MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussing with Ingbrzy, I've made a tutorial for RedmiNote3G (HMNoteW), which include 2GB Re-Partition & MIUI8 installation.
Here's the procedure......
==========================================================
[Install Re-Partition Script]

01•Install "repart_system_2GB_redminote3G.zip" from TWRP.
02•Reboot to recovery :rolleyes:

do we need to backup data before doing the repartition ? thx a lot to both of you ...

ok my bad ....

[Format/Wipe Partition]
03•TWRP/Wipe/Format_Data, type "yes" to confirm.
04•TWRP/Wipe/Advanced_Wipe : System
05•TWRP/Wipe/Full_Wipe (Data, Cache, Dalvik)
06•Reboot to recovery :rolleyes:

that means I need to backup data before doing the repartition ...

Last edited:
do we need to backup data before doing the repartition ? thx a lot to both of you ...

ok my bad ....

[Format/Wipe Partition]
03•TWRP/Wipe/Format_Data, type "yes" to confirm.
04•TWRP/Wipe/Advanced_Wipe : System
05•TWRP/Wipe/Full_Wipe (Data, Cache, Dalvik)
06•Reboot to recovery :rolleyes:

that means I need to backup data before doing the repartition ...

backup data is best way before doing this kind of repartition work. But too many step is not a friendly tutorial.
I eliminate all the backup/restore step to simplify the procedure....after disscus with ingbrzy.

To prevent all the potential risk in this guide, i test it forth&back from Miui7@1G to Miui8@2G over 10 times... not any problem at all.

I verify other partition data also, especially the NVRAM/boot area, to make sure it works.

PET.XHMN from Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: dorinineu1
Installed the latest in my Mi3. No problems while installing and setting up. Found this to be the best MIUI version after MIUI v5. But still I missed few customization (that could be done via xposed I hope) and for that I reverted back to custom rom. But the battery backup was good and so the UI transition and overall look and feel.

Install SuperSU from 1st post.
Another thing. Popular links are on Chinese in search field (swipe up on home screen. Plus du search needs to be removed in same place).

Regards.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Can anyone share link for fastboot rom update (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.6.16_v8) for MI5

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I downloaded Twrp, but i cant instal it .

909d6bfd377e171514235971b28a61fe.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

The previous camera was better for me... this is a little slow and has bad filters

I have a problem with WhatsApp, notifications are late, i have disabled MIUI Advanced battery saver for WA in Battery settings, without success.
I have also locked app in Task Manager.

What Can i Do?

Reactions: sufianhakim7
The previous camera was better for me... this is a little slow and has bad filters

I have a problem with WhatsApp, notifications are late, i have disabled MIUI Advanced battery saver for WA in Battery settings, without success.
I have also locked app in Task Manager.

What Can i Do?
allow autostart in security app...

Status
Not open for further replies.