4x Rom For My Mother.... Stable Vs Weekly?

Stable or Weekly?

• Stable

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

ducktor

Members
Jan 30, 2018
Hi guys,

im planning to install the xiaomi.eu rom on my mother's phone (2GB/16G), but i didnt made my choice yet. Which rom is better for her? She want good battery life and good pictures (im planning to enable the camera2 api*), thats all.

*If she will update her phone (OTA) then i need to setup the camera2 api again?

Hi guys,

im planning to install the xiaomi.eu rom on my mother's phone (2GB/16G), but i didnt made my choice yet. Which rom is better for her? She want good battery life and good pictures (im planning to enable the camera2 api*), thats all.

*If she will update her phone (OTA) then i need to setup the camera2 api again?

After an ota, root access and all modifications done via TWRP should be restaured to default/erased
Maybe camera 2 API access will be kept you should try it

Stable should be better for a non-geeky person :) she could run into problems if something buggy is implemented fast.

Even though you never know with Xiaomi they even mess up stable. Hopefully the devs here can see it before it reach stable

I'm having the same dilemma my sis has a Redmi 4 prime (markw) and stable rom has more bugs than weekly in this device lol

Last edited:
I dont see any reason why use anything but original MIUI for mother phone - she will get stable updates. For example atm MIUI users got 9.2.3 week ago, xiaomi.eu dont rush to update stable and 4x still on 9.1
From other side if you going use xiaomi.eu anyway, leave her on 9.1 - stable and fine ROM, while 9.2 got some problems and if original MIUi users will get OTA asap, xiaomi.eu users dont get stable OTA at all.