• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
update to TWRP 3.0.2.3
battery more than 50%
successfully updated to Android 7.0
Screenshot_2016-12-09-23-19-52-694_com.android.settings.png

Reactions: Acalanata
I can understand if you brick your phone, you will come here to get help, but I can't understand people who came here angrily demanding things or blaming developers for bricking their devices.... Guys, this is a BETA with all that it entails. If you just flash it without reading any special procedure or feedback from other people, then, it will be your fault, not developers' fault.
Anyway the rest of the community will try to help you (even if you are not polite) so please, be patient and respectful and you will avoid more troubles.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Ok,i've just successfully installed the ROM for my Mi5 3/32 version.here is the step by step i have done :
1. Install the new twrp 302.3 image (im using adb mode)
2.i rebooted the device and enter recovery mode several time until i'm sure that the new twrp has been installed correctly. There was 302.3 written on the recovery mode.
3. And then installing the new ROM.
I did find unknown command (2 red line) but it's ok.ROM still installing.
4. When finished i choose wipe cache and dalvik only.and then reboot system.
5. Devices reboot took a little bit longer than usual.

And my mi5 working as usual.i didn't find any change yet.but at least it's working perfectly
I fallowed your steps and everything is working great.

so according to that video on how to unbrick your mi5, i need to disconnect the battery then touch the two metal things?

flashed on my mi5, everithing ok but i don't see any change
it looks like marshmallow, where are nougat's new features?

Can you give us link to help finding solution?
I cannot post any URL yet, but if you follow the video (which has been posted in this thread several times) you will be able to reflash it again.
Just take into account that, prior to every the steps -barely- described on this video, you have to install QDLoader HS-USB Drivers (google them, they are quite easy to find). Once this driver is installed, you have rebooted your compter, you follow the steps from the video and you plug in it the USB cable agains, the MiFlashTool will be able to access to your phone.
From this point, reinstall TWRP and keep using it :)

[Edit] If you go to Youtube and write down "Unbrick MI5" the very first video is the one I'm referring to, if you can't understand the guy (I have no idea what he was speaking about) just follow the images.

Someone could you please test a potential solution in order to restore bricked Mi5 easily and give feedback here?

In nougat MIUI there is a new option to restore phone. it called forced fastboot that is more easy than modded cable solution, so:

1. Connect bricked Mi5 to PC via normal cable
2. Push power & volume down buttons simultaneously for about 5 minutes
3. Phone should be forced to boot into fastboot mode

Please give feedback

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello, is anybody running this ROM on mi mix (lithium)
Every time I try it I got bootloop.

Xiaomi.me ROM is running fine instead on my device... Any solutions?

Thx

Bricked phone and headache for nothing. Not even split screen. Every year miui gets worse. i think is time to leave mi and miui.. where are all the great developer....

Status
Not open for further replies.