MIUI 12.2 20.10.29/30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for responding. I managed to boot into recovery through fastboot (by downloading it as a boot.img). For some reason mauronofrio's worked, but chinese TWRP didn't. I flashed 12.1.3.0 again, but then I couldn't restore my nandroid backup because of an extracttarfork error 255. But my userdata did get wiped.

I wanted to restore through chinese TWRP, but it couldn't decrypt storage no matter what I tried, until I booted into the rom (which had no userdata at this point) and was able to remove the lockscreen password. Then I could access my storage in chinese TWRP and I was able to restore my nandroid.

Strange experience all in all. It's a mystery to me why 20.10.30 would mess with recovery..

While I got everything working again, it has now become impossible to decrypt storage, unless I set a pattern pin or remove the phone password entirely.

It's a bit absurd, because this combination was working fine on the same rom (stable 12.1.3.0) before I tried to move to weekly.

Who owns a Poco F2 Pro, codenamed Lmi, please I wanna know how could you update this new Weekly ROM when the TWRP didn't support it because of the ROM modified kernel source code

Could you just flash the zip via official recovery?

Mi 9t i cant update to 20.10.30 twrp asks for the password, put the correct password but the error, says that the password is incorrect, and it is not incorrect. :/

Thank you. I was able to root my device but it was slightly different from the method above. I installed Magisk Canary apk and patched the extracted boot.img separately, then flashed the img in twrp rebooted all while having the original Magisk installed as well. Finally, I uninstalled the canary apk and the default magisk manger app shows the device as rooted.

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you,

Afthab

Guys, I have a Mi 9T, using a MIUI.EU for some time, but I have a great difficulty to migrate to the version with android 11.

Whenever I update the phone, it has a problem without storage, it happened with 20.10.22 and now with 20.10.30. However with 20.10.17 (android 10) everything works perfectly. It is as if my device had no more space. I can no longer send or receive media (audio, images, videos) by whatsapp. The camera does not save photos. Several apps, including the miui itself, close on their own, such as the app that shows the use of space on the cell phone.

I've tried everything: format data before and after installation, install using TWRP, Orange fox, OTG, etc. but the problem is the same.

Another detail the "disk" is decrypted in recovery, but when I install MIUI.EU, any version, it encrypts again ...

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• 2020-11-01 00.15.39.jpg
    2020-11-01 00.15.39.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 2020-11-01 00.15.50.jpg
    2020-11-01 00.15.50.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 202
Guys, I have a Mi 9T, using a MIUI.EU for some time, but I have a great difficulty to migrate to the version with android 11.

Whenever I update the phone, it has a problem without storage, it happened with 20.10.22 and now with 20.10.30. However with 20.10.17 (android 10) everything works perfectly. It is as if my device had no more space. I can no longer send or receive media (audio, images, videos) by whatsapp. The camera does not save photos. Several apps, including the miui itself, close on their own, such as the app that shows the use of space on the cell phone.

I've tried everything: format data before and after installation, install using TWRP, Orange fox, OTG, etc. but the problem is the same.

Another detail the "disk" is decrypted in recovery, but when I install MIUI.EU, any version, it encrypts again ...

Can someone help me?
Do you use dual apps?
If so delete all dual apps and dual app account

Last edited:

Can someone help me?
As I understand it, if you password protect your phone, your data is encrypted.
My experience is only with TWRP. I use a pattern to unlock my phone. I use the same pattern with TWRP and that decrypts my data. There are some versions of TWRP that cannot accept passwords, so you may have to use a pattern for the phone, or even remove security.
I have never had problems unlocking my phone (Mi 10), and decrypting TWRP with my pattern. It sometimes takes time to input the pattern into TWRP.
I am not experienced enough with your other issues, but, have you tried a factory reset?

Last edited:
Reactions: geoorg
TWRP issue for cmi/lmi still exists!
as indicated can it be installed in the little f2 pro? ... or does it give problems?

I can't patch Android with Lucky Patcher Tucana

Someone can?

Last edited:
You must use the default/system launcher. Navigation Gestures doesn't work with third party launchers.
Yeah.. This works but it's not true that gestures don't work with third party launchers. I've always used third party launchers and never had any issues. It's just that they're not working on this week's build. Hopefully they'll get it fixed by next week as I don't really like the default system launcher.

Reactions: CommanderSix
Status
Not open for further replies.