3.3.1 (V5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I don't really use the MIUI Email App because there is a better Email Client, but the MIUI Version works perfectly on Dev 3.3.1. Just try the original Version, you won't have errors.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

[quotereally treiliert, post: 156569, member: 77628"]Hi,
I have a rather graphical issue to report: in the notification area, in toggles page, the brightness toggle doesn't fit in one line (the last s of the word brightness takes a second line) which doesn't look nice.
Another one was the weather app like other users report, it crashed once I flashed the new ROM, giving me continuous crash reports, until I uninstalled it.
where re u from? Coz in my country I cannot use the apps miui weather at all. The location cannot be detected.[/quote]

Sorry, I was working.
So, I'm from Greece, but that's irrelevant in this case, because to me the miui weather app never worked at all. It crashed as soon as I flashed the ROM and I uninstalled it right away. All other weather apps I tried (e.g. UCCW etc.) work like a charm: they locate me automatically and they give me precise weather information. You just have to activate Wifi or Mobile Data and in some cases GPS too.

Yeah got the same issue with email app as well. I tried deleting the app with root explorer and deleting account but problem still there.
I tried wipping everything and again email app gives me fc. Guys please help us solve this problem.

How i do that?! Because when i'm in Updater app and i do long press on menu button i can't get option to select zip.

Thx in advance

Then your not reading. Its the top option.

1) Open Updater.apk
2) Touch menu (the button with 3 horizontal lines)
3) Top option "Select installation pack"
4) Find ZIP.
5) Backup / Don't Backup (Its an option, pick one)
6) Flash
7) Reboot
8) Done

Then your not reading. Its the top option.

1) Open Updater.apk
2) Touch menu (the button with 3 horizontal lines)
3) Top option "Select installation pack"
4) Find ZIP.
5) Backup / Don't Backup (Its an option, pick one)
6) Flash
7) Reboot
8) Done

I'm in 3.3.1 when i do a long press on the Touch Menu (3 lines) nothing happend... Very strange....

I really don't get it how you guys can get such problems in the first place.

Since I got my Mi2 I've always rolled the official Xiaomi devroms, no custom ROM or anything, and it runs fine to this very day.

:)

As for solving this issue I really can't do more than tell you to wipe the plate clean with cwm (mount menu, format both system, data and cache), then install the ROM into a system of your choice and change the active system to that one before rebooting the phone.

Your wipe was most likely incomplete, probably just data.

Reactions: lekzzz

Since I got my Mi2 I've always rolled the official Xiaomi devroms, no custom ROM or anything, and it runs fine to this very day.

As for solving this issue I really can't do more than tell you to wipe the plate clean with cwm (mount menu, format both system, data and cache), then install the ROM into a system of your choice and change the active system to that one before rebooting the phone.

No issue if you format both system and then install a ROM in one system only?

The problem has to do with the emails notifications. I tried all different ways. Wipping everything deleting everything, flashing through update, flashing through cwm, flashing through mi recovery. Same result with all!

Dammit - rebooted the phone, now Email keeps crashing.

Edit: Strange - crasjed 3 times, now its working again...

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 25) ends beyond length 0
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.checkRange(SpannableStringInternal.java:349)
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.setSpan(SpannableStringInternal.java:77)
at android.text.SpannableString.setSpan(SpannableString.java:46)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.getSingleMessageInboxLine(NotificationController.java:584)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.createNewMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:514)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$MessageContentObserver.onChange(NotificationController.java:897)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:369)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:347)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.access$400(NotificationController.java:75)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$1.run(NotificationController.java:272)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:615)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$NotificationThread.run(NotificationController.java:1033)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

How to reproduce that FC..? is it when new notification is received and shown in statusbar..? was that long message..? or long subject of mail..?

I'm really not sure; In my case i flashed, Mail was fine, i rebooted the device (for the first time) and Bam. It crashed 3 or 4 times in a row and has not crashed since (for me :)

Other users are adamant its caused by the notification, I have no such evidence ( does not mean they are wrong)

Sorry its about as specific i can manage to be.

Edit from memory:

I did not change mails (with other client) ((IMAP))from the first crash until it resolved itself.
I know for a fact the only thing i did was open the email client, I`m pretty adamant i never really touched anything else on the phone.

I'm really not sure; In my case i flashed, Mail was fine, i rebooted the device (for the first time) and Bam. It crashed 3 or 4 times in a row and has not crashed since (for me :)

Other users are adamant its caused by the notification, I have no such evidence ( does not mean they are wrong)

Sorry its about as specific i can manage to be.

Edit from memory:

I did not change mails (with other client) ((IMAP))from the first crash until it resolved itself.
I know for a fact the only thing i did was open the email client, I`m pretty adamant i never really touched anything else on the phone.
ok reproduced.. it was when you got notification for more messages at same time.... fixed now by @iBotPeaches .... :)

Reactions: RuneRuler
Hotfix 2 Uploaded
  • Fix Email.apk FC
  • Update Strings for DeskClock, FileExplorer, Framework-miui-res
  • Fixed Carrier name for some carrier
Known Bugs
  • Toggles have huge text.
  • MIUIFont doesn't have full international support

Hotfix 2 Uploaded
  • Fix Email.apk FC
  • Update Strings for DeskClock, FileExplorer, Framework-miui-res
  • Fixed Carrier name for some carrier
Known Bugs

• Toggles have huge text.
  • MIUIFont doesn't have full international support

Question : My provider Tele 2 , still shows up as S Comviq - with all my contacts located in sweden, not in Norway as they should be.

Is there any way i hack this myself, or should i just swap provider ( for instance to Telenor)

I'm by no means in bed with my provider and will gladly swap if this is the most time efficient way to fix my issue...

Question : My provider Tele 2 , still shows up as S Comviq - with all my contacts located in sweden, not in Norway as they should be.

Is there any way i hack this myself, or should i just swap provider ( for instance to Telenor)

I'm by no means in bed with my provider and will gladly swap if this is the most time efficient way to fix my issue...

The wrong carrier name is probably a cosmetic thing, and has nothing to do with the carrier code of your contacts. That would be another Xiaomi bug, or mis-done setting in Contacts.apk

Uhh, I think there's something wrong with the "official" download link. I've redownloaded the zip twice, and everytime I want to install it, I get a message that the verification has failed. I'm now trying the mirror, but I think the official .zip is damaged...

Status
Not open for further replies.