MULTI 5.11.19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Marko94
Just got it via OTA on my Redmi Note 2 with Mi Recovery (no TWRP or superSu) and so far I'm really happy, can finaly chose vibration intensity and when I cleared all the apps my available Ram surpassed the 1GB mark!

Since last update, apps doesn't ask me for root permissions and doesnt work! I can't give root permissions to them in security app because they doesn't appear in the list (Redmi note 2).
Anyone with the same problem?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

We have to update via updater 2 times?
We have to reboot only in sistem 1?
If we want to have the old unmerged partition back, may we flash an old fastboot img. rom?
May we flash via mipc suite?

1. Yes, in case you want to merge system partitions using updater app install method.
2. Yes, because after merged systems, the system two partition no longer exists
3. Yes, flash earlier fastboot release than 5.11.20 via MiFlash (with flash all script) for unmerged systems
4. Yes MiPcSuite also has fastboot flash option, but I have never tried this way. I keep MiFlash method...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: thaimax
1. Yes, in case you want to merge system partitions using updater app install method.
3. Yes, flash earlier fastboot release than 5.11.20 via MiFlash (with flash all script) for unmerged systems
4. Yes MiPcSuite also has fastboot flash option, but I have never tried this way. I keep MiFlash method...

1. so now if I flash fastboot cn and then update 5.11.19multi only one time still I have unmerged partitions?
3.which fastbboot release for unmerged systems? you mean before 5.4.24? do you have a link?
what about if I want to go back to unmerged systems after your procedure

Well I only did the OTA, what should I be missing that only gets corrected after a second install?

I don't really understand what merging partitions means in practical terms

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

1. so now if I flash fastboot cn and then update 5.11.19multi only one time still I have unmerged partitions?
3.which fastbboot release for unmerged systems? you mean before 5.4.24? do you have a link?
what about if I want to go back to unmerged systems after your procedure

1. for merge systems with MiFlash method use 5.11.20 fatsboot release, and then install 5.11.19 multi via updater app 1x
3. any earlier release than 5.11.20 will be unmerge the systems, but not unmerge data

Last edited:
Reactions: thaimax
1. for merge systems with MiFlash method use 5.11.20 fatsboot release, and the install 5.11.19 multi via updater app 1x
3. any earlier release than 5.11.20 will be unmerge the systems, but not unmerge data
so is impossible to revert to both unmerged systems and data?
and if I update 2x what happen?edit stupid question

Last edited:
Well I only did the OTA, what should I be missing that only gets corrected after a second install?

I don't really understand what merging partitions means in practical terms

Merging partitions Mi2S related only...

Because that had to fight Meizu metal, which in turn was to fight the note 2

nah dont think so, the reason is that the only thing changed in redmi note 3 is battery (4000 mAh) which confirms xiaomi was already aware probably about the low battery quality of note 2. Metal frame and finger print are things i actually dont care much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.