MIUI 11.2 20.3.26 - Last MIUI 11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again. To whomever may find this interesting, I just wanted to report my experience with my Redmi Note 7 running this rom.

First the issues:
I fixed the dark status bar with the terminal command suggested above, but it isnt a fix, it's more like a patch. As they very well said, I cant enter the dark mode menu in settings wtihout undoing the fix, so a more permanent fix would be appreciated.
Then even formatting data while installing the rom did not fix the data encryption. It seems that as soon as I install the new rom, internal storage gets encrypted again. I am installing everything through the sd card though, so no biggie.

Now the GREAT results:
Everything is working as it should. It is smooth as heck, wifi gps and mobile signal working well. havent tested bluetooth as I dont really use it.

Now the greatest result is SOT. I'm getting a 11.5hs SOT. That's HUGE.
Aside from installing the rom, I did the following:
-Debloated it with Xiaomi fastboot tools. Practically uninstalled EVERYTHING I didnt use.
-Searched for some wakelocks with better battery stats. I did install magisk, as root was super useful for this maximizing. Gmail and chrome were my main culprits, and fixed them by normally setting them to "battery saver" on the battery menu.
-then installed Ex kernel manager. I tweaked the big core settings so that they remain as low as possible. Lowered the cpu boost to the minimum. And changed the little cores to conservative. Also double the internal readahaed value, and also changed the GPU governor to simple_ondemand, but I dont know if that matters.

Everything is working flawlessly now, and I am very grateful for all your work. Thanks again :D

Hello,
Is there any chance for weekly rom for redmi note 8t? Miuipro says that rn8 is the same as rn8t except nfc. So maybe its worth to try?

Hi again. To whomever may find this interesting, I just wanted to report my experience with my Redmi Note 7 running this rom.

First the issues:
I fixed the dark status bar with the terminal command suggested above, but it isnt a fix, it's more like a patch. As they very well said, I cant enter the dark mode menu in settings wtihout undoing the fix, so a more permanent fix would be appreciated.
Then even formatting data while installing the rom did not fix the data encryption. It seems that as soon as I install the new rom, internal storage gets encrypted again. I am installing everything through the sd card though, so no biggie.

Now the GREAT results:
Everything is working as it should. It is smooth as heck, wifi gps and mobile signal working well. havent tested bluetooth as I dont really use it.

-Debloated it with Xiaomi fastboot tools. Practically uninstalled EVERYTHING I didnt use.
-Searched for some wakelocks with better battery stats. I did install magisk, as root was super useful for this maximizing. Gmail and chrome were my main culprits, and fixed them by normally setting them to "battery saver" on the battery menu.
-then installed Ex kernel manager. I tweaked the big core settings so that they remain as low as possible. Lowered the cpu boost to the minimum. And changed the little cores to conservative. Also double the internal readahaed value, and also changed the GPU governor to simple_ondemand, but I dont know if that matters.

Everything is working flawlessly now, and I am very grateful for all your work. Thanks again :D
Hallo @johnso
could you give us some settings in numbers that we have a orientation how we can also improve our device? :D

No edit MIUI Quick Settings Toggles

MI MIX 2S rom

miui-quick-settings-edit-option.jpg

First the issues:

Now the GREAT results:

Very good setting up with gpu,if battery is high priority for you, try pixel filter app from play store too,it helps a lot

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Install the newest orangefox twrp and it will be fixed

Hi all
Which custom kernel recomended for Lavender user ?
I tried predator and darkonah,camera not working. Tried both oldcam and newcam also

Hallo @johnso
could you give us some settings in numbers that we have a orientation how we can also improve our device? :D

Hallo back at ya :D. I am by no means an expert, I did some very superficial research on what each number meant in kernel settings, and some I understood, some i didnt :p. So here's what I toucheed in ex kernel manager. It's not MUCH, but I feel it had an impact. Attached Screens!

Very good setting up with gpu,if battery is high priority for you, try pixel filter app from play store too,it helps a lot

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does say it's an app for AMOLED displays, and I'm currently on redmi note 7, which isnt. But thanks anyway!

Install the newest orangefox twrp and it will be fixed

Was about to tell you that I HAD done that, but it seems I installed a previous version when I did. Just reflashed it as per your post, AND IT WORKS NOW :D, thank you very much!

