Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt matter which ICS firmware I have? Or can I even have installed custom ROM and flash MIUI from it's custom kernel?

P.S. It's hard to install MIUI if you are new. There should be a full installation guide of something like that.

I heard from MAH CHINESE FRIEND that Galaxy NOTE 2 getting MIUI V5 next week. Is this true? Or am I going to be the new news outlet for this joint?

Figured out how to install on xperia arc s (flashed official rom, flashed advanced stock kernel with CWM, flashed MIUI) but now keyboard do not appears when I'm trying to write a message or do anything which requires keyboard.

---- OK, it appeared after I went to settings Language&Input and selected new language

as for HTC EVO 3d , the lockscreen is laggier now , and this update said it would make it snappier. Like the music player on lockscreen ,extremelly laggy , the spectogram sometimes stop , if u play next track , the text doesn't update , it stays the same. If you close music application and you go to lockscreen , the lockscreen will still show music, which as default is to show normal lockscreen.

i'd like to ask about multilanguage status too, also on the lockscreen the date is showing partially in chinese

Lockscreen lag is still present on nexus s(wallpaper visible before lockscreen shows up). It is fixed on the hd2 build though.

do you use stock miui kernel or custom kernel? as i read in siyah kernel thread long time ago, someone said that the governor that is used for sleep/wake up profile could cause some delays. i'm using latest siyah kernel with pegasusq governor without defining any sleep/wake up profiles manually. i could talk rubbish here but perhaps it could give you some inputs. :)
I'm using miui kernel so that's not the issue either.

battery issues on S3 are still there, i flashed about 5h ago when battery was at about 60%, having the phone plugged into charger since then and now it's only at 88%. anyone experiencing similar issues?

battery issues on S3 are still there, i flashed about 5h ago when battery was at about 60%, having the phone plugged into charger since then and now it's only at 88%. anyone experiencing similar issues?

Keep charging it. Battery needs calibration. If it gets stuck, unplug it and let it drain (use "Fast Discharge" app from Play Store to help). Then when it gets flat, charge it to 100% FULLY without disconnect.

This is why many people recommend that you have 100% battery when flashing anything.

Thanks, I will try that again.
With 2.11.23 I've already let it drain, then fully charged to 100%, booting into recovery to reset battery stats, with no visible improvement during the week I've been using it. Just now keeping it charging for the last 1h+ it is still at 88%. Guess the calibration is indeed totally messed up again. Will try the calibration process again.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. I flashed miuiandroid 2.11.30 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300). There was a problem encountered when I was using Calendar app. I don't know how to say this in one short sentence. The problem is:
1. I opened the Calendar app that comes together with MIUI 2.11.30. I added a future event to a certain date in the calendar.
2. I then played with the date scroll menu (day, month, year) because I was bored. I wanted to change from 2012 to 2013, suddenly there was an error message shown up. It was an FC.
3. I re-launched Calendar and tested the other date menus which were day and month. It was the same error shown up everytime I changed the day/month.
4. Then I downloaded the standalone Google Calendar from Google Play Store to test whether it was the ROM's fault or the app itself. In the Google Calendar, I encountered the same problems.

I rely heavily on calendar app (right now I'm using the S Planner of Samsung) because I am a man with profession.

Hope the developers in MIUIAndroid could fix this soon in next version. Thank you.

Fairuzuddin / Dean,
Malaysia

is your device hot during charging? if yes, then your device runs at the max freq which slowing down charging process. it happens to s2 also and somehow it related to the lockscreen you are using.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. Great update this week, loving the improved lockscreen. Bugging me for ages but not enough to whinge about... ;)

Thanks guys. Great update this week, loving the improved lockscreen. Bugging me for ages but not enough to whinge about... ;)

Totally agree. Makes the rom feel much better as a whole. Old lockscreen behavior sucked, but i didnt complain.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. I flashed miuiandroid 2.11.30 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300). There was a problem encountered when I was using Calendar app. I don't know how to say this in one short sentence. The problem is:
1. I opened the Calendar app that comes together with MIUI 2.11.30. I added a future event to a certain date in the calendar.
2. I then played with the date scroll menu (day, month, year) because I was bored. I wanted to change from 2012 to 2013, suddenly there was an error message shown up. It was an FC.
3. I re-launched Calendar and tested the other date menus which were day and month. It was the same error shown up everytime I changed the day/month.
4. Then I downloaded the standalone Google Calendar from Google Play Store to test whether it was the ROM's fault or the app itself. In the Google Calendar, I encountered the same problems.

I rely heavily on calendar app (right now I'm using the S Planner of Samsung) because I am a man with profession.

Hope the developers in MIUIAndroid could fix this soon in next version. Thank you.

Fairuzuddin / Dean,
Malaysia
I have the same problem mate can't set future dates on countdown widgets, calendar itself etc. Hope they can fix it.

I tried this release on my SGS3, but this version is very buggy for me. The display does not wake up, just reboot helps.
When i get notification, get Systemui fc.
Anyone has similar problem? (the previous release works correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.