[4.4] Google Play Edition [Aries]

Deini can you please tell me how is your battery life with that ROM?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Mm I'm not sure since I'm still using Miui as my daily driver, but from what I've used it, I'd say it has a 1% discharge rate every 2 hours when phone is idle, and I use the phone for 40 min and it lost only 8% (low brightness)
If I have time, I will test it a bit more ;)

Reactions: Medina
Use supersu from chainfire v1.69 and DO NOT DISABLE install-recovery

Sent from my MI 2s using Tapatalk

Going To Update Sources, I'm downloading new ivan's rom now, It will take me about +6 hrs because baidu is Veryyyyy Sloow here. :(

Reactions: MSephiroth
Just installed. My first impression so far is that while it's not quite as smooth as MIUI, everything seems to be working.

I'm using WIUI as my daily driver and have this running on TDB, so will need to test for a few days to see how they compare to each other.

I'm curious to see if auto awesome movies with Google+ works because supposedly only 4.3+ devices are able to have this feature. It's like HTC's Zoe.

Swyped from my Mi2S

After a few hours playing around with it, I'd have to say it's very snappy! Apps, particularly Google apps, like YouTube, Gmail, Google+, Search, etc., load blazing fast! Again, it's not quite as smooth as MIUI and I don't have my 200+ apps restored yet to determine if it's truly faster, but I must say I'm quite impressed so far and could potentially see myself using this as a daily driver.

The only issue I've had so far is GPS. It seems I'm not able to get a fix as Google Maps continually searches for location. I haven't looked around for a fix yet, but I'm not too worried.

Looking forward to trying out the next release!

Swyped from my Mi2S

I am trying to install the build 2.2 version but when I run the .bat file it always says: "error: cannot open 'recovery\two\recovery2.img' "
What should I do?
I have this:
C:\KitKat\install kitkatrom.bat
C:\KitKat\recovery\one\recovery1.img
C:\KitKat\recovery\two\recovery2.img
C:\KitKat\KitKat\GooglePlayEditionAriesKitKat.zip

Is this correct?

Phone is curently flashed with fresh stock android QDT14 from this post: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...i-m2-2s-latest-is-qdt14-with-changelog.18969/

Last edited:
I flashed the new recovery and then the rom (2.2) but can't enable wifi.

Flash stock android QDT14 from this post: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...i-m2-2s-latest-is-qdt14-with-changelog.18969/
And then this

I am trying to install the build 2.2 version but when I run the .bat file it always says: "error: cannot open 'recovery\two\recovery2.img' "
What should I do?
I have this:
C:\KitKat\install kitkatrom.bat
C:\KitKat\recovery\one\recovery1.img
C:\KitKat\recovery\two\recovery2.img
C:\KitKat\KitKat\GooglePlayEditionAriesKitKat.zip

Is this correct?

Phone is curently flashed with fresh stock android QDT14 from this post: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...i-m2-2s-latest-is-qdt14-with-changelog.18969/
Now if you use ariestoolkit to flash ROM (NOT on windows because it brick you device :( ) and recovery (this works well )
You will be able to have tdb+gpe ROM on same device

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Flash stock android QDT14 from this post: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...i-m2-2s-latest-is-qdt14-with-changelog.18969/
And then this

Now if you use ariestoolkit to flash ROM (NOT on windows because it brick you device :( ) and recovery (this works well )

Is it possible to just use the new recovery without the toolkit, and just flash this rom straight over QDT14.
I don't need TDB.

Is it possible to just use the new recovery without the toolkit, and just flash this rom straight over QDT14.
I don't need TDB.
It doesn't matter difference if you want tdb or not, because if you galah recovery from recovery I see that there are a lot of problem, if you use fastboot (as ariestoolkit do) you won't have thwm

So I NEED to use ariestoolkit to flash?
I thought I just need to run the .bat file (from windows explorer).

And you say not to use ariestoolkit on windows? So I need a linux pc or something?

I also do not need TDB.

So I NEED to use ariestoolkit to flash?
I thought I just need to run the .bat file (from windows explorer).

And you say not to use ariestoolkit on windows? So I need a linux pc or something?

I also do not need TDB.
Yes, there is abug that make if u install a ROM it will brick your device as mine (solved using beta unbrick) you can use it, but not for rom. [Windows only, I'll upload patch tonight :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey Linuxx, not really complaining as this is a great rom, but based on my understanding of your description in the OP, this is based off the HTC One Google Play Edition build and should have Beats Audio (also Swype) built-in, but I don't recall seeing either when I flashed both versions 1.4 and 2.2. Am I missing something?

Hey Linuxx, not really complaining as this is a great rom, but based on my understanding of your description in the OP, this is based off the HTC One Google Play Edition build and should have Beats Audio (also Swype) built-in, but I don't recall seeing either when I flashed both versions 1.4 and 2.2. Am I missing something?
This build 2.2 is the first with kitkat, so there are some features missing, for the next I'll fix keyboard, chrome and music FX

This build 2.2 is the first with kitkat, so there are some features missing, for the next I'll fix keyboard, chrome and music FX

Smexcellent! Great job man ;)

Swyped from my Mi2S

So, what about 3.1? I'm still waiting for it. Now I'm using M1chal's CM 11 but I want your GPE, if it will be more optimized than v2.2...

So, what about 3.1? I'm still waiting for it. Now I'm using M1chal's CM 11 but I want your GPE, if it will be more optimized than v2.2...
I'm very busy, i'm working on it, but i don't have a lot of time cuz other project takes me a lot of time....

OK. I'm still looking forward to it and waiting.
//Something new?

Last edited:
Nothing? I'm still waiting. You haven't got enough time, have you?
Or can I make my own one? But I don't know how.