MIUI 12.6 21.10.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Since I upgraded to Android 12, I'm not able to use VPN with my cloned apps (probably because they are coming from work profile).
But it worked well before...

I am the only one in this situation or it affect other people?

PS: For upgrading I dirty flashed A12 over A11

I am currently running 12.5.17 china rom on my Mi 11 Ultra. Can I just reboot to bootloader and run the batch file from this update? I tried to update to android 12 beta 21.10.27 china rom using fastboot, but after the reboot my phone got stuck in EDL. I needed to contact someone on Telegram with an authorized account to get my phone up and running. Don't want this to happen again...

I am currently running 12.5.17 china rom on my Mi 11 Ultra. Can I just reboot to bootloader and run the batch file from this update? I tried to update to android 12 beta 21.10.27 china rom using fastboot, but after the reboot my phone got stuck in EDL. I needed to contact someone on Telegram with an authorized account to get my phone up and running. Don't want this to happen again...
Hello,

I don't have your device but my advice is to:

1) Install the latest Weekly version with Android 11 (Mi 11 Ultra) by using TWRP => Follow this guide: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-install-twrp-for-mi-11-pro-ultra.61239/

2) Boot your device and finish the first configuration wizard

3) Use the fastboot "update" script of the latest Weekly version with Android 12 (Mi 11 Ultra)

Reactions: frankhammen
In the latest Android 12 build, I can't find the menu to change my password manager anymore. (POCO F3)

With Poco F3 no more names on WhatsApp after updating to Android 12. Only phone numbers.

Hello, developers!
Ever since I've been on the A12 Android version, my gps isn't working well. Alioth device, last rom. In A 11 it worked well. I use an application that uses gps for business needs and now instead of 3-6 meters the difference shows me 50 or more meters, and sometimes even more 1000 (!!!!) meters. Useless.
Can anyone help me or should I go back to A 11?
Really nobody can help me?

You got a bit confused there.
There's no relation between the swipe up gesture and the search bar, they are handled separately, so there's no "little bug" here.
"Search bar provider" is for the search bar only. "Swipe up search provider" (in "Home screen" -> "Classic") is for the swipe up gesture.
When i swipe up it shows Google search. Is that how it has to be

Hello,

I don't have your device but my advice is to:

1) Install the latest Weekly version with Android 11 (Mi 11 Ultra) by using TWRP => Follow this guide: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-install-twrp-for-mi-11-pro-ultra.61239/

2) Boot your device and finish the first configuration wizard

3) Use the fastboot "update" script of the latest Weekly version with Android 12 (Mi 11 Ultra)
Thanks for the advice. TWRP is already installed, so installing the last weekly android 11 xiaomi.eu should be easy. Is just updating enough to go from android 11 to android 12? I always thought that because of the switch to another major android version you *needed* to do a clean install...

Thanks for the advice. TWRP is already installed, so installing the last weekly android 11 xiaomi.eu should be easy. Is just updating enough to go from android 11 to android 12? I always thought that because of the switch to another major android version you *needed* to do a clean install...
You never need to do a clean install when it's an Android upgrade. You need to do a clean install for an Android downgrade only. ;)

MI11 - works nicely but came with some really ugly custom icons (Amazon, OneDrive, Aquamail etc.)
How do I switch back to the original app icons, that were provided by the developers of the apps? (still present in settings menus, but screwed up on screen and drawer)

Any help appreciated, because I don't only like them, but in addition to that it makes it really hard to find the apps, as icons are different now in different views.

I was going to update my POCO F3 / REDMI K40 but it bothers me not having the twrp. I don't understand why it's gone but, if I wait, will it be eventually coming back and will u be able to flash the rom using the twrp like before ?

+ Weather super wallpaper is not working
+ Snow mountain wallpaper has some issues
There is a known Xiaomi bug with the weather superwallpaper. It cannot tell the time! It does seem to relate to the type of weather, but mine always shows night-time.
I cannot comment on the mountain superwallpaper because I do not use it.

MI11
After some further test:
- Some apps do not open
- Screenahot and screen recorder do not work either

Keep up the good work!

I guess it's a problem with first update to A12. I did
,, fresh install " ( deleted all data ) to 21.10.20 , and after that ,, dirty install " to 21.10.22 , and now to 21.10.27 , and I didn't have issues with lagging or other system erorrs !
Now, 21.10.27 seems a little bit smoother , then previous ones, but it's stil a beta rom !
Same erorrs :
- WhatsUp contacts needs to be refreshed constantly - I don't think , enymore , there is a app problem because it's working ok on Pixel 6
- Themes App doesn't let you to install any theme or font ( erorr 3000..., I post it in 21.10.20 thread )
- problems with selecting default app to open documents directly from mail app ( Gmail or rom Mail ) : you have to open a document saved on device for the first time , and after that it will work directly from mail ( at least for me )
- not showing contacts from company servers , if you use an outlook account , in contacts and dialer app ( it's not an A12 problem , I also find it in A11 Xiaomi.Eu Rom's , maybe it's from Chainese version of the Rom)

Great work from the team for this Beta roms !!! Let's not forget there are Betas , and are stable enough to be used daily !!!
Thank You !
Next update should focus on how system handle docs ; for me this is the bigest drowback :
- problems opening docs from emails apps - I found a way to solve that , but many users pointed out
- freezes when you want to open docs in WhatsUp - especially PDF's
- freezes when I take screenshot with UI scanner and I try to send it via any app ( WhatsUp , Mail , Telegram , etc ) : I have to save it to Drive , and send it after that

Thank you !

This ROM is excellent for my Mi 10 Pro except for battery life. I came from 12.0.5 EEA which had awesome battery life but now it's very mediocre. 20 minute SOT when I hit 90% when it used to be closer to an hour. Standby drain seems like 1 - 1.5% per hours which is too high, clean install basically no apps installed yet. Such a shame because the ROM is really fluid and more modern looking.

Skickat från min Mi 10 Pro via Tapatalk

Next update should focus on how system handle docs ; for me this is the bigest drowback :
- problems opening docs from emails apps - I found a way to solve that , but many users pointed out
- freezes when you want to open docs in WhatsUp - especially PDF's
- freezes when I take screenshot with UI scanner and I try to send it via any app ( WhatsUp , Mail , Telegram , etc ) : I have to save it to Drive , and send it after that

Thank you !
do report this to xiaomi developer team.

Status
Not open for further replies.