Hi all
Which custom kernel recomended for Lavender user ?
I tried predator and darkonah,camera not working. Tried both oldcam and newcam also

If i'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that there are currently no custom kernels working for MIUI ANDROID 10. This rom has one inside, right? All I did was tweak the one that came with this rom, which I believe is stocks'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-30-313_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-30-313_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-33-857_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-33-857_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-44-663_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-33-44-663_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-34-05-028_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-08-34-05-028_flar2.exkernelmanager.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Ting Ting
Hallo back at ya :D. I am by no means an expert, I did some very superficial research on what each number meant in kernel settings, and some I understood, some i didnt :p. So here's what I toucheed in ex kernel manager. It's not MUCH, but I feel it had an impact. Attached Screens!

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does say it's an app for AMOLED displays, and I'm currently on redmi note 7, which isnt. But thanks anyway!

Was about to tell you that I HAD done that, but it seems I installed a previous version when I did. Just reflashed it as per your post, AND IT WORKS NOW :D, thank you very much!

If i'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that there are currently no custom kernels working for MIUI ANDROID 10. This rom has one inside, right? All I did was tweak the one that came with this rom, which I believe is stocks'.
Thanks for replying.
I dont know if for miui android 10 but its writed for android 10 so i give a shot.
Now i think gonna stick on default kernel which is come with the roms

Drop min frequency,, to the actual min,mine is 300,its much better for battery and faster charging

hi, any working custom kernel for k20pro premium with this rom?
or kernel manager and tweaks to enhance battery?

someone have the dtbo to overclock the mi9

that does not affect the screen unlock or fingerprint

I tried some dtbo (66,69,84hz etc)

but they all have bugs with fingerprint and face unlock

Does anyone have a dtbo for mi9 that does not affect or fail with the face or finger unlock?

but i read somewhere in xda, candy kernel supports miui android 10?
i just dont know if it will work on my device sd855+ and with this rom thats why i ask here first maybe some has an idea...

someone have the dtbo to overclock the mi9

that does not affect the screen unlock or fingerprint

I tried some dtbo (66,69,84hz etc)

but they all have bugs with fingerprint and face unlock

Does anyone have a dtbo for mi9 that does not affect or fail with the face or finger unlock?

same here for my k20propremium, all dbto tweaks posted in xda doesnt work well on me.... thats why i always cameback to stock 60hz

Maybe there is a kernel like candy kernel for k20 pro. Worked best for me with 75hz

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K20 Pro mit Tapatalk

Maybe there is a kernel like candy kernel for k20 pro. Worked best for me with 75hz

ohhh really? it works in this rom? 72 or 75? i heard 75 make shutters but 72 doesnt... what kernel manager you are using? but does it really has a blocker that you cant play pubg?

ohhh really? it works in this rom? 72 or 75? i heard 75 make shutters but 72 doesnt... what kernel manager you are using? but does it really has a blocker that you cant play pubg?
I don't use any kernel manager. 75hz looks stable without stuttering for me. Also no fingerprint issues. Yes, candy has a pubg blocker, that's right. But best of all, you'll just to rename zip file for another frequency.

Reactions: phelite2015
I don't use any kernel manager. 75hz looks stable without stuttering for me. Also no fingerprint issues. Yes, candy has a pubg blocker, that's right. But best of all, you'll just to rename zip file for another frequency.

whats your sot for straight gaming? and for normal use?

Drop min frequency,, to the actual min,mine is 300,its much better for battery and faster charging

Yes! I went straight for that when started tweakking, but I found that at least this custom kernel already had the true min freq in both set of cores, so that's great :).

Anyone know anything on hotplugging on Lavender? I did some research to no avail. I seem to have all the 8 cores enabled at all times, and for the light use I give the phone (whatsapp, some chrome, some instagram) it seems like an overkill.

hi, what is xiaomi service firmware app (com.xiaomi.xmsf) ?
this kill my battery, i need it? it is safe to remove it?
thanks

hi, what is xiaomi service firmware app (com.xiaomi.xmsf) ?
this kill my battery, i need it? it is safe to remove it?
thanks
I freezed it, not removed it (so I don't know if you remove it what will happen) but freezing it is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.