MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy the Xiaomi.EU ROM very much and my son is using it since 9 month now. Unfortunately I also do have the permission problem with TWRP now. My situation:
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 (ginkgo)
  • My son is using a pattern for device security, but fingerprints are also configured.
  • Before update MIUI 20.11.11 ROM was installed. Everything worked fine. Planned an update to this version 20.12.9 using xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_20.12.9_v12-10.zip.
  • Copied zip to internal memory, rebooted to recovery.
  • Using TWRP 3.4.0.0 by mauronofrio (twrp-3.4.0-0-ginkgo-willow-mauronofrio.img)
  • Installed ZIP and wiped cache and dalvik.
  • Rebooted to system.
Afterwards I went back to TWRP and found tons of error messages:

Code:
Determining wrapped-key support for /data
fbe.data.wrappedkey = true
Wrapped key supported on /data
Added key 377337923 (ext4:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 827430475 (f2fs:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 612730818 (fscrypt:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Installed de key for user 0
Using synthetic password method
Handle is 'f88df6fda36976eb'
I:PageManager::LoadFileToBuffer loading filename: '/data/system/users/0.xml' directly
E:PageManager::LoadFileToBuffer failed to open '/data/system/users/0.xml' - (Invalid argument)
I:User 0 is not decrypted.
I:Backup folder set to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/19c1f58c'
I:Settings storage is '/data/media/0'
Updating partition details...
Error opening: '/data/misc/profiles/cur/0/com.miui.maintenancemode' (Operation not permitted)
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/misc/profiles/cur/0/com.miui.maintenancemode'
Error opening: '/data/misc/profiles/ref/com.miui.maintenancemode' (Operation not permitted)
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/misc/profiles/ref/com.miui.maintenancemode'
Error opening: '/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_hw' (Operation not permitted)
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_hw'
Error opening: '/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw' (Operation not permitted)
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw'

afterwards tons of the "Error opening" messages.

Afterwards TWRP asks for the pattern. After this you find this in the log:
Code:
Added key 518492408 (ext4:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 202540829 (f2fs:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 29393372 (fscrypt:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Installed ce key for user 0
User 0 Decrypted Successfully!
User 0 Decrypted Successfully
I:All found users are decrypted.
Data successfully decrypted
I:mount -o bind '/data/media/0' '/sdcard' process ended with RC=0
Error opening: '/data/misc/profiles/cur/0/com.miui.maintenancemode' (Operation not permitted)
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/misc/profiles/cur/0/com.miui.maintenancemode'
Error opening: '/data/misc/profiles/ref/com.miui.maintenancemode' (Operation not permitted)

Any advice for the root cause/getting back to a normal operation?

Screenshot_2020-12-13-20-52-45-672_com.miui.home.jpg
may i ask about bubbles ? it have a blur white above and cant interact on this

I do enjoy the Xiaomi.EU ROM very much and my son is using it since 9 month now. Unfortunately I also do have the permission problem with TWRP now. My situation:
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 (ginkgo)
  • My son is using a pattern for device security, but fingerprints are also configured.
  • Before update MIUI 20.11.11 ROM was installed. Everything worked fine. Planned an update to this version 20.12.9 using xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_20.12.9_v12-10.zip.
  • Copied zip to internal memory, rebooted to recovery.
  • Using TWRP 3.4.0.0 by mauronofrio (twrp-3.4.0-0-ginkgo-willow-mauronofrio.img)
  • Installed ZIP and wiped cache and dalvik.
  • Rebooted to system.
Afterwards I went back to TWRP and found tons of error messages:

Code:
Determining wrapped-key support for /data
fbe.data.wrappedkey = true
Added key 377337923 (ext4:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 827430475 (f2fs:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 612730818 (fscrypt:b8d2594de671e4b3) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Installed de key for user 0
I:PageManager::LoadFileToBuffer loading filename: '/data/system/users/0.xml' directly
E:PageManager::LoadFileToBuffer failed to open '/data/system/users/0.xml' - (Invalid argument)
I:User 0 is not decrypted.
I:Settings storage is '/data/media/0'
I:Real error: Unable to stat '/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw'

afterwards tons of the "Error opening" messages.

