3.3.1 (V5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I use " accu weather" for weather. Is there a way to use " weather " app in V5? any solutions....

Hey Guys:

Before upgrade , I used to have a chinese version of "video app". After upgrade , I did not find that. More over, I do not find any app for video come in V5? I could not find Icon for video app anywhere...

any idea?

Hi,
mine has a video app. Check in Settings-Apps. You should find a com.miui.video app. By me it works fine. I just don't have an icon on my desktop for this particular app.

The problem with my email Apps seems to be in the miuiandroid Rom. it did not received this error in the v5 miui rom.
Last night I removed all the data and installed the m.a rom again, but the message of my email keeps coming back.

Sorry I can't copy and paste the failure1

did you just try to persistently open it - mine works again..

Not working, i have try to manually open it persistently. It can be opened. But not long after the same problem occured..

Thats too bad. I found this mail interface is the most beautiful among the others maill apps on android.. but when its not working, its frustating...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

He
Hi,
mine has a video app. Check in Settings-Apps. You should find a com.miui.video app. By me it works fine. I just don't have an icon on my desktop for this particular app.
He probably means the china only video streaming app which isn't included in these ROMs (because its china only). Its installed to data by official MIUI.

Yep, I fixed my problem, it was the email app causing major problems everywhere. All my apps kept closing but email didnt work at all. I cleared data on the email app and it deleted all my email accounts but fixed the other issues. I set up the email accounts again and it all worked for an hour or so, then the problem recurred. I have cleared the data again and all working but no email....ill wait for a fix before setting it up again..

Cheers

Hello guys,
I'm decompiling Music.apk i have updated androidsdktools and use apktool 1.5.2 as I never generates these errors?

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x060a005e
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlAttr(ResScalarValue.java:44)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResAttrDecoder.decode(ResAttrDecoder.java:40)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.AXmlResourceParser.getAttributeValue(AXmlResourceParser.java:313)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.XmlPullParserDelegate.getAttributeValue(XmlPullParserDelegate.java:69)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.writeStartTag(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:267)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.event(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:211)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder$1.event(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:80)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder.decode(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:130)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResStreamDecoderContainer.decode(ResStreamDecoderContainer.java:34)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:107)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:91)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:238)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:114)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)

He
He probably means the china only video streaming app which isn't included in these ROMs (because its china only). Its installed to data by official MIUI.

So, what should I do to get a video or video icon?

Pls give some ideas...

thanks in advance..

He

Is it same goes for " weather " app came in V5? Is it for china? ( If it is only for china why it came in V5 Eng?) confused:confused:

Its listed in the launcher widgets but not installed (at least on v4 that was the case). Because this site is aimed at everyone outside of china, so things like supermarket, Chinese input and china only weather are removed. Same with the video app. Flash official or pull the apk out of it if you want the MiuiVideo app (not to be confused with MiuiVideoPlayer, which is what is in all MIUI ROMs and just plays files on the phone itself and has no launcher icon).

Reactions: Baski
Hello guys,
I'm decompiling Music.apk i have updated androidsdktools and use apktool 1.5.2 as I never generates these errors?

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x060a005e
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlAttr(ResScalarValue.java:44)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResAttrDecoder.decode(ResAttrDecoder.java:40)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.AXmlResourceParser.getAttributeValue(AXmlResourceParser.java:313)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.XmlPullParserDelegate.getAttributeValue(XmlPullParserDelegate.java:69)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.writeStartTag(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:267)
at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.event(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:211)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder$1.event(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:80)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder.decode(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:130)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResStreamDecoderContainer.decode(ResStreamDecoderContainer.java:34)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:107)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:91)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:238)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:114)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)
You haven't installed framework-miui-res. Google and read up on using apktool :)

Yep, I fixed my problem, it was the email app causing major problems everywhere. All my apps kept closing but email didnt work at all. I cleared data on the email app and it deleted all my email accounts but fixed the other issues. I set up the email accounts again and it all worked for an hour or so, then the problem recurred. I have cleared the data again and all working but no email....ill wait for a fix before setting it up again..

