MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mi9T I have an issue since 12.2 release: double tap on any notification on lock screen doesn't open the application after unlocking the screen, but brings me to launcher instead. I've tried wiping launcher data, switching different lockscreens in Themes app, no luck. Is it a known issue?

Redmi K30 5G, 2 possible bugs:
1. Unable to activate touch ID in bank application.
2. If from WhatsApp I activate a location to Maps, then the gestures do not work and I cannot exit Maps.

Reactions: hiphopboy
hello there, i did not update to this version yet, i m using the last one and now i am facing a bad problem.
suddenly almost all apps started crashing when i open, started with a ads game.
when i opened camera a message show up "insert a sdcard before using camera" i m using a k30 5g(no sdcard slot).
google chrome,(magisk) isnt crashing but almost all apps like gallery, mixplorer...
when i arrive home i will update the phone and this post(write it better).
i rebooted and network stopped working, so in twrp i cleared cache and the network goes working and the gallery app lasted a bit longer.
sorry for a bad text i m not im home and neither in a calm place.
there is some fix/ this is kinda " common"?
thanks in advance.
i updated and the issue is fixed

Last edited:
same here with M
After the new update:

1. My wifi calling option is missing

2. The option to enable volte is there, but i cannot turn it on

3. I try dial VoLTE *#*#86583#*#* & VoWIFI*#*#869434#*#* on the phone, but nothing happen

I'm using poco f2 pro and my carrier support volte and wifi calling
After the new update:

1. My wifi calling option is missing

2. The option to enable volte is there, but i cannot turn it on

3. I try dial VoLTE *#*#86583#*#* & VoWIFI*#*#869434#*#* on the phone, but nothing happen

I'm using poco f2 pro and my carrier support volte and wifi calling

same here with M10 Ultra

not working on MI 10 Ultra
if VoLTE/VoWIFI was working before the update, by clearing the Phone app data/cache (and SIM activation app) should restore VoLTE/VoWIFI.
be aware that codes applied toggles between enable/disable carrier check.
to get it work the phone should reply with message "disabled carrier check" after dial the code.
if applied again will "enable check" and that will inhibit VoLTE/VoWIFI (will gray out the option).

STOP
You do not always need to 'wipe', or 'format data', etc. etc.
These sometimes can cause more problems than there were before.
If you can get into TWRP, either by booting or through Fastboot, try it!

TWRP is VERY FRIENDLY :)
If you are having problems, and have no data (or even lost your data and have no chance of getting it back), but still want to try and keep your precious files, there is a very simple solution!

Taken from FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"If you are switching ROMs (changing from one ROM to a completely different one) then you should perform a factory reset. A factory reset wipes data and cache (which includes dalvik cache). A factory reset will also wipe sd-ext and android_secure if your device has those items. 99% of the time, this is all that you need to wipe and you only need to do it once, not three times as some people would lead you to believe.
"The vast majority of ROMs wipe system as part of the zip install. This means that in most cases you do not need to wipe system... ever.
"If you're installing a nightly update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset.
"Depending on your device and its configuration, you may have options for wiping internal storage, external storage, sd-ext, android_secure, and/or an option for formatting data. There's almost no reason that you would ever need to use these items."

I always advocate doing backups; TWRP's backups are one of the best. It backs up all of the apps, their data, widgets, and restores everything (icons!) in the same location. I use it all the time.

Yesterday, I tried a Factory reset (never done one before, ever!) I backed everything up and copied it to my PC. I went back into TWRP and did a factor reset from within TWRP. And rebooted.
It was like a brand new phone - going through the complete setup proccess, from scratch. However, all of my files were still there!!!!
So, I went back into TWRP, and just did the restore, and I was back to where I was - having lost nothing.
A Factory reset is really quite painless, but can cover several things - correctly.
What app u use to backup? Thx

if VoLTE/VoWIFI was working before the update, by clearing the Phone app data/cache (and SIM activation app) should restore VoLTE/VoWIFI.
be aware that codes applied toggles between enable/disable carrier check.
to get it work the phone should reply with message "disabled carrier check" after dial the code.
if applied again will "enable check" and that will inhibit VoLTE/VoWIFI (will gray out the option).
I did that, however it said disable carrier check in sim 2 only. U don't know why it wasn't apply at sim 1 also.

Update on Mi 9 Pro, everything is perfect, it is the best Rom ever, absolutely everything. Battery drain, all apps working, gestures, contrast and dark mode, thank you very much for this release.
I am aware about the next Rom with Android 11, so many troubles with TWRP, I think to wait for new twrp before flashing the Android 11. And m Mi 9 Pro is not a commun device out of china so there are not many developers who work on that model.

redmi note 8 very lag , please fix it
Make a clean install it is as fluid as it gets.

Be careful with recovery and encryption I messed mine up somehow - the phone is encrypted but TWRP doesn't ask for a password and doesn't decrypt data.
It will be an issue when they release the new version next year, for now this is the best ROM this phone has ever had - exactly one year after I got it.

I did that, however it said disable carrier check in sim 2 only. U don't know why it wasn't apply at sim 1 also.
you can try also - after clearing apps data - to do a reboot.
also take out SIM , verify codes and see that also for sim 1 carrier checks are disabled. reinsert sim - this will reactivate and if data cleared and checks disabled phone will load proper carrier info and VoLTE/VoWIFI should come up (to enable).
if your carrier supports VoLTE and you have it activated at carrier side for your number it must work. looks to me that your phone doesn't loaded proper configs to allow usage.

RN8. Everything is terribly slow. Applications take a long time to load. Restarting your phone takes endless minutes. The previous version 20.12.2 just flew. I do not understand....

Mi 10 bluetooth goes auto off... Any solution?
- Wifi auto on doesnt work (see wifi settings to set on)

- No volte/vowifi is fixxed.... Clear phone app cache

Last edited:
Mi 10 bluetooth goes auto off... Any solution?
- Wifi auto on doesnt work (see wifi settings to set on)

- No volte/vowifi is fixxed.... Clear phone app cache
With Bluetooth, have a look at:
Settings / Bluetooth / Additional settings / Apps turning on Bluetooth (this also lists apps turning off Bluetooth, eg. Security)

WiFi auto on:
Once you have connected to a network, if you go into the settings for that network, you should have the option to 'Connect automatically'.

Reactions: kral84
RN8. Everything is terribly slow. Applications take a long time to load. Restarting your phone takes endless minutes. The previous version 20.12.2 just flew. I do not understand....
I don't have the device now to check but i have also reports that twrp encrypts data with the last rom .. hope it is twrp issue of my friend and not the rom ..

Reactions: Ксения
With Bluetooth, have a look at:
Settings / Bluetooth / Additional settings / Apps turning on Bluetooth (this also lists apps turning off Bluetooth, eg. Security)

WiFi auto on:
Once you have connected to a network, if you go into the settings for that network, you should have the option to 'Connect automatically'.

I set wifi automatically.... When i go from home , it goes off but when i come back i come not automatically.... Its off

I set the bluetooth diable apps to off. Thx

On Mi 9 Transparent, Gallery is crashing.
This is the log :

The crashes happen when you try to oppen the Gallery app, or try to synchronize with Mi Cloud (and make a partial Sync).

Status
Not open for further replies.