8.8.9 (MIUI10) on locked bootloader Stable Global (MIUI 9.5.13)

nexuality

Members
Aug 9, 2018
So I have flashed my Mi8 with a global rom (9.5.13) and accidentally locked it.
Obviously the global will not boot up with locked bootloader.
I need a china rom thats more recent than the global 9.5.13
Is there one? When will there be one?

Is it possible to flash the Official Miui 10 Dev/Beta rom (8.8.9) to my locked bootloader miui 9.5.13?
if not does maybe the russian rom work? Because it's 9.5.14 and thus more recent.

Is it true that the china rom boots up with locked bootloader?
(Flash will be performed by recovery)

You need to unlock bootloader to be able to use Mi flash tool for fastboot firmwarel. Use Mi unlock tool to unlock bootloader again.

Ty for the help but that was not my question. I cant unlock bootloader. No way.

I can flash without unlock but only the most recent china roms

How would you flash recovery firmware if you can not boot to system nor you can flash TWRP recovery?
How could you unlock bootloader before you flashed global rom?
Yes China global no need unlocked bootloader.
To my knowledge You have 2 possibility.
Unlock bootloader and flash whatever you want
Or enter EDL mode and use Mi flash tool.

Last edited:
I have the opportunity to flash official firmware that is more recent than the current rom to a locked device.
I can't however flash older versions and I can only boot up china rom because of the locked bootloader.
There is no China rom with a newer version than the global tho

Last edited:
Ok never heard of Mi flash pro but good to know:) Russian is 9.5.14 but I guess it's like global that require unlocked bootloader.
PS:
Have you tried to install Chinese
V 9.5.11?

Last edited:
Yea I thought so.
I just hope they release a stable miui 9.5***
or do you think a miui 10 stable will work as well

Hi! Again I was very curious about your case and looks like xiaomi want to prevent flashing global rom in China version phone.
This is something new for me but looks like if you install Mi PC suite V.3 and boot to recovery it will reinstall the global and it will work properly. Maybe :)
http://en.miui.com/thread-3494291-1-1.html

I'll try that now but the last time i checked mi pc suite it didn't recognized my phone
EDIT: The new version works with mi8 but it is the same as Mi Flash Pro.
Same rom does not solve the problem, I need to wait for an china rom newer than 9.5.13 i guess.

Last edited:
I'll try that now but the last time i checked mi pc suite it didn't recognized my phone
EDIT: The new version works with mi8 but it is the same as Mi Flash Pro.
Same rom does not solve the problem, I need to wait for an china rom newer than 9.5.13 i guess.
This the copy of post from the MIUI forum I linked:
"Here is what I've done.

1. I knew what exactly ROM version i had on my device when i locked the bootloader (V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA which is the latest GLOBAL version) but you can check this with the PC Suite if you don't know
2. I went here: http://www.miui.com/thread-13660832-1-1.html and I've downloaded the same exact version (zip file - not fastboot).
3. Downloaded and installed PC Suite Beta 3.0 with the english translation from this tutorial http://en.miui.com/thread-2238273-1-1.html
4. Started my phone in recovery mode (Volume UP + Power -> Pick "Connect with MIAssistant).
5. Plugged my phone into the USB cable connected to my Windows PC.
6. In PC Suite i picked "FLASH" (Regular NOT fast flash)
7. Clicked SELECT ROM and picked the downloaded V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA zip file
8. Phone started to flash
9. Now I have working latest Global version and still locked bootloader.

Hope this will help"
Sorry for being insisted but this guide won't make it wors. If you try.

This the copy of post from the MIUI forum I linked:
"Here is what I've done.

1. I knew what exactly ROM version i had on my device when i locked the bootloader (V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA which is the latest GLOBAL version) but you can check this with the PC Suite if you don't know
2. I went here: http://www.miui.com/thread-13660832-1-1.html and I've downloaded the same exact version (zip file - not fastboot).
3. Downloaded and installed PC Suite Beta 3.0 with the english translation from this tutorial http://en.miui.com/thread-2238273-1-1.html
4. Started my phone in recovery mode (Volume UP + Power -> Pick "Connect with MIAssistant).
5. Plugged my phone into the USB cable connected to my Windows PC.
6. In PC Suite i picked "FLASH" (Regular NOT fast flash)
7. Clicked SELECT ROM and picked the downloaded V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA zip file
8. Phone started to flash
9. Now I have working latest Global version and still locked bootloader.

Hope this will help"
Sorry for being insisted but this guide won't make it wors. If you try.
I tried this. The result is the same as before. I can't boot up the Global :(

I'm sorry to hear that hmm. I like Xioami phones but all these restrictions to switch between firmware makes me really angry and feel with so many people having trouble using their phones. I really hope you will solve your problem with new firmware update. Otherwise there are some guides on MIUI forum to enter EDL mode and ask for authorization to unlock bootloader. Best luck.

Thank you. Probably buying a OnePlus next and abandon xiaomi if their support is that bad
but so are money thrown to the sea, if you've already bought a Xiaomi device, keep it until its "death" (when it will not work completely all)

[QUOTE = "nexuality, post: 436376, member: 202888"] Sì, proverò a sbloccarlo quando uscirà una nuova stalla di porcellana [/ QUOTE]
:):):):)