Cheers

Well.. i just did a simple test and it seems the issue is on the notiffication. Try to turn off the mail notif. And it will work, no error. But.... you just have to open the mail apps to see if there's new mail. Meh....

Its listed in the launcher widgets but not installed (at least on v4 that was the case). Because this site is aimed at everyone outside of china, so things like supermarket, Chinese input and china only weather are removed. Same with the video app. Flash official or pull the apk out of it if you want the MiuiVideo app (not to be confused with MiuiVideoPlayer, which is what is in all MIUI ROMs and just plays files on the phone itself and has no launcher icon).

So, with Miui video player without icon, will it play any video? Pls confirm. ( any reason, without Icon?)

So, the weather app is only for china? It is not going to work - anyway - right?

Is it really slower? I didnt't install yet because of the missing Multilanguage
It is a bit laggy when opening and closing folders on home screen. Email app it's almost unusable, keeps force closing all the time.
Generally i cannot see any major improvement. And also the notifications area colors are awful! The whole theming and coloring remake reminds me a bit of iphone + htc. Very confused in my opinion! v4 BEST so far.

Install VLC beta 10, far better than that China player you miss :O

So, with Miui video player without icon, will it play any video? Pls confirm. ( any reason, without Icon?)

So, the weather app is only for china? It is not going to work - anyway - right?

I insist: there is an in-built video player app in the ROM. Just push any video file in the internal storage drive, go to Gallery and let it play. It must work. Then, launch your task killer and you also will see the icon of the app among the apps listed there. Only the icon of the app is missing for some strange reason from the desktop.

I insist: there is an in-built video player app in the ROM. Just push any video file in the internal storage drive, go to Gallery and let it play. It must work. Then, launch your task killer and you also will see the icon of the app among the apps listed there. Only the icon of the app is missing for some strange reason from the desktop.

I agree what you say. I see things work but not the Icon. Strange. Thanks.

[quotereally treiliert, post: 156569, member: 77628"]Hi,
I have a rather graphical issue to report: in the notification area, in toggles page, the brightness toggle doesn't fit in one line (the last s of the word brightness takes a second line) which doesn't look nice.
Another one was the weather app like other users report, it crashed once I flashed the new ROM, giving me continuous crash reports, until I uninstalled it.[/quote]
where re u from? Coz in my country I cannot use the apps miui weather at all. The location cannot be detected.

For all those having trouble with the email app its most likely a upgrade issue.

I could only install this new update by doing a full wipe of the phone using cwm recovery.

(Taking the data migration upgrade route ended in fc problems for me as well.)

This means, wipe system, data and cache.

After that I installed it on system1 (I don't think it matters which though) and changed active system to 1.

No force closes, email works flawlessly, everything is golden.

I agree what you say. I see things work but not the Icon. Strange. Thanks.
That's because its a player and a player only. Its not a front end. So the app only does anything if another app requests something to play a video. Same as how you don't have launcher icon for wallpapers, but if an app wants wallpaper, it calls the correct one.

Reactions: Baski
For all those having trouble with the email app its most likely a upgrade issue.

I could only install this new update by doing a full wipe of the phone using cwm recovery.

(Taking the data migration upgrade route ended in fc problems for me as well.)

This means, wipe system, data and cache.

After that I installed it on system1 (I don't think it matters which though) and changed active system to 1.

No force closes, email works flawlessly, everything is golden.

I did the same but after a few reboot, the problem came again.

Xiaomi have already made a lot of changes for us to make porting easier - the framework-specific natives are seperated to new static objects. I already have it booting with sound and wifi working on the Xperia Play (a Snapdragon S2 SoC) and should be releasing an alpha tomorrow :)

Probably will never be perfect though until we get some builds for Nexus devices.

I have no problems with Email with my PL lang with multilang or my pack. I dirty installed v5 without any wipes ...

What I dont like in v5 is this new font without special letters included and ... they changed album thumbnails in Music app!!! Thumbnails from v4 where bigger and arranged in grid layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.