MIUI 14 23.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But reboot recovery didn't work ''unknown reboot target recovery'' so the key combo does.
It means that whatever fastboot executable you used is extremely outdated and you should not be using it.
Use fastboot that we include with fastboot ROMs.

Reactions: Reekax
Hi all,
Still I cannot get Wifi for last 3 update, even using this week's recovery, still I cannot activate the wifi, I try clean or dirty install but no luck. should I clean it again? I use the latest twrp to install without problem, just wifi..... already clean dalivk cache.

For me that didn't work.,...
after flashing recovery phone got stuck in fastboot...
So...
Flashed the previous Xiaomi_EU rom, phone rebooted after successful flash.
and it rebooted to TWRP :)
Then I flashed the new rom and it worked great.

for those who may have issues :)

Thanks, I couldn't get out of fastboot mode, I applied this and it also worked for me, cupic model

Hi, if I come from miui13 v22.10.26 on mi11 Venus.

Could I directly install newest 23.1.3 mi miui14?

Is it correct to:

1) first install twrp (newest skkk version from opening post) via fastboot boot twrp.img then install recovery to ramdisk by choosing twrp.img on phone

2) install newest image 22.1.3 without any format (I don't want to loose data (should I turn off security pin first, so that memory isn't crypted?)

Or is there an easier faster way to do the update without data loss?

Thx in advance

I want to upgrade from version 22.10.26 without losing data. I tried all versions for fastboot, the system does not start, goes into bootloop. Now I install through TWRP and again the system does not start. I just can not understand what prevents the system from starting? Mi11Pro (mars).

I have a bootloop on my F3. I have no errors when flashing into TWRP. The phone boots up, after the bootanimation a black screen appears and the phone reboots. Twice three times and boot into recovery. Maybe one of these logs will help.

https://mega.nz/folder/ldxUUYhA#SdklmSZR1HuJNMXUaFugBA

Same problem on K50 Ultra update, without format:
V13.0.7.0 fastboot to V13.0.10.0: work smooth
V14.0.22.12.26 fastboot to V14.0.23.1.3: get bootloop

Last edited:
Why are you inventing new methods to do standard procedures?
The correct way to boot into TWRP after flashing it via fastboot is "fastboot reboot recovery"
Please could you update the first post with a link to proper steps for the different divides, at least those with a_b partition and what to do for those without. I have read through comments and every one is trying everything else. Mostly success is after they have failed first time after wrong step meant for different device. Thank you

Please could you update the first post with a link to proper steps for the different divides, at least those with a_b partition and what to do for those without. I have read through comments and every one is trying everything else. Mostly success is after they have failed first time after wrong step meant for different device. Thank you
No worries, I'm working on a guide like that.

Issue installing this version on mi 12s ultra.
Tried through the updater app and failed then through latest twrp as can be seen in these images.

Attachments

• IMG-20230108-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0000.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG-20230108-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0001.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, I made the update without any problem and everything was fine. With this latest update, the biggest problem is excessive battery consumption, while using the phone I realized it, but tonight with the phone on standby it was amazing (see image) it's a problem I didn't have with the first one.
Can something be done?
Similarly, during charging the phone gets very hot.
Thanks for the gig and updating our phone. By the way,
I have a Poco F3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-08-09-56-43-232_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-08-09-56-43-232_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 392
Issue installing this version on mi 12s ultra.
Tried through the updater app and failed then through latest twrp as can be seen in these images.
If you will see this error in TWRP during ROM install, just reboot to TWRP again and try again (repeat until the installation is successful, maybe even 10 times)
It is written in the second post of this thread.

Good morning, I made the update without any problem and everything was fine. With this latest update, the biggest problem is excessive battery consumption, while using the phone I realized it, but tonight with the phone on standby it was amazing (see image) it's a problem I didn't have with the first one.
Can something be done?
Similarly, during charging the phone gets very hot.
Thanks for the gig and updating our phone. By the way,
I have a Poco F3View attachment 45563!!
Mine is 14% which still seems higher than usual. Same device

If you will see this error in TWRP during ROM install, just reboot to TWRP again and try again (repeat until the installation is successful, maybe even 10 times)
It is written in the second post of this thread.
Thank you, I've seen that yesterday but then forgot all about it until it happened to me this morning, sorry for that

Hello, I read the forum, I tried everything you wrote, the TWRP installation gives me an error message. I also tried the command lines that were suggested, then the old TWRP for Android 12 came up, which does not see the phone's internal storage

Attachments

• Windows PowerShell 2023. 01. 08. 10_03_13.png
    Windows PowerShell 2023. 01. 08. 10_03_13.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for newest recovery version.
12x (Psyche) no problems so far.
NFC
Android Auto
Battery
Performance
Chromecast
Camera

Thanks a lot!