Afterwards TWRP asks for the pattern. After this you find this in the log:
Code:
Added key 518492408 (ext4:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 202540829 (f2fs:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Added key 29393372 (fscrypt:a79273c483266021) to keyring 776216706 in process 441
Installed ce key for user 0
User 0 Decrypted Successfully!
User 0 Decrypted Successfully
I:All found users are decrypted.
Data successfully decrypted
I:mount -o bind '/data/media/0' '/sdcard' process ended with RC=0

Any advice for the root cause/getting back to a normal operation?
Well you are not alone, I made this thread:
The phone should still be very usable until the next update when ever they release it. These are only breaking the recovery and possibly Google backup.

My device Mi10, why can I see only one option to set DND sessions? I'd like to set different times for weekdays and weekends but this does not seem to be possible anymore.
Same on my Mi10Pro... Anyway it is like this since update 20.11.5

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

What should I do for saving magisk and modules+modules settings of magisk after updating xiaomi.eu (weekly updates)
Should I flash magisk.zip after every update ? nothing more ?

Hi I have a question can they be changed style from chinese to german? Since almost every style come from China. Greeting the Andy

What should I do for saving magisk and modules+modules settings of magisk after updating xiaomi.eu (weekly updates)
Normally after installing a new ROM, you would need to install Magisk as well. However, Magisk is a utility and you would have to see yourself whether it is performing as it should.

Reactions: EmiLRZ360
Hi I have a question can they be changed style from chinese to german? Since almost every style come from China. Greeting the Andy
'They' - what is they? If it is the weekly beta ROM, then these ROMs are multilingual. See post #1 to see what languages are included.

Same on Poco F2 Pro/K30 Pro
I found the roots of this issue: it only happens if you have Bluetooth device unlock option on, AND your device is actually being unlocked using this method.
In case I try to double tap on notifications and use fingerprint/pattern - it brings me to the app. My Bip S should not be recognized during unlock process.

Reactions: Steel1986
Hi all. I am on latest stable rom 12.2.1.0 on my Mi 10 pro device. I want to go to weekly releases, should I wipe data or I can simply flash weekly rom? Is there any problem with twrp or should I pay attention to something else? Thanks in advance for your reply

Hi all. I am on latest stable rom 12.2.1.0 on my Mi 10 pro device. I want to go to weekly releases, should I wipe data or I can simply flash weekly rom? Is there any problem with twrp or should I pay attention to something else? Thanks in advance for your reply
Hello, you will need to format data (in "Wipe" menu in TWRP -> "Format Data" button) after installating Weekly version (if you come from Stable). ;)

Why do I need to install root on xiaomi.eu, I don't need it?
Lol, rooting your device is not mandatory. If you don't need it, don't install it. ^^

EDIT: You have to install Magisk again after installing a ROM update if you want to have root, that's what he's meaning.

You don't lose your Magisk modules but you have to flash Magisk zip again, yes. :)

Last edited:
Guys can somone help me?

I have a MI NOTE 10 PRO /cc9 pro

I have installed the latest room. It works fine. But when I install MAGISK 21.1 I get bootloop to FASTBOOT.

I have the Mauronofrio TWRP

To unlock the bootloop I have to boot into TWRP and re install the rom WITHOUT MAGISK. Then it works.

But when I install MAGISK 21.1 I get again bootloop to fastboot. Any idea how to fix it?

thanks!

------------

PROBLEM FIXED using this strategy: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/magisk-in-mi-note-10.58047/#post-568116

Uninstall old magisk modules

Are you sure it will fix the unknown caller problem ?
From what I read it just enables the options (by changing options in build.props file) - I allready have a working VoLTE connections. Just the receiving end doesn't know whos calling.

100% sûre when i'm calling lte stay and its verry fast i don't have any issues its fast as it sould be

Status
Not open for further replies.