MIUI 12.3 20.12.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This this ROM I'm seeing multiple strange messages in Chinese pop up when opening and using Chrome, also when trying to copy and paste text from Chrome into WhatsApp, which does not work at all (the option to paste appears, but nothing is pasted).
View attachment 33280

Anybody else getting this?

Mi9T
I also saw that message twice.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I hope that next version will fix issue I have now, not able to receive incoming calls or SMS.
And sometimes notifications are not shown on lockscreen, but sure that will be done in couple next releases.

Mi 9T

I can't see any benefit in this grey notification panel on our low ram ginkgo redmi note 8 phones. it's only ugly and annoying. Is there a way to change this back to transparent/blurry style again or is anyone out there who is able to do the necessary changes in the corresponding framework files?
I hope this will be reverted with the next update recognized as a bug...

Reactions: alanjmrt94
New TWRP recovery TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10PRO-CN-wzsx150 works great on Mi10Pro. Tested, and fully functional:

- encrypted storage supported
- decryption works
- install ROM updates via updater app (usual way) works
- reboot to recovery from the device in any way works

So no need USB OTG pendrive to install ROM updates, and no need to use fastboot command to boot to TWRP recovery anymore...

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

For Mi 10 pro, previous version 0623 already works fine, no problem.

But it's nice to have updated TWRP.

I can't see any benefit in this grey notification panel on our low ram ginkgo redmi note 8 phones. it's only ugly and annoying. Is there a way to change this back to transparent/blurry style again or is anyone out there who is able to do the necessary changes in the corresponding framework files?
I hope this will be reverted with the next update recognized as a bug...
No way to change it back as far as I know, but technically it's not a bug but a design decision from Xiaomi. Whether the xiaomi.eu team will reverse it-probably not since they have way too many patches to support and this is not a priority and that is understandable. I got this from the bug discussion.

New TWRP recovery TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10PRO-CN-wzsx150 works great on Mi10Pro. Tested, and fully functional:

- encrypted storage supported
- decryption works
- install ROM updates via updater app (usual way) works
- reboot to recovery from the device in any way works

So no need USB OTG pendrive to install ROM updates, and no need to use fastboot command to boot to TWRP recovery anymore...

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Can you share the download link???

Mi 9 se после обновления при копировании текста не могу его вставить в заметки

Is it bug?

Update to MIUI 12.3 20.12.2 -> reset factory -> go to CH Play -> update Carrier Services [ version newest 50.0.343588573 ]
Redmi note 7 can not send and receive SMS
then I uninstall Carrier Services, SMS works fine
It's affecting many people, there's a new carrier services update out but I'm not seeing it yet.

Reactions: Lamakaha
MI 10 (umi) i come from MIUI12.2.2 stable with clean flash , every time i reboot the notification are silent and the notification sound bar are full the only fix is go to silent mode and exit it couple of time to make notification sound back to work , and sure second bug is copy paste in System app

You are not going through any version changes, so it should be just like going up, instead you're going down. Take a full backup first though, just in case!

does not work, after installing20.11.18 via otg I want to delete cache / dalvig, twrp says failed, when I restart the system, the mobile phone starts immediately again in recovery. am I doing something wrong?

I actually have the right twrp on it. mine is 3.4.0-11.0-1109

Last edited:
ВВ разрешениях заметки нет даже пункта буфер обмена

does not work, after installing20.11.18 via otg I want to delete cache / dalvig, twrp says failed, when I restart the system, the mobile phone starts immediately again in recovery. am I doing something wrong?

I actually have the right twrp on it. mine is 3.4.0-11.0-1109
The reason why the caches will not clear is that you are not decrypting your data. TWRP 3.4.0 cannot decrypt and so the errors come up.

You will need to boot (not flash) with a different TWRP that can decrypt your data.
The TWRP that I use to install, I boot (not flash) each time with:
Download: 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP
fastboot boot [TWRP-3.4.2b-0623-umi.img]
(There will be a delay before it loads up, and a further delay before you can input your pattern.)

This will only decrypt with a pattern access. So you will need to make sure that you unlock your phone with a pattern in order to access it.

You will then be able to install from your phone, and then clear the Dalvik and cache, and also delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

MI 10 (umi) i come from MIUI12.2.2 stable with clean flash , every time i reboot the notification are silent and the notification sound bar are full the only fix is go to silent mode and exit it couple of time to make notification sound back to work , and sure second bug is copy paste in System app
You say a 'clean flash'. Have you now done a factory reset?

You say a 'clean flash'. Have you now done a factory reset?
why i do a factory reset ??? i format data from TWRP and flash the weekly rom its always like that no one of the Dev said here that factory reset needed

Hi,

can't switch off timer notification ringtone in Homescreen, but in Lockscreen.
Any idea how to solve rather than restart the phone?

Thanks

Last edited:
why i do a factory reset ??? i format data from TWRP and flash the weekly rom its always like that no one of the Dev said here that factory reset needed
A clean flash implies that you have cleared everything out. eg. data, information, etc. Therefore a factory reset would have done precisely that - reset everything, ready to start again.

On mi 10 ultra, whenever I disconnect my Bluetooth Earphones, the media volume goes to zero.

However, with this update, I realise I can still hear very soft sound from the phone speaker, like the volume was set at level 1 instead. Pressing down on volume does nothing, I have to press volume up and then down to turn off the sound.

A clean flash implies that you have cleared everything out. eg. data, information, etc. Therefore a factory reset would have done precisely that - reset everything, ready to start again.
But I still don't understand why I should do that its not the first time i go from stable to weekly or from weekly to stable and every time i jest format data from TWRP and flash the rom and all work fine

On mi 10 ultra, whenever I disconnect my Bluetooth Earphones, the media volume goes to zero.

However, with this update, I realise I can still hear very soft sound from the phone speaker, like the volume was set at level 1 instead. Pressing down on volume does nothing, I have to press volume up and then down to turn off the sound.
Can confirm. Same issue on 10 ultra

Reactions: Sylar82
Status
Not open for further replies.