Hello, I read the forum, I tried everything you wrote, the TWRP installation gives me an error message. I also tried the command lines that were suggested, then the old TWRP for Android 12 came up, which does not see the phone's internal storage
Use "fastboot flash recovery_ab twp.img" and then "fastboot reboot recovery".

Look at the first and second post in this thread

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
12S Ultra (thor)
12 Pro (zeus)
12 (cupid)
12S Pro (unicorn)
12T Pro / Redmi K50 Ultra (diting)
POCO F4 GT / Redmi K50 Gaming (ingres)
12S (mayfly)

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Mi 10S (thyme)
Mi 11 Pro (mars)
Mi 11 Ultra (star)
Mi 11 (venus)
POCO F3 / Redmi K40 (alioth)
Mi 11i / Redmi K40 Pro/+ (haydn)
MIX 4 (odin)
12X (psyche)
POCO F4 / Redmi K40S (munch)

Xiaomi 12X here: I still have twrp-3.6.2_12... do I need to update it to 3.7.0 or can I just install the new Xiaomi-EU using my old twrp?

Update was Successfully!

Device: Mi 11 Ultra
Where do I come from: MIUI 13 Latest Weekly
Where am I now: MIUI 14 Latest Dev Build

My performed steps:
-
Download trwp.img for my Device
- rename it to "trwp.img"
- Download MIUI 14 Latest Dev Build
- Copy trwp.img & MUI 14 Rom on the Device
- Boot Device into Fastboot
- Type "fastboot devices" in cmd to make sure, my device is recognized
- Type "fastboot boot twrp.img" to boot Recovery
- Install Recovery (We only have the img so we need to go to "Advanced" and select "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
- Install MIUI 14
- Wipe Dalvik
- Reboot
- Finish

I made a dirty Installation and it works perfect for me.
I had some errors showing in the Recovery.
The error told me that he cant mount mi-ext, but i didn't care because i knew "mi-ext" was not necessary.

And thats it, i will test everything now but for the moment, my Installation was successfully without "Wipe Data" so i dont lose any Data :)

regards

Hi, M11 Lite 5G Renoir was already on fastboot long before the other phone models. Not sure about the reason for that. But yesterday I tried to install twrp latest version for Renoir , but it worked just once. Besides several error messages some partions seems to be missing. Anybody managed to get TWRP working permantly on that phone ?
Tks

Update was Successfully!

Device: Mi 11 Ultra
Where do I come from: MIUI 13 Latest Weekly
Where am I now: MIUI 14 Latest Dev Build

My performed steps:
-
Download trwp.img for my Device
- rename it to "trwp.img"
- Download MIUI 14 Latest Dev Build
- Copy trwp.img & MUI 14 Rom on the Device
- Boot Device into Fastboot
- Type "fastboot devices" in cmd to make sure, my device is recognized
- Type "fastboot boot twrp.img" to boot Recovery
- Install Recovery (We only have the img so we need to go to "Advanced" and select "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
- Install MIUI 14
- Wipe Dalvik
- Reboot
- Finish

I made a dirty Installation and it works perfect for me.
I had some errors showing in the Recovery.
The error told me that he cant mount mi-ext, but i didn't care because i knew "mi-ext" was not necessary.

And thats it, i will test everything now but for the moment, my Installation was successfully without "Wipe Data" so i dont lose any Data :)

regards
Great guide for mi 11 ultra, I will try later with these steps.

Yes. Boot into the existing TWRP and goto "install recovery as ramdisk" and select twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.6_A13-alioth-skkk.img linked above for Alioth/K40/F3.
I did, now it's stuck everytime I try to boot into TWRP, should have pick the correct one for my 11 pro xD, going to flash the older one again until it's working.

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_134811.jpg
    IMG_20230108_134811.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 315
Update succeful mi 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-08-14-27-07-158_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-08-14-27-07-158_com.android.updater.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: Cebrero