MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that my MI9 sometimes after unlocking the screen remains black without being able to do any operation. On one of the occasions I got a message that the launcher had crashed or something like that.
Should you update the launcher?
Same here on Mi10Pro

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: sdfre3
I noticed that my MI9 sometimes after unlocking the screen remains black without being able to do any operation. On one of the occasions I got a message that the launcher had crashed or something like that.
Should you update the launcher?
Well that's great, means there is a crash and it will be visible if you record a logcat. Then we could look into the issue.

RN8 feedback.

Excellent Rom. Thnaks Devs. However screenshot still fails most of the time with 3 finger gesture. This has been present since the first MIUI 12.5 build. A fix is well overdue

Another thing, I recently found an update to the Search app. Its beautiful and amazing (see screenshot ), this update however has replaced the stock browser with Mi Browser global which has remapped the swipe to search gesture to use Mi Browser global instead of the search app. I needed the previous stock Browser back please. Anyone has the apk? I love this Search app UI.

Suggestion: Roll back to the previous stock browser in future update and modd the new search app for EU use please.
View attachment 35088
View attachment 35089
Same here (Mi 9)

Everything's really smooth and definitely better than last version. Face recognition seems a bit faster. Safetynet passed and L1 on Mi 9t.

Thank you really much!

(raphael) dirty flashed last week's 21.2.23 beta over 12.0.6.0 stable with no issues (thanks to this BootFix Patch); this week's OTA update, though, caused a bootloop into TWRP and i had to format data.

maybe it happened because i misclicked and didn't decrypt data when TWRP launched? and is the weekly update always this huge (3GB)?

also, the AODs are breaking the names of the days if they're too long... like friday/sexta (portuguese) displayed fine but then saturday/sábado came and:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-27 at 17.53.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-27 at 17.53.15.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 238
B Mi10T long delay to turn on the screen when pressing the unlock button, I reboot the device and it is fixed but soon after the same problem appears again. It is normal ?

B Mi10T long delay to turn on the screen when pressing the unlock button, I reboot the device and it is fixed but soon after the same problem appears again. It is normal ?
When installing / updating, did you clear the Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?

Reactions: sdfre3 and Poney70
Thanks devs for this update. Everything is smooth on my Mi 9T.
Can I ask for something? Could you enable blur notification in next update?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

have bugs on mi 9 lite?
I didn't notice any bug (I don't use all the functions of the rom, only the basic ones). I dirty update as always and everything went smoothly. I noticed a general improvement in snappiness and probably a particular improvement in battery consumption. More than 12 hours SOT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-27-22-54-57-641_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-27-22-54-57-641_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: steniooliv
I've experienced unending bootloops from my K30 5G installing the last weekly (Prior to this) ROM. Decided to move from Weekly to Stable so that I can use my phone. Waited 2 weeks to give (This weekly ROM) it a try again. Format/Wipe Data reboot to TWRP and started flashing. Thankfully no bootloops/hangs, and run smoothly now. There's one thing I've noticed, VoLTE and VoWifi doesn't work on my phone even though I've activated both of them, I will not question my provider since they do offer it (VoLTE). Hopefully it'll be fix, and is it possible to make K30 5G Widevine L1 certified?.

Thank You Devs!

Reactions: Hincly
(raphael) dirty flashed last week's 21.2.23 beta over 12.0.6.0 stable with no issues (thanks to this BootFix Patch); this week's OTA update, though, caused a bootloop into TWRP and i had to format data.

maybe it happened because i misclicked and didn't decrypt data when TWRP launched? and is the weekly update always this huge (3GB)?

also, the AODs are breaking the names of the days if they're too long... like friday/sexta (portuguese) displayed fine but then saturday/sábado came and:
You missed an IMPORTANT info at the end of my post about the BootFix Patch (I guess...). ;)

Weekly update = Full ROM. Here, there are no real OTA updates like Official ROMs by Xiaomi. :)

About FOD, is it font size related issue maybe?

Reactions: felipecardel
No idea, never seed such thing in the Weather app, nothing I can do here.
Extracting the app from previous release won't help you with anything, we changed nothing. Your app was probably auto-updating from Play Store and replacing our patched app (again, it was a bug).
It turned out to be a temporary problem because there was no forecast video for that date (they publish videos one day in advance):
Screenshot_2021-02-28-08-54-08-633_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
Now I can watch video forecasts as before.

These apps were not updated from the play store (most recent updates in 3 days):
Screenshot_2021-02-28-10-29-34-161_com.android.vending.jpgScreenshot_2021-02-28-09-12-11-384_com.miui.securitycenter.jpgScreenshot_2021-02-28-09-12-33-349_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Note: when I had the official stable rom I entered the beta testing program for these apps, but when I switched to xiaomi.eu beta rom, I performed a clean flash with data formatting and without restoring backups.

Hi,
I'm on Mi 9SE grus with
xiaomi.eu 20.12.9
TWRP 3.5.0_9-0
Magisk beta 21.2

Any tips to update to latest beta?
Which Magisk to flash after update?
Stable, beta, canary?

Last edited:
Google play system update is on January 2021 but it says there's an update available. When i install this update the google play system update just stays on January 2021. For the rest very good miui eu update :)

Sent from my M2007J3SY using Tapatalk

Mi 9

Since more than a month I experience massive problems with my WiFi connection on 5GHz. The issue with L1 still exists and I'm only able to to watch in SD quality. But SafetyNet status is successfully passed.

Hi,
I'm on Mi 9SE grus with
xiaomi.eu 20.12.9
TWRP 3.5.0_9-0
Magisk beta 21.2

Any tips to update to latest beta?
Which Magisk to flash after update?
Stable, beta, canary?
Simply dirty flash the latest weekly, wipe caches and you're good to go ;)

Download the latest stable Magisk-v22.0.apk
Rename and add ".zip"
Flash in twrp

After updated to 21.2.24 VoWiFi gone again (Only 21.2.3 with VoWiFi)
Having a lot of trouble getting VoWifi to work on the Mi 10 ultra too, but it seems to be working again now after rebooting and revalidating the EEA mbn.

Music/youtube notification still broken in this update? ( not showing forward and pause after a while and progress bar not showing on lockscreen) Can someone confirm this for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.