radio can be used without a headset and has the Senior mode.

@Easy, you can turn on/off the camera sounds in the "audio profiles"

Thanks, but in headset settings I just can find the option of assign buttons but not calibrate. When I choose assign buttons I can't select any button, it seems not to recognize anyone.

I have the stable ROM version 3.0.

Enviado desde mi 2013023 mediante Tapatalk

@ingbrzy @kiswum Can you please tell me why in Permission Manger the "root" option is blurred in this ROM (miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH3.0_jb-4.2.zip) and cannot be opened like in the official Xiaomi ROM? Is there any way to open it? because I don't want to use V6W ROMS!

Regards,
GuseppiGuliano

It looks like you're taking about 2 different versions or roms here.
1 do you want to use the xiaomi.com or xiaomi.eu rom?
2. Do you use a Tdcma or wcdma phone?
3. Why don't you want to use the v6w rom? Because this this is the only multi language rom for the Hongmi W.

I can change the setting in my permission manager in the latest wcdma V6W release from this site.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

Well, the official release 3.0 (Chinese and English) are not rooteable (in theory, p,e, VRoot will not work).
The weekly versions are always rooteable (in theory).

miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH3.0_jb-4.2.zip is "official stable" and root is not available. (in theory).

Last edited:
@kiswum, what phone is been used to create the weekly HM?

About the stable version, How many 3.0 stable "Official" are there for HM? Or is there only one? I can only find one in http://en.miui.com/download-82.html

Author: MIUI Official Team
Version: JHBCNAH3.0 (V5)Size: 284M

3.11.15 is older than that one? When JHBCNAH3.0 one was released?

I am trying to understand the naming convention.

You only have to root your phone once. This has to be done on the original xiaomi rom.
I don't know which phone is used to port the weekly Xiaomi.eu releases (a.k.a. miui-android releases). But the last info I've read was that it wasn't from a Hongmi.
Jhbcnah releases are the original releases and only contain Chinese and English and don't have several international bugfixes. I just call these releases xiaomi.com or original releases.
I don't know from which date the 3.0 version is

If you check the weekly builds on this site, than you are able to use the newest 3.12.13 version

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

Guys, just to be clear. ROM "miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH3.0_jb-4.2.zip" (304 748 323B) contains following languages: CHN, ENG, Indonesia, CZK, DEN, GER, ESP, FRA, ITA, HUN, NED, NOR, POL, POR, SVK, TUR, GRE, RUS, UKR, +4 more indistinguishable. The ROM is rootable, see this treat:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/english-cwm-for-xiaomi-hongmi-td-wcdma-full-working.22953/page-4

So... if you use that CWM you can rooted?. That is very weird though as we are flashing the same ROM but I am not going to complain :p.

I will try later.

EDIT: I saw that link https://mega.co.nz/#!nZJxQSLQ!LwkzIDlULoaasQvZJbV-RURBEzB0ju01k7cAA2c13iE from where is it coming?

Last edited:
@trotski, I can't test the headset settings of the stable 3.0 version, because i only use the roms from this site, not from xiaomi.com

That is strange, the link brings me to a whole other thread.

Yep, you hace to read the whole PAGE to understand what he meant. :p
Read just his answers. You will get that you need to flash something with the CWM V5 from the first post.

I've flashed 3 different phones with the manual of the first page of this thread (I've also posted the new English version of the upgrade process), never had any issues during the upgrade of td or wcdma phones.
You can even use the newest multilanguage rom from here:
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/3-12-13.23044

I've tested then today on T and W version if the Hongmi and they both work fine.

Yep, you hace to read the whole PAGE to understand what he meant. :p
Read just his answers. You will get that you need to flash something with the CWM V5 from the first post.

Are you taking about your link from 2011?
(It is called bug reports)
Or is tapatalk redirecting me to a whole other link?

Are you taking about your link from 2011?
(It is called bug reports)
Or is tapatalk redirecting me to a whole other link?

I meant I have the same issue from my PC, that link, the one you posted from @pauco , doesn't point to a specific post, but a whole PAGE.