MIUI 8.2 6.9.15/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for upload. But on next the version, please adding or fixing Google Now-on-Tap for Mi devices.
Guess he can't do anything about it as the bug or whatever still exists on the global beta and apparently the china beta rom

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Updated.

Google Now On Tap still not working (long press of home button still brings up Google Now, rather than On Tap).

However, bug with the camera being unable to record video if the language is not set to English has been resolved. I can now record video even though my phone is set to Chinese language.
Thanks for verifying man. I feel that if xaiomi had outsourced the miui development to the developers at Xda, we could have seen much more stable releases and bug fixes.

Updated.

Google Now On Tap still not working (long press of home button still brings up Google Now, rather than On Tap).

However, bug with the camera being unable to record video if the language is not set to English has been resolved. I can now record video even though my phone is set to Chinese language.
I managed to active now on tap as it was greyed out before for me. I don't know what did the trick, if enabling all permissions to google app, or checking default assistant app. Anyway, I can't use it, as long pressing opens Google Now.

sent from my Mi5

Any one notice any difference in performance from the 6.9.9 release? If there's no observable difference then I will skip this version, as now on tap is still not functional.

I managed to active now on tap as it was greyed out before for me. I don't know what did the trick, if enabling all permissions to google app, or checking default assistant app. Anyway, I can't use it, as long pressing opens Google Now.

sent from my Mi5
Enabling default assistant enabled now on tap even on 6.9.9 but alas, it doesn't work.

Kenzo after this morning update.
Few calls (altogether around 1hour), general use, check message/feeds.
No time for gaming yet.

4516b969a38ca35d2321b2ca00e55e83.jpg

Anyone having issues with Mipad 2 , Google play service not working (complain somewhere about "unable to start receiver"?

update :
dirty flashed gapps pico and all working without issues , not sure why the play store failed

Last edited:
Before clearing tasks you'll be asked do you wish to delete files also.
If you miss clicked first time or didn't see it, try to clear data from downloads and download manager applications and check if you'll be asked again. This two app you can find in settings, installed apps.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
I tried both checking that option and leaving it unchecked. In both cases, files get deleted from the phone. The only workarounds are either not clearing the download list or moving the files to a different location before clearing the list

Excuse me for the stupid question:
I'm on xiaomi eu 6.8.18 dev (Kenzo)
And i want to know if its safe to Jump to this last weekly (as is it based on MM and i would come from Lollipop ).
My device is officially unlocked.
Do i Need a normal clear dalvik/cache or I Need a more Clean installation?
Thanks for the answers
Try the "normal" update thrugh twrp and if you have bugs, do a clean install. It is however advisable to do a clean install when changing android version

Reactions: Margatto
Read this --> http: // en.miui.com / thread-359784-1-1.html

Copy link and paste it in address bar. Remove spaces.
Thanks for the replies to my question, I will update this week and have no problem with this app. A few friends whom I recommended redmi 3 to won't be on weekly updates, I can't even find the app in titanium to freeze it, any suggestions how to disable it in a phone that's not on eu weekly rom?

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

From last week's update

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-19-15-48-45-246_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-19-15-48-45-246_com.android.settings.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 373
just updated my redmi 3 pro (snap 616, RAM 3GB, ROM 32GB)
Before:
UBL, TWRP 3.0.2 ido, xiaomi.eu v6.9.1, root (super SU2.76)

dirty update:
1. reboot to TWRP
2. backup current ROM (wipe dalvik and cache)
3. Flash rom
4. wipe dalvik and cache
5. reboot to system (aprox. 15 minutes)

all program and data still there
finger print and dual space still working

This roms have Portuguese language also. But if you never flashed unofficial roms, you need to put some efforts and learn to use adb, fastboot and also you'll probably need to unlock bootloader before doing anything or youll brick your phone. Search official xiaomi forum for that.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
ive once flashed a miu4 to partitly portuguese but not all the device was on portyguese.
can you give me the link or the post with the instructions?

Noob question, does stable version includes goodies such as swipe up for global search? Thanks in advance.

Is it on Mi4 c stable 8.0.5.0 removed AnalyticsCore.apk? Where i can see diference from 8.0.4.0 and 8.0.5.0?

mi5 posso aggiornare TWRP all'ultima versione 3.0.2-0?

mi5 I can upgrade to the latest version of TWRP 3.0.2-0?

Anybody facing miui 8 marshmallow kenzo (6.9.15/19)
"Unfortunately, settings has stopped." Please help! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.