MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
use the code for VoWIFI disable check (!) *#*#VOWIFI#*#* aka *#*#869434#*#* and should work.
It was the first what I have tried but it doesn't work. VoWiFi only supported in EEA ROM

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: black
redmi note 8 very lag , please fix it

RN8. Everything is terribly slow. Applications take a long time to load. Restarting your phone takes endless minutes. The previous version 20.12.2 just flew. I do not understand....

I had the exact same problem with the build 20.11.18 but it seems that it is something that does not affect all the users. I saw some improvement, after changing the super wallpaper with a static one....

I'm a Mi 9 Lite user. As said on the details; this is our last android 10 version.

I've always used system settings to update (didn't use computer connection-command line and fastboot etc). Should I use same method to update from android 10 to 11 next week (our may be later)?

if not; I know how to use twrp but not for dirty installs, at least I wanna try it first (even if we need clean install before android 11).
I will wipe: cache, dalvik but I don't know if I should wipe data? Is dalvik and cache enough for so called "dirty" flash?

Last edited:
I'm a Mi 9 Lite user. As said on the details; this is our last android 10 version.

I've always used system settings to update (didn't use computer connection-command line and fastboot etc). Should I use same method to update from android 10 to 11 next week (our may be later)?

if not; I know how to use twrp but not for dirty installs, at least I wanna try it first (even if we need clean install before android 11).
I will wipe: cache, dalvik but I don't know if I should wipe data? Is dalvik and cache enough for so called "dirty" flash?

I've been through a few Android boosts on different devices, but there have been problems after a dirty flash on all of them. Formatting the data partition was always necessary. And as you read here, it seems to be necessary when switching from 10 to 11!

Reactions: balcis
I've been through a few Android boosts on different devices, but there have been problems after a dirty flash on all of them. Formatting the data partition was always necessary. And as you read here, it seems to be necessary when switching from 10 to 11!

I check votings on every version and never had a problem with dirty flash. I can make a guess that I'll need a clean flash this time but can you direct me where it says to make a clean install to move to android 11?

Really? If the developers have done their job (which they do here), there should be no need to do any wiping or formatting. If necessary, that is taken care of in the installation process. In the past, I have just done the normal installation and any update / upgrade is taken care of. In the unlikely event that there are any problems, simply do a Factory reset from within TWRP.
Don't forget your backups first.

From FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"If you are switching ROMs (changing from one ROM to a completely different one) then you should perform a factory reset. A factory reset wipes data and cache (which includes dalvik cache). A factory reset will also wipe sd-ext and android_secure if your device has those items. 99% of the time, this is all that you need to wipe and you only need to do it once, not three times as some people would lead you to believe.
"If you're installing a nightly update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset.
"

Reactions: balcis
Hello!

This my first time I installed Xiaomi.eu. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9t pro (raphael). The rom works ok, there are a few annoyances but it's rather smooth

But there is big annoyance now that I want a solution for. My default photo gallery app is Google photos. Everytime I delete a picture I get the message "Photos is trying to delete images"
This is caused by app "security" When you click on it you get the message "this action was blocked. You can choose whether to delete or restore the images."
This guy had this problem too but nobody responded https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-12-2.58689/post-575512

I never had this problem is stock rom? When I delete a picture in google photos it goes to trashbin without notification;

Reactions: mrumais
Hello!

This my first time I installed Xiaomi.eu. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9t pro (raphael). The rom works ok, there are a few annoyances but it's rather smooth

But there is big annoyance now that I want a solution for. My default photo gallery app is Google photos. Everytime I delete a picture I get the message "Photos is trying to delete images"
This is caused by app "security" When you click on it you get the message "this action was blocked. You can choose whether to delete or restore the images."
This guy had this problem too but nobody responded https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-12-2.58689/post-575512

I never had this problem is stock rom? When I delete a picture in google photos it goes to trashbin without notification;
Does Google photos have adequate persmissions, eg 'Access and change files on internal storage'?

Can someone help me pleeease? I cannot use my phone!!
Hi, you shouldn't have problems with the usual steps, I just did it on mine and everything goes ok, with the TWRP 1206.
Make sure the picasso model.
If you still can't solve it, you should use Miflash and install the original Chinese ROM WITHOUT CLOSING the BOOTLOADER.
Can you get into fastboot mode?
Know how to use Miflash?
Post here: https://c.mi.com/thread-3256683-1-0.html
Then you start again by installing the TWRP 1206 (fastboot) and then the last ROM xiaomi.eu.

Last edited:
Help please error hide archive!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-14-18-18-54-254_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-14-18-18-54-254_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 196
Hello. I just flashed this rom today build 20.12.09 and my phone is Redmi Note 7 Pro, after this update I could not be able to decrypt my phone whenever I try to install Magisk or any Mods. I tried also to do a format data but still unable to decrypt it.
Any fixed with this please? Thanks in advance.

Hello. I just flashed this rom today build 20.12.09 and my phone is Redmi Note 7 Pro, after this update I could not be able to decrypt my phone whenever I try to install Magisk or any Mods. I tried also to do a format data but still unable to decrypt it.
Any fixed with this please? Thanks in advance.
Why format data? If anything, do a Factory reset.

Get yourself back to a working phone, eg. restore backup, or re-install ROM.
Then slowly work through any modifications and find out which one(s) are causing problems and then look at resolving those.

Good evening, I found this way to activate the volte

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
do not work for me "volte carrier check was disabled for sim 2"
on mi 10

Help please error hideeeeee archiveeee help please
According to Google translate, this error is, "FIle encryption failed, try again", and has occured with the built in File manager app.
Is the error only happening within this app, or within other apps as well? What phone is this on, and has it only started happening with this ROM (this week)?

Why format data? If anything, do a Factory reset.

Get yourself back to a working phone, eg. restore backup, or re-install ROM.
Then slowly work through any modifications and find out which one(s) are causing problems and then look at resolving those.
Yeah, I already tried it but still wont be able to decrypt or re-install the rom again. It gives me an error that the installation is not permitted.

Yeah, I already tried it but still wont be able to decrypt or re-install the rom again. It gives me an error that the installation is not permitted.
So it sounds like you are back to the previous ROM, cannot decrypt or install the new ROM? Are you sure that TWRP is the correct version?
That being the case, I would suggest doing a Factory reset through TWRP (then reboot to system) - that should leave your files intact, and start you from the beginning with a clean system.

Of course you are going to have problems with en/decryption - if you read within TWRP before you format data, IN RED TYPE, it says "... and removes encryption on internal storage." before you enter 'yes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.