MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 and 3 steps are not really need
100% agree

@graw2

So from miui 8 vers. 6.12.22 (android 5.1), Twrp 2.8...., bootloader UNLOCKED I have to:
- upgrade TWRP to allow Android 7 [mandatory: first step to do]
- then... can I install directly MIUI 9 (over 6.12.22) [with some full wipes, obvious] ??

I don't know if it's a bug or it's wanted, but randomly I lose developer options and I have to re-enable it. Also, inside developer options, OEM unlock disables itself...
If you run Security /Optimization Dev.options is detected as a risk so it's closed.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Adeolu
Thanks. But it would be good to know what are the problems with the new api and the camera. Maybe it's really better not to enable it in the current state of development of this rom.

i have a problem.. there isn't "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled" in my build.prop !!! miui9, note4snap
why ??

100% agree

@graw2

So from miui 8 vers. 6.12.22 (android 5.1), Twrp 2.8...., bootloader UNLOCKED I have to:
- upgrade TWRP to allow Android 7 [mandatory: first step to do]
- then... can I install directly MIUI 9 (over 6.12.22) [with some full wipes, obvious] ??

Here are the proper steps for you (change from 5.1 to 7.0 based MIUI on Mi4c):

1. Unlock bootloader with Mi Unlock tool first
2. Install latest MIUI9 china developer fatsboot ROM via fastboot mode using latest MiFlash tool with clan all flashing option
3. Unlock bootloader again in the case if bootloader relocked
4. Install latest official TWRP recovery for your device via fastboot mode using ADB with below command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

...and then boot to TWRP recovery with below command:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

5. Format Data in TWRP recovery and then reboot to recovery
6. Copy latest MIUI9 xiaomi.eu rom.zip to internal storage and install it
7. Reboot to system

Last edited:
Redmi 4X:
Auto brightness seems buggy, it either gets too dark or too bright. When I'm adjusting the bar, up to 1/2 of its length, brightness doesn't change at all. Was OK on Global Beta. Polish version here.

Also, are desktop widgets (shortcuts) for settings (e.g. battery stats) gone forever?

i have a problem.. there isn't "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled" in my build.prop !!! miui9, note4snap
why ??

Clearly stated before that Camera 2 API not supported anymore due to camera focus issues with 3rd party apps.

[Fix - Music applications stop playing in lock screen after 10-15 minutes. (08-15)]
My Spotify App sometimes stop playing druing lock screen, and it always stop playing when my battery below 40% -mi5

@ingbrzy @PeTiT @graw2
There is a problem with direct installation on MI4C from version 6.12.22 to 7.8.17. You need to do a firmware update to 7.2.9 and then the system gets loaded. The same thing happens when you go from 6.12.22 to 7.7.20 and earlier, it looks like it must be installed first 7.2.9.

If anyone has a problem here is N firmware 7.2.9 to install in twrp libra-aqua_firmware_7.2.9.zip
This is a universal twrp for MI4C, works on both lollipop and nougat bootloader TWRP 3.1.1 for libra/aqua

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729 and PeTiT
mount: can't read 'system/etc/fstab': No such file or directory
this error is present when I am trying to install rom

Here is the catlog of Google app crashing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-22-12-01-25-785_com.nolanlawson.logcat.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-22-12-01-25-785_com.nolanlawson.logcat.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 426
@ingbrzy @PeTiT @graw2
There is a problem with direct installation on MI4C from version 6.12.22 to 7.8.17. You need to do a firmware update to 7.2.9 and then the system gets loaded. The same thing happens when you go from 6.12.22 to 7.7.20 and earlier, it looks like it must be installed first 7.2.9.

If anyone has a problem here is N firmware 7.2.9 to install in twrp libra-aqua_firmware_7.2.9.zip
This is a universal twrp for MI4C, works on both lollipop and nougat bootloader TWRP 3.1.1 for libra/aqua

good to know...
I will follow the guide written by @graw2 here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-8-17.41122/page-31#post-381437

@ingbrzy @PeTiT @graw2

That is why I made this description: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-8-17.41122/page-31#post-381437

Reactions: PeTiT
some 3rd party apps had issue with autofocus..
I have to add another bug with camera2 api enabled. The miui camera flips the frontcamera upside down. If i disable the camera2 api again everything is fine again. So yeah ... camera2 api should not be used at this time of development.

Hello, i have some questions about updating mi4c. I have locked bootloader after updating to android 7 with Team Win Recovery Project 3.0.3-0, MIUI 8.6 by xiaomi.eu 7.6.29 weekly. Can i install new miui 9 7.8.17 like previous weekly updates or i need to unlock bootloader at first?

1. Unlock
2. Flash fastboot rom miui9 (official chinesse dev rom).
3. Unlock again
4. Flash twrp from .eu web for Android N
5. Flash eu miui9

Good luck! ;)

Is this really needed?
First install official chinese dev rom and then install ROM UE?
I just wipe everything and install EU ROM directly. Is there any issue with this?
I have installed EU ROM in 5 phones by now this way...

Nice ROM, I'm using since launch date, everything worked well for me. The only thing I miss is Google assistant, it works but still doesn't speak. Will be an fix for this know bug?

Device: Mi 6
ROM: MIUI 9 Xiaomi.eu BETA 7.8.17

Reactions: Arnaldo
In MIUI 9 you CANNOT change the "home" "main" screen .
The "home" "main" screen must be the one on the left... for the moment... maybe in the future will be the possibility to change this setting
No you can do it. Just go to configure screen mode like the picture and select some icon then all of your screen will show below then drag your main screen to any side you want.
Screenshot_2017_08_22_21_15_52_145_com_miui_home.png

Reactions: jmrush and Adeolu
I used an old version of TWRP (3.0.2) on my MI5S. And the installation of the rom was clean. Do you advise me to do it again with a current version of TWRP?

Clearly stated before that Camera 2 API not supported anymore due to camera focus issues with 3rd party apps.

are you sure ?
i added persist.camera.HAL3.enabled = 1 in build.props and reboot only (no wipe cache)
and now works *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* too and HDR+ !!
and is very very good !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.