Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i have a really strange problem and it happens everytime a multilanguage pack is involved. It has to be something i'm doing wrong. So what happens is that when i update via updater app to a normal english rom everything is fine and all apps are there. But after updating with this rom (and al languagepacks from other roms as wel) my apps gallery, music and even explorer are gone?

The way i apply a update is:

download rom
Rename it to update.zip and place it in root of sd card
Open updater app and select rom
Apply update and tthen reboot.
After reboot of this rom version i still had the miui v4 looks instead of the wanted v5.
My phone is a xiaomi m1s

I hope u guys can help me out, since nobody ever mentioned this problem i hope you can point me in the right directio or tell me what i'm doing wrongs here.

Greetz bob

Even did a wire brush with the latest development rom form xiaomi for m1s, updating it with the multilanguage rom. Again apps disapear? how come, what am i doing wrong here. I have read all posts about updating, followed every step, still no luck

Please help me out guys

This is the first MIUI version for my MI2 that actually have more than 30% deep sleep, now it is around 70% and batttery is great. Thanks for your work!

Anyone experiencing FC's in Camera app while focusing near shutter button?

Seems it only applies if 8mp and Super Fine is on.

Are themes broken in this version? I can't see/import/download any themes.
In first release it worked.

EDIT: a phone reboot solved it... crazy

Even did a wire brush with the latest development rom form xiaomi for m1s, updating it with the multilanguage rom. Again apps disapear? how come, what am i doing wrong here. I have read all posts about updating, followed every step, still no luck

Please help me out guys

Ok after searching aliitle more, i think i found out what caused my error. in the rom installationpackage there is a folder called data/media/preinstall_apps
this folder contains the apps miuiGallery.apk, miuiMusic.apk, fileExplorer.apk and Userbook.apk. Also there is a string reinstall_apps

These are the exact same apps im missing after the update.

Sorry for being such a pain in the ass about this, but i really don't know why it doesn't install properly when i install the rom

Now its : Virgin
Should be : Orange

French operator :)

Thx in advance

There is so many Virgin's in our database, that I don't know which one to change. Open up MIUIStats. Go to the preview tab, and there will be a device hash. Send me an email of that hash (ibotpeaches (at) gmail (dot) com)

Ok after searching aliitle more, i think i found out what caused my error. in the rom installationpackage there is a folder called data/media/preinstall_apps
this folder contains the apps miuiGallery.apk, miuiMusic.apk, fileExplorer.apk and Userbook.apk. Also there is a string reinstall_apps

These are the exact same apps im missing after the update.

Sorry for being such a pain in the ass about this, but i really don't know why it doesn't install properly when i install the rom

MI ONE doesn't have enough /system apps to hold all of the translated apks, so we had to move some there which get installed to /data on load. Theoretically it should work, but I don't have an MI2 to test.

Really there is some bad attitudes here on the forum at the minute. We're working for free, we fix one thing then people complain about a host of other things. GET A GRIP!

I fully agree with you Mark. There are guys who is comparing all the devices under the sun and they want everything in Mi2!!! Go and take a jump guys. Enjoy what you got. Remember Xiaomi never wanted anything out of china... that means we have entered into their territory!!! As long as phone works as a phone - be happy!!! Don't expect Ford engine in Ferrari!!!

I always wonder why people find that important. :)

Sent from my Xiaomi using Tapatalk

If you wondering why its matter.. usually my network name is only 9 chars. Now its 23 chars. It almost taken up half spaces of the status bar. If there's notification i can only see a 3 dots after the network name. Because no more spaces in the status bar.

But well.. i can deal with it.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Really there is some bad attitudes here on the forum at the minute. We're working for free, we fix one thing then people complain about a host of other things. GET A GRIP!

Amen to this. All of you out there continuously ranting after being helped I offer one suggestion; appreciate what you have and what you're given, and if you can't accept that then learn to handle your own s**t yourselves :)

As for everyone asking about carrier fix there is a simple apk uploaded in one of the threads that can change it for you, v5 compatible as well, just have the patience to search the forums yourselves.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the comments guys : ) we will do everything we can to make the user experience better for our international community. We've already pushed Xiaomi for faster downloads for Themes, ROMS and other resources.

I'm glad to announce we've got faster speeds coming from China to Europe and Rest of world.

Thanks,

Mark

Reactions: ubelai and Baski
Its a 4 second fix. If you answer 2 questions.

What does it say now?
What should it say?

Please could I report another wrong carrier in 3.3.8:

Mine shows as O2-UK.
It should be giffgaff.

My phone is an Mi-One, so I'm running the V4 version of 3.3.8.

It would be better that people reporting wrong carrier names could also provide their gsm carrier codes or at least their countries. Because some carriers operate in other countries like Virgin or Vodafone.

Wysłane z MI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.