MIUI 12.3 20.12.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay but i already have that twrp installed.. what's the next step? Format data and flash this rom?
You don't have to wipe something , you said that you're with 20.10.30 ..
Just do the steps and flash the new rom..
Unless you want to do format again ..

EDIT
You have to know that after installation of 20.12.2 the new twrp will be flashed as well , after this installation you can only flash the new Thursday's update by using the twrp mentioned by @Iain_B in previous post and you will need an OTG usb stick to flash..
If you don't have an OTG the only way to update is by the commands i said you from fastboot and by using the twrp.img 3.4.2b 0623 ..

Last edited:
For some reason, there has been a big move to wipe, format and do all sorts of things. If you read 'What to wipe' from the official TWRP site, you will see that the only thing really necessary is to do a factory reset. I should browse through it and then make up your own mind! :)
Sorry i forgot.. weekly to weekly no wipe needed.. unless I'm going to stable or global roms..

Yes i forgot if update from weekly to weekly no wiping data needed

Sorry i forgot.. weekly to weekly no wipe needed.. unless I'm going to stable or global roms..
That's right. If you choose to use the 3.4.2b-0623 method to install the latest ROMs, then you should clear the Dalvik & cache, and delete the / Data / System / Package_cache folder. If you go the 3.4.0 (USB-OTG) route, you are not able to clear the caches.

Reactions: jeffx16
New TWRP recovery TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10PRO-CN-wzsx150 works great on Mi10Pro. Tested, and fully functional:

- encrypted storage supported
- decryption works
- install ROM updates via updater app (usual way) works
- reboot to recovery from the device in any way works

So no need USB OTG pendrive to install ROM updates, and no need to use fastboot command to boot to TWRP recovery anymore...

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On Mi 10, the battery icon is deslocated far to the right, at least half of the icon size is hidden by the screen's curvature. Minor bug, but somewhat annoying.
Tried every option in screen cutout from Developer Options, to no result.
Did you change dpi?

EDIT
You have to know that after installation of 20.12.2 the new twrp will be flashed as well , after this installation you can only flash the new Thursday's update by using the twrp mentioned by @Iain_B in previous post and you will need an OTG usb stick to flash..
If you don't have an OTG the only way to update is by the commands i said you from fastboot and by using the twrp.img 3.4.2b 0623 ..
Noted on that.. just to clarify i can flash 20.12.2 with my current twrp 3.4.2b? Yes i can flash with OTG a very convenient tool for flashers

Noted on that.. just to clarify i can flash 20.12.2 with my current twrp 3.4.2b? Yes i can flash with OTG a very convenient tool for flashers
I would recommend following what I put in post 442 above:

The 3.4.0 TWRP that came with the ROM a few weeks ago is good to flash and keep in memory:
Download: 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) TWRP - - [link updated]
fastboot flash recovery [TWRP-3.4.0-umi.img]

The TWRP that I use to install, I boot (not flash) each time with:
Download: 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP
fastboot boot [TWRP-3.4.2b-0623-umi.img]
(There will be a delay before it loads up, and a further delay before you can input your pattern.)

Reactions: Mali2
I would recommend following what I put in post 442 above:

The 3.4.0 TWRP that came with the ROM a few weeks ago is good to flash and keep in memory:
Download: 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) TWRP - - [link updated]
fastboot flash recovery [TWRP-3.4.0-umi.img]

The TWRP that I use to install, I boot (not flash) each time with:
Download: 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP
fastboot boot [TWRP-3.4.2b-0623-umi.img]
(There will be a delay before it loads up, and a further delay before you can input your pattern.)
Ok.. will flash twrp 3.4.0.. to my phone then flash this latest version of xiaomi.eu

Is it bug?

Update to MIUI 12.3 20.12.2 -> reset factory -> go to CH Play -> update Carrier Services [ version newest 50.0.343588573 ]
Redmi note 7 can not send and receive SMS
then I uninstall Carrier Services, SMS works fine

This this ROM I'm seeing multiple strange messages in Chinese pop up when opening and using Chrome, also when trying to copy and paste text from Chrome into WhatsApp, which does not work at all (the option to paste appears, but nothing is pasted).
View attachment 33280

Anybody else getting this?

Mi9T
Doesn't look like Chrome notifications based on the icon. Anyway if it's from chrome you should enter chrome> settings>notifications, slide down to "sites" and disable the notifications for any site you granted in the past.
If it's not from chrome, slide the notification slightly to the left and disable notifications for that app

For the paste problem, go to apps>manage apps> whatsapp > permissions and grant clipboard permissions

Reactions: 64KRAM
Is it bug?

Update to MIUI 12.3 20.12.2 -> reset factory -> go to CH Play -> update Carrier Services [ version newest 50.0.343588573 ]
Google issue probably. Anyway, I updated carrier services on my Note 7, SMS and MMS are working just fine.

FYI, there's some Chinese characters still occasionally, for example in the unlock screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_162538_704.jpg
    IMG_20201209_162538_704.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 286
Hi, after update MI 10Lite Youth, calendar does not synchronizes. Don,t show the events. Any recomendations? It,s clean flash
Fixit! The ROM is very nice, everithing work perfect in MI 10 Lite youth . Thanks to all dev,s !!

Anyone has any problems on latest 20.12.2 Mi 9 Lite?
I have only 2 problems.
The auto task on battery settings don't work. I usually make activate airplane mode during the night.
And the second is that I use 10 seconds aod, but sometimes it activates alone and never turn off. And it's not a normal aod, it's at a very low brightness.

Reactions: tan77
Is it bug?

Hi sir what you mean by CH Play ? I'm using Note 7 as well and there's delay on receiving sms for this version

I am on the latest version of xiaomi.eu on Mi 9T Pro and I am not able to register a fingerprint. It always works to a certain point and then throws me out of the setting. Any help, please?

(and I am not getting any error while registering, just after getting kicked out :( )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.