Status
Not open for further replies.
found a bug in the contact app...if i touch in the letters on the right don't work

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Hi. After installing this new MIUI on my Note 2, i lost root permissions. how can i fix it without rooting again? Because my phone is an international n7100, and in this rom it says it is a N7100XXALJ2 which is a AT+T model.. can you help me please?

Here is a doozy...I have a GALAXY NOTE 2. I held up installing this MIUI for like 3 months. Hoping that there would be improvements to the whole being able to install apps on the SD card and also the launchers allowing widgets without setting them up as system apps and finally google MAPS having latitude working.NOW, I have another doozy, when I install a launcher, the damn MIUI lanucher does not allow me to setup the other launcher as DEFAULT. When I click on the set the other launcher as DEFAULT it just go to the MIUI launcher homescreen. It kicks me out of the other launcher. I used NOVA BTW. It is AMAZING. I am considering leaving MIUI after this fiasco.....

AHAHAHA I had to risk breaking MAH PHONE and just went to TITANIUM LAUNCHER and UNINSTALLED MIHOME and that fixed the problem cause I only have 1 launcher now.

For the dude above me. Go to the permissions icon in the folder in the mihome and then set root permissions there.

And for you dude: before doing stupid things like removing stock launcher just got to Settings - Display - Default Launcher - choose Nova.

Wysłane z MI 2

Reactions: ingbrzy
Here is a doozy...I have a GALAXY NOTE 2. I held up installing this MIUI for like 3 months. Hoping that there would be improvements to the whole being able to install apps on the SD card and also the launchers allowing widgets without setting them up as system apps and finally google MAPS having latitude working.NOW, I have another doozy, when I install a launcher, the damn MIUI lanucher does not allow me to setup the other launcher as DEFAULT. When I click on the set the other launcher as DEFAULT it just go to the MIUI launcher homescreen. It kicks me out of the other launcher. I used NOVA BTW. It is AMAZING. I am considering leaving MIUI after this fiasco.....

AHAHAHA I had to risk breaking MAH PHONE and just went to TITANIUM LAUNCHER and UNINSTALLED MIHOME and that fixed the problem cause I only have 1 launcher now.

For the dude above me. Go to the permissions icon in the folder in the mihome and then set root permissions there.

I have done all this, but its says no root access..

And for you dude: before doing stupid things like removing stock launcher just got to Settings - Display - Default Launcher - choose Nova.

Wysłane z MI 2
my note 2 facing the same above problem, tried your suggestion but when i chose Nova, nothing happened.

It worked for GO Launcher. Removing MiHome is a bad idea.

And please. Dont use CAPS. It won't make users to hear you better as sound is not comming from this forum.

Reactions: khrizthian
Yea... I thought so. So maybe this will turn off your CAPS ;p
It worked for GO Launcher. Removing MiHome is a bad idea.

And please. Dont use CAPS. It won't make users to hear you better as sound is not comming from this forum.
ONCE U GO CAPS U NEVER GO BACK

Runs fast and smooth on S3, it only lags when folder opening on desktop, and it lags very much if you change launcher transitional effect to "page" for example.

Most issues with the Mi-1S were fixed as far as I could tell. I have not tested the FM radio. I have to plug in and unplug the headphones multiple times for them to be recognized on the phone. If I'm using them and I unplug the headphones, the phone still thinks they are plugged in unless I do this multiple times like stated above. Weird issues and I'm not sure if it is just my phone or a bug. Also, the slide to unlock screen when turning off an alarm sucks. It took about 5 tries sliding it across the screen before the alarm actually turned off. The old screen was much more effective.

I was using 3.3.29 and that was first MIUI V5 release for HTC Evo 3D. In that version, all were working except these Issues.
1. Camera is fine with 2D with full screen, but Hardware button does not work and the language is in Chinese.
2. Facebook does not work and gives error that
Sorry, login Failed to reach Facebook servers. Please check
your network connection or try again later.
(Cannot verify hostname; api.facebook.com
[javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException])
Tried with only 3G or with Wifi. It does not work still.Even if give wrong password, it gives the same message rather than saying password is incorrect.
Edit : Got the fix for this issue. Tried renaming the hosts file in Phone with the help of root explorer under system/etc. After this facebook is working clean. :)
Tried with new version 3.4.5 and the same problem exists.
3. In 3.4.5 Camera Language is fine, but does not give complete screen after taking the snap. Looks like it is not meant for Evo 3D but for different screen size,
4. The other thing what I would like to have is to increase the Inbox check Frequency for more than 1 hour. This is the max time available and setting this consumes more battery. Already the battery charge could retain for less than 8 hours.

5. The last thing is about "Power Button Instantly locks" takes precedence over other timing settings. In actual Sense based phone (ROM), if you had set to "lock the phone after 10 mins of sleep" and press the power button, it locks. But when press it again it simply wakes without asking for the password. But in MIUI ROMs, it will ask for the password. This is very much painful when used with password screen lock.
6. In 3.3.29, swipe to wake / lock feature works beautifully. But in new version 3.4.5, it does not work. Having this feature in new version also would be good in my opinion. May be it is different kernel?

3.4.5 is working good on sgs3, smooth and no major issues. But why miui is still using old base 4.1.1 (used in v4) when there is 4.1.2 is out. And i think official 4.2.1 is on the way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.