MIUI 8.3 7.3.16

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you must have a custom recovery. Must you not have root to flash a recovery?
TWRP recovery needed but ROOT is not needed to flash TWRP recovery...

No reason to get ROOTed for flashing TWRP or even flashing our ROMs

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.MTR
But you must have a custom recovery. Must you not have root to flash a recovery?

You can flash TWRP without having Root. But you need Root if you want to flash any recovery using the Flashify App

There is the problem with Cyrillic characters in SMS.
If you send the SMS in Cyrillic characters it will be delivered to recipient as empty message.
With Latin characters no problems.
Is somebody knows how to fix this problem?

If you send the SMS in Cyrillic characters it will be delivered to recipient as empty message.
From messaging app settings tap Use GSM Alphabet.

Disable use GSM alphabet option in Messaging settings

Works very well since this morning under last dev on my mi 5.
GPS too. Around 20 sat and less than 10 meters accurate.
Thanks very much.
Yoh from Tahiti.

Hi, Mi4c here.. is it included AdAway app in rom? btw I use PIN lock (mi band 2) should I disable it? Thx

Once again, no 7.0 update for flagship Mi 5s...
i am completely disappointed

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Dont be, when they update you will note no diference, because miui remain all the same, plus when they do so will be months of bugs for correcting, see the example of mi5 its been updated and many people still have problems they not have in android 6, unless they update the miui nothing change.
Trust me i already have many models from xiaomi, like Mi4 and take long time to remove bugs from new versions.

Back to xiaomi.eu ROM on both Mi 5S and Mi note 2. Volte does not work nor can be enabled but it's the same on original global miui. Global miui is really in slow progress for those phones. Thank you Xiaomi.eu Crow!

Last edited:
I upgraded my Mi5 to the xiaomi.eu version from the official one last month and two days ago to the latest version 8.2.1 following the instruction and everything went well.

After two months trying the ROM, I have seen a bug that it is really annoying. I use a lot the function to reduce the size of the screen swiping from the middle button to one of the beside ones. In the official ROM, the app does not get close while the screen is getting shorter but in this ROM the app gets close and you are taken to the home launcher, with the screen shorter yes.

I do not expect the app to be close. Just to make the screen shorter.

To activate Google assistant you have to set it as default app for "assistance and vocal input".
Go in Settings/App and at the bottom press Default App. The last is "assistance and vocal input". Select App Google as assistance app. Now it should work. At least this is what I did to make it work on my Mi4c.
Many thanks, the way works !!!

I upgraded my Mi5 to the xiaomi.eu version from the official one last month and two days ago to the latest version 8.2.1 following the instruction and everything went well.

After two months trying the ROM, I have seen a bug that it is really annoying. I use a lot the function to reduce the size of the screen swiping from the middle button to one of the beside ones. In the official ROM, the app does not get close while the screen is getting shorter but in this ROM the app gets close and you are taken to the home launcher, with the screen shorter yes.

Disable the pop-up question which ask if you want to switch to one handed mode. When disabled, it won't close the app.

Reactions: leandrofarias

Your are talking about entering one-handed mode closes the currently opened application. It is Mi5 specific bug and also exists in official MIUI builds based on Android 7.0 for sure.

Disable below option as temporary solution against this issue until we get fix officially:

Settings > Additional settings > Buttons > Tap home button to go back to home screen: switch to disable

Effects:

1. Good news: no more closing apps while entering one-handed mode :)

2. Bad news: you have to push home button as physical button to get back to home screen :(

CHANGELOG

App Lock
New - Option for hiding the content of notifications on Lock screen (03-16)

System
Optimization - Stability and system speed optimization

Mi4C/Mi4S/MiNotePRO if you update from earlier than 7.3.9 release, DISABLE Pattern unlock screen before update!

HM3 / HMNote3PRO / HMNote3SE reboot to TWRP via buttons combination for install update

Thanks for the updates !!
What's wrong with mi remote ? It's all messed up

Guys i,m so noot at this, please help. I spent 220 euros on this phone i have apparently a fake ROM which makes my led blink even tho there is no notification and other bugs, im from portugal and i cant chose my location to Portugal, i want the xiaomi.eu version because people say its a lot better but i have no idea how to do it, i have read so many tutorials at this point and i got no where. I spent 4h looking and im stuck with no direction to go. All i want is to get that clean xiaomi.eu version and be happy with my 220 euros phone. Its a redmi note 4 with the helio SOC. I would be forever appreciated if anybody here could point me in the right direction. PLEASE I BEG

i have the MIUI Logbal 8.0 Stable 8-0-5-0-0 (MBFCNDG)

Status
Not open for further replies.