MIUI 12.3 20.11.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry nothing hapenned to my phone because I made a backup, I also tried to do a Factory Reset but It showed some errors like unable to mount system partition, unable to format data... Then I reboot the system and nothing hapenned I had all the applications and nothing changed. And yes the twrp version is 4.3.0, I had an old version of twrp but it has been updated to the new one with this rom update.
Another sensible person who does a backup. :)

I hope that you are familar with Fastboot; because you will have to download and use a newer version of TWRP - 3.4.2b-0623 from here. You will have to boot with this recovery, but NOT flash it - fastboot boot [recovery.img]. You will need to input your pattern to decrypt your data (if it's still there!). With this TWRP version you will be able to re-format your data to f2fs, and install the newer ROM. This is if you have not got your backup working again. But you should probably be able to reformat to f2fs and then go to your backup again.
Hopefully this will sort you out.

I have same problem :/
Last Xiaomi EU firmware(10-11-18), last TWRP 3.4.0-2(and last SHRP too), last Magisk(21.0 and 20.4 too).
Xiaomi Redmi k20.
K20 Android 11 needs magisk 11 and 21.1 installed in a row.
search around here for download as you must have done before posting....

I have a problem with weekly rom and this continues after I update it to latest 20.11.18 and my apps were still closing and crashing.
When I bought mi 10 ultra a switch the factory chinese rom to a stable EU rom. I think I factory reseted it. After that everything was ok. Last week I made my decision to switch from stable to weekly 20.11.12 so I went in my twrp and wiped out my whole system bcs I thought that when you go from stable to weekly you must do it. And when I flashed weekly rom 20.11.12 I started have the first problems. I couldn't get to a sound settings. And my third party apps were crashing on daily bases it really annoys me so I waited for the 20.11.18 update and flashed it dirty like I should do and nothing was better. So today I switched it again to stable with factory reset (not wiped out) and on stable V12.0.10.0.QJJCNXM for mi 10 ultra and another one time nothing change and from that I don't know what to do so I'm asking you guys for help I really need. What should I do now ? Did I break my phone already ? Or...

Hello, a couple of weeks ago since my last update and I was so happy. Yesterday I updated to this last version and the TWRP changed (no ***** where asked in the TWRP login). In this moment I am not abled to install magical due to the TWRP is now able to mount "data". Does already exists any fix for this issue?

Thanks!

Hi, I have updated to the latest weekly and unfortunately I am finding that the phone changes the contrast and color settings by itself, while using the phone.

Mi9se

Hello, a couple of weeks ago since my last update and I was so happy. Yesterday I updated to this last version and the TWRP changed (no ***** where asked in the TWRP login). In this moment I am not abled to install magical due to the TWRP is now able to mount "data". Does already exists any fix for this issue?

Thanks!
What is your phone?
What is the TWRP version you have?
(What is the version of Magisk?)

I have a problem with weekly rom and this continues after I update it to latest 20.11.18 and my apps were still closing and crashing.
When I bought mi 10 ultra a switch the factory chinese rom to a stable EU rom. I think I factory reseted it. After that everything was ok. Last week I made my decision to switch from stable to weekly 20.11.12 so I went in my twrp and wiped out my whole system bcs I thought that when you go from stable to weekly you must do it. And when I flashed weekly rom 20.11.12 I started have the first problems. I couldn't get to a sound settings. And my third party apps were crashing on daily bases it really annoys me so I waited for the 20.11.18 update and flashed it dirty like I should do and nothing was better. So today I switched it again to stable with factory reset (not wiped out) and on stable V12.0.10.0.QJJCNXM for mi 10 ultra and another one time nothing change and from that I don't know what to do so I'm asking you guys for help I really need. What should I do now ? Did I break my phone already ? Or...
NEVER format or wipe system when install Xiaomi.eu rom

Weekly ROM is meant for testers and is not meant to be used as a daily driver.

So if you worry so much about bugs

I suggest going back to factory stock ROM. To have your device in correct working order. Then flash a stable Xiaomi.eu rom for you device

1. Because they are integrated inside the stock launcher, and the legacy gestures were removed on Android 11 ROMs. Ask Xiaomi, I'm confused too.
4. Substratum was never designed or guaranteed to work with MIUI.

Got nothing to comment on the rest.

1-3) Android 11? Read my reply to Barsoom here.
4) That's how Xiaomi implemented it, sadly. This is known and nothing we can do on our side.

That wasn't a complain tho, i just explained to a person i replied to that these problems exist and I understand that most(all?) of them are xiaomi's fault. Thanks anyway, rom is good and most of these problems can be dealt with one way or another ;)

I have an mi10 and the TWRP version 3.4.0-11.0.1110 - GitHub: LittleTurtle2333. Magisk is the one attached in this thread.

Thanks!

I have an mi10 and the TWRP version 3.4.0-11.0.1110 - GitHub: LittleTurtle2333. Magisk is the one attached in this thread.

Thanks
I thought so!! ;)

What you are seeing is correct. There are issues with umi and TWRP. TWRP 3.4.0 works with umi, but, being based on an older version, it does not decrypt. The correct Magisk 'update channel' that you should be using for umi is 'Canary' - see under 'Settings'. You would need to go into Magisk and update the Manager; then update Magisk itself. Here you have the option of 'Direct Install (Recommended)'. Use that. You will see it downloading the latest version, and then it will ask you to reboot. That will install Magisk.
If you are having further issues with Magisk, @katerpanne posted a good guide last week.

I suggest going back to factory stock ROM. To have your device in correct working order. Then flash a stable Xiaomi.eu rom for you device
But when I switch from stable to weekly what should I do bcs after flash got insta twrp or bootloop

Any issues on this version with Android 11 ?
Thanks for your feedback.
I personally have a lot of UI lag on mi note 10. Gestures are very laggy not like 60 FPS how it should be, it's more like 20. I don't know what's the cause of this is. Maybe I should do a factory reset?

I think that one would expect, after 'wiping' out your whole system, you would need to do a factory reset. If you did not, then you would have had your apps (& 3rd party apps) expecting to find maybe data, settings, general information, etc. from the part that you 'wiped'. If they cannot find that information then they are quite likely to crash.

Absolutely - very sound advice. It sounds as though you will have to start from the beginning.
Typically, those of us downloading and installing the weekly BETA ROMs make fairly regular backups, because things can (and do) go wrong. ;)

Hello guys! Do you also have UI lag issues on weekly ROM with low end-ish devices? I'm using mi note 10 and lately have experienced very annoying frame drops especially while opening apps and going to home screen with gestures. I have a friend who has absolutely stock mi note 10 LITE and he has no issues with lag at all! How do I fix this? Maybe factory reset? (I guess it happened after upgrading to android 11?)

Reactions: madvillain
Status
Not open for further replies.