Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx

Members
Mar 30, 2012
perhaps lockscreen related, try to change it to another lockscreen. for me it is really an improvement without any lag.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the tip but I'm using the default lockscreen already. I tried changing too but everything I tried lags.

Speka

Members
Jun 12, 2012
Can't download any theme on latest release (SGS2). Tried wipes, deleted cache, deleted MIUI theme folder, deleted data of "themes" application - nothing. Someone?
Also - smaller issue - some software (Go keyboard, Business Calendar .... ) are no more working .. FC on start up. Tried to solve same way as before - still nothing.. ideas?
Thanx.

Sachin Rajput

Members
Dec 2, 2012
Hi guys, new MIUI user here... I am getting a FC of Settings while adding widget on Apex or Nova launcher. My device is Galaxy S3 and I am on build of 30th Nov. Is this a known issue?

boxcarracer81

Members
Mar 20, 2012
Hi guys, new MIUI user here... I am getting a FC of Settings while adding widget on Apex or Nova launcher. My device is Galaxy S3 and I am on build of 30th Nov. Is this a known issue?

Does the same happen with Miui launcher? Else it may be some kind of incompatibility..

Sachin Rajput

Members
Dec 2, 2012
Doesn't happen with MIUI launcher. I used Apex first, and to double check I tried Nova too. Both have settings FC while adding widget.

ShadowSkill

Members
Dec 23, 2011
Anyone able to access Quick Controls on MIUI browser? I can't seem to access it anymore.
I'm using SGS2 btw.

Cheers

fusionjack

Members
Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for the tip but I'm using the default lockscreen already. I tried changing too but everything I tried lags.
do you use stock miui kernel or custom kernel? as i read in siyah kernel thread long time ago, someone said that the governor that is used for sleep/wake up profile could cause some delays. i'm using latest siyah kernel with pegasusq governor without defining any sleep/wake up profiles manually. i could talk rubbish here but perhaps it could give you some inputs. :)

Tmk_SVK

Members
Jul 21, 2012
How can I see, iBot is uploading multilang from yesterday....but still not uploaded for my phone...every week I am like on Christmas

Durandal

Members
Dec 2, 2012
I've downloaded the SG3 release (and checksums are correct, so shouldn't be a corrupted download) and am getting the following error when attempting to flash:

Code:
Installing '/external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9300"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.produc
E:Error in /external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip'

Any thoughts? Apologies if this isn't the topic for this, I'm not from round these parts!

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu ROM leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
I've downloaded the SG3 release (and checksums are correct, so shouldn't be a corrupted download) and am getting the following error when attempting to flash:

Code:
Installing '/external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9300"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.produc
E:Error in /external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/miuiandroid_m0_jb-2.11.30.zip'

Any thoughts? Apologies if this isn't the topic for this, I'm not from round these parts!
dont use touch recovery.. use regular CWM or TWRP...

Reactions: Durandal

Durandal

Members
Dec 2, 2012
As per ingbrzy's suggestion - install clockworkmod recovery. Or, in my case, reinstall - goog.im manager overwrites CWM with a teamwin recovery which doesn't seem to be especially good.

Ping

Members
Dec 2, 2012
So I don't need first to flash kernel from miui zip file? I need just to flash CWM into official ICS rom and then just flash miui zip?
And by the way, how to check MD5? I found out how to download MD5 code separately. I need to copy that code with miui zip into my SD card and then flash?

HBogdan

Members
Dec 2, 2012
ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.2.4
-- Installing: /sdcard/miuiandroid_endeavoru_ics-2.11.30.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product")
== "endeavoru"
E:Error in /sdcard/miuiandroid_endeavoru_ics-2.11.30.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have tried with "toggle script asserts" or "signature verification" Enabled/Disable... but the same results...

What can i do?

Durandal

Members
Dec 2, 2012
Should be a straight flash of the zip from CWM (normal caveats about rooting your phone apply!)

I'll have to refer you to google for help with MD5 - you need a program that'll calculate the hash from the file you've downloaded, and then you just compare that code with the one on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.