MIUI 12.3 20.11.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much! My SafetyNet is now nd ok and PlayProtect is certified but google pay is still not functional.However I used Magisk hide and i wiped the play store cache and reinstall google pay.
I do not know what to do: / if you have a solution, I am interested.
Have a good day.

This may help:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-test-ctsprofile-basicintegrity-false.53400/

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-always-reboot-in-fastboot.54954/#post-560240

Hide magisk by itself, hide the app.

Last edited:
  • Can't see full screen navigation settings with Nova Launcher. I can in stable.
  • Can't switch previous app with gesture. I had that option before with both stock and custom launchers.
  • Full screen gesture settings placed to Home Screen section which is sad. It were on Additional Settings before.
  • Dark mode problems still continues. (3rd party app list shows up very late)
  • New privacy features are great.

• Can't see full screen navigation settings with Nova Launcher. I can in stable.
  • Can't switch previous app with gesture. I had that option before with both stock and custom launchers.
  • Full screen gesture settings placed to Home Screen section which is sad. It were on Additional Settings before.
  • Dark mode problems still continues. (3rd party app list shows up very late)
  • New privacy features are great.
If you swip from this area it will show instantly
39b3cc8958145a3d7d1df05a97c1112f.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

To the DEVS,

1. since RCS messaging is already available worldwide according to the latest report of Google, can we change the default SMS app to Google Message instead of MIUI SMS?

2. can we port the camera app of K30 series and M10 series to other phones like K20 series (K20 Pro)?

To the DEVS,

1. since RCS messaging is already available worldwide according to the latest report of Google, can we change the default SMS app to Google Message instead of MIUI SMS?

2. can we port the camera app of K30 series and M10 series to other phones like K20 series (K20 Pro)?
1. No, we are a MIUI project, not a Google project.
2. You can do whatever you want, although I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. The app will probably work if ported (both are Camera2 API supporting devices), but you won't get any extra features. The app shows whichever features your device supports, there are device checks for that inside.

When i installed latest version my TWRP was changed to some 3.4.0 version and my internal storage could not be mounted. Now i try to install 3.4.2 back but i get some weird error:

fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 3.057s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')

What can i do? I cant install any TWRP now :(

I had read something but I can not find it anymore. when I am on a phone call the display is activated and goes off continuously
How can I solve ?

I have mi note 10 tucana I am in version 20.10.29 my question is, if I can update to the latest version skipping the previous ones? and if it is the same procedure? thanks greetings

When i installed latest version my TWRP was changed to some 3.4.0 version and my internal storage could not be mounted. Now i try to install 3.4.2 back but i get some weird error:

fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 3.057s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')

What can i do? I cant install any TWRP now :(
You have not said what phone you have. I have a Mi 10 (umi). My TWRP was changed last week (20.11.12) to 3.4.0. Because it is based on an older version of TWRP, it does not have decryption. So the alternative that was given was to put the new ROM onto a USB memory stick and install it using the USB-OTG source.

Me, being me, I decided to try something different. So, I left the 3.4.0 as it was and simply booted into the 3.4.2b-0623. This, for me (umi), has worked fine. But just after the problems with TWRP was announced, we were informed that umi was responding differently to TWRP from the other two (cmi & lmi).

I understand that other people with Mi 10s (umi) were successfully also able to do the same with 3.4.2b-0623. But I am not so sure about the others (cmi & lmi). And I always take the precaution of having full backups before updating. The only times I have needed the backups are when I have messed around too much and bricked my phone! Otherwise, my method with the 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP has proven very stable for me (umi).

To resolve your situation, can I suggest that you try re-installing the 3.4.0 TWRP (fastboot flash recovery [twrp-3.4.0.img]). Also, I have heard somewhere that it could be better to issue only one command each time when in Fastboot. You also have to make sure that the TWRP is correct for your phone. See how that goes.

Thank you for this good rom version. Contacts are finely visable in Hebrew. Vangogh.
Camera is still crashing.
Some china characters under mail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-21-21-42-55-703_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-21-21-42-55-703_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 189
@Iain_B
It's exactly the same thing for umi , cmi and lmi ..
The difference is that on lmi and cmi the twrp 0623 can be installed and worked with buttons or powermenu , twrp is accessible on those devices ..
With umi we can't enter twrp other way except by fastboot and the known command
Probably because of this issue reported , friend has umi and make the mistake to flash the twrp 0623 and not boot , so the error can't load authenticate boot.img is known when we flash the twrp and not boot ..

Any issues on this version with Android 11 ?
Thanks for your feedback.
1. Fullscreen gestures on Mi 10 for some reason do not work when using nova launcher. (using Fluid NG right now as an alternative but every reboot it reverts to buttons so i have to manually change it back every time i reboot)
2. Had some problems with magisk, but using default option in magiskhide props fixed that. See responses above
3. Dark mode breaks after reboot until manually toggled off and back on
4. Substratum isn't working at all, even for firefox, discord etc, apps just crash. Patching system launcher breaks the system also.
5. for some reason after restart my widget settings reset, but i didn't try clearing it's data yet. Working fine on my mi9se with miui12.1something
6. something else was annoying/not working but i forgot about it, maybe ill remember later and edit/reply
gpay gms patch works and i have added my card but never tried to pay with it yet.

Reactions: madvillain
You have not said what phone you have. I have a Mi 10 (umi). My TWRP was changed last week (20.11.12) to 3.4.0. Because it is based on an older version of TWRP, it does not have decryption. So the alternative that was given was to put the new ROM onto a USB memory stick and install it using the USB-OTG source.

Me, being me, I decided to try something different. So, I left the 3.4.0 as it was and simply booted into the 3.4.2b-0623. This, for me (umi), has worked fine. But just after the problems with TWRP was announced, we were informed that umi was responding differently to TWRP from the other two (cmi & lmi).

I understand that other people with Mi 10s (umi) were successfully also able to do the same with 3.4.2b-0623. But I am not so sure about the others (cmi & lmi). And I always take the precaution of having full backups before updating. The only times I have needed the backups are when I have messed around too much and bricked my phone! Otherwise, my method with the 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP has proven very stable for me (umi).

To resolve your situation, can I suggest that you try re-installing the 3.4.0 TWRP (fastboot flash recovery [twrp-3.4.0.img]). Also, I have heard somewhere that it could be better to issue only one command each time when in Fastboot. You also have to make sure that the TWRP is correct for your phone. See how that goes.
@Iain_B
It's exactly the same thing for umi , cmi and lmi ..
The difference is that on lmi and cmi the twrp 0623 can be installed and worked with buttons or powermenu , twrp is accessible on those devices ..
With umi we can't enter twrp other way except by fastboot and the known command
Probably because of this issue reported , friend has umi and make the mistake to flash the twrp 0623 and not boot , so the error can't load authenticate boot.img is known when we flash the twrp and not boot ..

You have described it so often in a really helpful way, why not put it together for a tutorial in the Question & Answer forum section? Then it doesn't always have to be repeated so often

You have described it so often in a really helpful way, why not put it together for a tutorial in the Question & Answer forum section? Then it doesn't always have to be repeated so often
I have thought about it. But ... Murphy's Law!
As soon as it's put together, TWRP will be resolved!! ;)

[Edit: Also It's not the official solution, even though it works. And I think that it may confuse as well, especially those not familar with Fastboot.]

Status
Not open for further replies.