Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is miui 8 on redmi 3 pro still lagging on the home launcher when you open a folder in the same page where is placed clock widget?

Anyone know if the fact of having the phone rooted, may shorten battery duration, SOT ?
No. Infact indirectly can positively affect your battery duration or SOT but don't expect miracles, this roms are allready optimized and batteries have own capacity limits. By having root permissions you can have more control over battery life by installing Better battery stats xda edition or payed version of wakelock detector app you can see what eats your battery, where is issue and fix it, also you would have possibilities to uninstall not neded system apps.
About SuperSu (root permission management app) it doesn't have impact on your battery life.

And there is also other dimensions of having root permissions, like, aditional tweaking and optimization in apps and scripts.

Only downside are some paying/banking aplications won't work if you are rooted... And pokemon go (for now) :)

Honestly, i wouldn't use device which can't be rooted.
Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a fine way to flash the recovery, make sure you have the recovery image in your adb folder and fastboot is working. And start the cmd from the adb folder/browse to adb folder in cmd before entering fastboot command.

All procedure followed to the letter. the the image below for the error i get when trying to boot to recovery
cmd.png

No. Infact indirectly can positively affect your battery duration or SOT but don't expect miracles, this roms are allready optimized and batteries have own capacity limits. By having root permissions you can have more control over battery life by installing Better battery stats xda edition or payed version of wakelock detector app you can see what eats your battery, where is issue and fix it, also you would have possibilities to uninstall not neded system apps.
About SuperSu (root permission management app) it doesn't have impact on your battery life.

And there is also other dimensions of having root permissions, like, aditional tweaking and optimization in apps and scripts.

Honestly, i wouldn't use device which can't be rooted.
Amen!

Send from my Redmi Note 3 - kenzo

Still can't understand why ppl wanna use Chinese online file storage, lets forget privacy concerns but syncing files over great chinese firewall... Speed problems, syncing service problem, what every battery loves.
If a person lives in China ok but users outside China have huuge and much better choice...

agree

no i cant boot to recovery
Just to clarify so others can understand your situation.
Can you check again if your device is unlocked, with fastboot conmand?
Check if you have usb debugging and oem unlock enabled in developer options.
Can you boot in current recovery (any recovery installed at moment)?
Is your rom working atm?

Reactions: amadika
My Mi4C battery life so far with 6.9.8 Dev without optimization, mostly on 4G. This is a lot better, thanks dear dev. Keep up the good work ;)

Screenshot_2016-09-14-23-14-15-447_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2016-09-14-23-14-23-475_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2016-09-14-23-14-30-692_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Last edited:
Reactions: turtlix
Hello!
I'm new here, and even Xiaomi phone was not rated yet.
Now comes to me a Redmi Pro. When I see in this rom, comes for the Hungarian language support for this phone.
How can I install it? I think the phone will be
Chinese stable rom.(Everyone was once a rookie;))
Thanks!

Reactions: mr.nice.1983
hey i want to say anything about root use. I use King root because you can disable it for apps that recognize root. King at root, you can set it so that applications do not recognize root o and new update is on my MI 3 OK it works well so far I can see

It's at least three releases that the Rom make busy the CPU 25-30% almost always. With system panel app now it's ok in idle it's 2-4 percent usage with this Rom 6.18 while with the newest is always 28-30% at least... Bah

Can u please put up a more recent way of flashing twrp or link pointing to it. I'm also having same problem flashing twrp recovery on my redmi note3 Hennessy
For windows pc:
Download adb from here: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html (scroll a bit through the text for the adb link)
Extract to desktop
Download twrp from the link on page one of this thread
Rename it to twrp.img
Copy twrp.img to the adb folder on your desktop (same folder where fastboot.exe is located)
On your phone, in developer options enable usb debugging
Put the phone in fastboot mode (volume down + power)
Connect your phone to the pc
In the adb folder hold shift and right click with mouse
Select open command window here
Type: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
When finished, type: fastboot reboot and immediately after hold volume up + power to put the phone in recovery mode
Wait for the mi logo to appear for the second time and release the buttons
Twrp should start
Reboot to system

If the phone reboots to system after the fastboot reboot command, wothout booting to recovery first, twrp will be deleted so you will have to flash twrp again. Be sure that you have unlocked the bootloader before flashing, otherwise you may brick your phone. You should also install mi pc suite before flashing and connect your phone to the pc with mi pc suite running because it will automatically install the drivers you need

Guys,

I have prob with flashing 6.9.9 on RN3 Pro.
After flash It's not boot but reboot in TWRP instead like there is no System.
Any idea?

P.S.
I flashed back to Lollipop with no problem!

For windows pc:
Download adb from here: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html (scroll a bit through the text for the adb link)
Extract to desktop
Download twrp from the link on page one of this thread
Rename it to twrp.img
Copy twrp.img to the adb folder on your desktop (same folder where fastboot.exe is located)
On your phone, in developer options enable usb debugging
Put the phone in fastboot mode (volume down + power)
Connect your phone to the pc
In the adb folder hold shift and right click with mouse
Select open command window here
Type: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
When finished, type: fastboot reboot and immediately after hold volume up + power to put the phone in recovery mode
Wait for the mi logo to appear for the second time and release the buttons
Twrp should start
Reboot to system

If the phone reboots to system after the fastboot reboot command, wothout booting to recovery first, twrp will be deleted so you will have to flash twrp again. Be sure that you have unlocked the bootloader before flashing, otherwise you may brick your phone. You should also install mi pc suite before flashing and connect your phone to the pc with mi pc suite running because it will automatically install the drivers you need

Thanks I've sorted it out. Rom flashed successfully and running smoothly.
Thanks for this wonderful rom

No problem, I am sure someone else will need it :)

@masterross, have you tried to download the rom again? I have had absolutely no problem with flashing it so the only thing I can think of is that something went wrong while downloading

Thank you very much !
Ist normal procedure I think;),but another phone owner Fleshed this rom and was not in the Hungarian language. This could happen?
Thanks!

Thanks I've sorted it out. Rom flashed successfully and running smoothly.
Thanks for this wonderful rom
Just out of curiosity, and possibilities that other could benefit from your experience, what was at end issue with flashing twrp for you?

Thank you very much !
Ist normal procedure I think;),but another phone owner Fleshed this rom and was not in the Hungarian language. This could happen?
Thanks!
Every rom here have multiple languages choices, he either didn't choose Hungarian at beginning of setting rom after flashing or flashed some other rom and not from here. He can changed language on the fly, go to settings and choose Hungarian language.

Status
Not open for further replies.