Do you like MIUI 9?

• YES

Votes: 196 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the weekly update rom (7.7.20)
To upgrade to MIUI 9 (7.8.10), what I need to do is follow below steps?

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Right?
Will it overwrite all data? (need backup and restore myself)?

Hi all, I have a problem with CartaSi app (credit card handler app). Even without root a pop up says me that the app cannot work on a phone under root. Is there a possibility that xiaomi.eu ROMs are considered like "root"? Is there any chance to solve this issue?

Reactions: xeGox
Good day! After installing miui 9, I can not adjust the speaker volume. Stands at the middle level without any change from the adjustment buttons! When I'm in a noisy place, I hardly hear the interlocutor! any ideas? The pfone is MI6. Before that I did not have any problems. Thaks for your hard work!

This build is inspired in miui global beta rom?
In that case, why is not inspired in china beta rom like ever?

I think many people include me are not using the leftmost home screen as the default one. What's the point of making such a change in MIUI 9?
It's because on China ROM the leftmost page is for Smart assistant, then comes the default homescreen right next to it.
It's the same logic as in Google now/Pixel launcher...

Reactions: Adeolu
It's because on China ROM the leftmost page is for Smart assistant, then comes the default homescreen right next to it.

I usually put my calendar widget on the leftmost page and then my default home screen and home screens holding other folders, apps on other pages on the right. In fact I've been using MIUI before the first Mi phone was released.

Reactions: Superwitschi
Imo the only problem is with MIUI9 lockscreen shortcuts that it is not customizable.

Yeah leftmost page logic intended to work same way as Google pixel launcher and Smart Assistant in China ROM

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: trustkill
Hi

About OTA : does it already work to upgrade from Miui 8 or will it be available from 1st miui 9 rom ?

Thanks for answer & for your job !

Imo the only problem is with MIUI9 lockscreen shortcuts that it is not customizable.

Yeah leftmost page logic intended to work same way as Google pixel launcher and Smart Assistant in China ROM

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
No way to change or remove?

Why don't I have the whole new interface? The settings app didn't change, the music app also.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Reactions: teo_xrn3
fingerprint sensor on flat surfaces don't unlock device while if a take hand-on i can unlock. With previous versions (miui8 7.7.20) was worked

Reactions: xeGox
Can you use an external sound file (the ones I downloaded not chosen from system sounds) for Notification tone for Whatsapp and it ACTUALLY goes off when a new message coming in?

This is a problem since MIUI 8. And MIUI 9 seems failed to fix it..

For the battery performance how does Miui 9 stand against V8.5.4.0 Stable? I'm got a lot better battery performance on V8.5 but maybe this is normal?

First MIUI 9 public release will be released 11th of August..!

FRXVe4T.png

MIUI 9 ROM Public Release Timeline:

1) August 11th, 2017
MIUI 9 Developer ROM for Mi 6, Mi 5X, and Redmi Note 4X Qualcomm will be released to the public!

2) August 25th, 2017
MIUI 9 Developer ROM for Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5c, Mi Max 2, Mi Max 32G, Mi Max 64G/128G, Mi 4S, Mi 4c, Mi Note Pro, and Redmi 4X will be released to the public!

3) From late September, 2017
MIUI 9 ROM for all the other Xiaomi / Redmi devices (except EOL) will be successively released to the public!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you very much for your hard work, but brush a ROM in China can not use cdma network, China Telecom users can not call, how to solve, thank you.

Downloaded rom HMNote4X_7.8.10_v9-7.0.zip, but MD5 and SHA1 don't match with the one given on download site.

Attachments

• checksum.txt
    490 bytes · Views: 355
Status
Not open for further replies.