9.1.24/26

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this get some attention but I only found two things that annoyed me on this release.

One it seems to be a bug on MIUI 10. Not even sure if it's indeed a bug, since I already reported it on Xiaomi Official forum and it seems to be a feature,
but the thing is: once you unlock the screen you lose all notifications in the lockscreen. On MIUI 9 notifications were persistent, until you either remove them from the notification panel or read them.

The other is one that I'm not sure if it's related to the OS, but:
if I'm using Nova Launcher, after a while, I get delays of 5 to 7 seconds when unlocking the screen (black screen and then Nova Launcher loads).
I found a fix, but I'm here to ask if it's possible to check it on the releases.
The fix is that you have to set the System Launcher as default, open the homescreen, go back and select Nova Launcher again.
The System Launcher seems to be hardcoded to the system and another Launcher will have problems with this.

The other is one that I'm not sure if it's related to the OS, but:
if I'm using Nova Launcher, after a while, I get delays of 5 to 7 seconds when unlocking the screen (black screen and then Nova Launcher loads).
I found a fix, but I'm here to ask if it's possible to check it on the releases.
The fix is that you have to set the System Launcher as default, open the homescreen, go back and select Nova Launcher again.
The System Launcher seems to be hardcoded to the system and another Launcher will have problems with this.

I've never experience this issue and I'm always using Nova Launcher..on 3 devices running xiaomi.eu

Reactions: El Porcharo
I've never experience this issue and I'm always using Nova Launcher..on 3 devices running xiaomi.eu

Are you using Magisk, Fingerprint unlock , Second Space or Dual apps?
I have a strongly feeling this is related to second Space, which I use in conjunction to dual apps. Forgot to say that in the original reply.

Yes, Magisk 18.1 on MI 8 and Mi Pad 4, before that Magisk 18.0

Yes fingerprint & pattern and face unlock on MI 8, No screenlock on mi pad 4

no second space and no dual apps

Yes, Magisk 18.1 on MI 8 and Mi Pad 4, before that Magisk 18.0

Yes fingerprint & pattern and face unlock on MI 8, No screenlock on mi pad 4

no second space and no dual apps

I will check some options on second space.
Sounds to me my theory is plausible, maybe it's a problem between the two modes.

EDIT:
Tried to even setup Nova Launcher on the second space, but it still happens.
So I think my theory is not that plausible.
I'm trying to narrow down the problem checking some Random Wallpaper options, which is a feature I'm also using.

Anyway, I would like to hear from someone that also have a Redmi 5 Plus.
This bug happens from start even after a full wipe.
EDIT2: Full wipe -> Start -> Install Nova Launcher and set is as default -> Do a lock/unlock like 10 times. It will probably start to delay after a few tries.

At least, the fact that I can't reproduce the bug for a few hours if i do the fix (select System Launcher, go to homescreen, select Nova launcher)
allow me to say it's something with the launchers.

Last edited:
I have only one problem.when unlocking telegram through the fingerprint reader, this is unlocked but vibrates as if it does not recognize the fingerprint.Mi Mix 2 ,sorry for my bad english

Anyway, I would like to hear from someone that also have a Redmi 5 Plus.
I'm going to update my 2... kind-of-abandoned RM5+ but I'm not sure I have the pro version of Nova....

What exactly are the steps to reproduce? Just unlocking device?
I still should have fingerprint and face unlock set, but no second space or things like that...

ROM download still in progress, I'll wait for your instructions

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -

I'm going to update my 2... kind-of-abandoned RM5+ but I'm not sure I have the pro version of Nova....

What exactly are the steps to reproduce? Just unlocking device?
I still should have fingerprint and face unlock set, but no second space or things like that...

ROM download still in progress, I'll wait for your instructions

I don't think you need the Pro Version.
After verifying this issue the first time I did a full/clean wipe and just installed Nova.
You rarely get it on the first lock/unlock though. Set Nova as default, and lock/unlock multiple times, in sequence.
If you don't notice a delay (black screen or no home apps for a few seconds), try activating the second space
and the random wallpaper option (settings > lock screen).
It is two features I'm using that I think that might affect this.

--

After messing around a bit (tried disabling the random wallpaper option and many more),
I did something extreme.
I used Titanium Backup to convert the System Launcher to an user app and freezed it.
Feels like it worked. I'm on a few hours of testing already and after a few locks and unlocks
I get "Home launcher stopped working" popup -- no delays, just the popup.
It does sound like it's something with the two Launchers ineeed.
Since it's asking for the System Launcher, but I deactivated it. Who knows.. lol

Move Nova to system then

The Xiaomi Default Launcher seems to be hardcoded into the OS. I can't even access the Home Screen option in the settings if the app is freezed.
I will have to find an app that dynamically changes the wallpaper though. The random wallpaper is a nice feature.. lol
and it doesn't work if the Home launcher is freezed (throws an "Home launcher stopped working" error )

Mate... can't get through this... I forgot that I used to have loads of encryption issues on weekly ROMs :( so I did "move" both of them to Stable release

Would have to full wipe everything, not before searching for an alternative recovery (TWRP's still on same version...). Too long for a single test... Not much time for it unfortunately :(

Sad that can't help as I would :(

I have installed the last version of Xiaomi.eu on my mi8 pro, all working fawless but now i don't see the 4g+ of 3 network, but before the installation of xiaomi.eu i was everytime on 4g+.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 UD utilizzando Tapatalk

Would have to full wipe everything, not before searching for an alternative recovery (TWRP's still on same version...). Too long for a single test... Not much time for it unfortunately :(
it turned out that the chinese one had a clean install.. and I had a link saved to orangefox TWRP.

Done the whole update process, installed Nova Launcher Prime... set as default launcher and I've been unlocking over the last 20 minutes... no lags for now: going to test second space and random wallpaper then

[OFF TOPIC]
(just because related thread it's locked)

for all those one whining about EOL given to mido, complaining that last update was not working at all for just turning to black screen... I've just updated my mom's HMNote4x to 9.1.3 (which is the last weekly for Redmi Note 4X) and it was succesfull, as you can see with your own eyes:

photo_2019-02-05_21-49-12.jpg

If you don't notice a delay (black screen or no home apps for a few seconds), try activating the second space
and the random wallpaper option (settings > lock screen).

going to test second space and random wallpaper then

No issues here, been testing lock/unlock over the last 30 minutes with all those features you mentioned.
No lags found at all on unlocking!

No issues here, been testing lock/unlock over the last 30 minutes with all those features you mentioned.
No lags found at all on unlocking!

Oh boy. No idea why this is happening to me then. Lol
At least freezing Xiaomi launcher seems to be a fix. I'm not getting the delay anymore, just a few exception errors here and there.

So much people claiming about that and this, my Redmi Note 5 Pro doesn't even have the dark mode function and i'm not claiming. Xiaomi Europe works to deliver us the best they can, so don't claim so much and wait for future updates. And give thank them for the work they apply to satisfy our needs.

Team Xiaomi Europe, Thank you very much for all your efforts to give us what we want, always better each week. Keep it Up.

Reactions: Alexyazev1990
Mobile Data not working on certain SIM cards, rolling back to 9.1.17 fixed it
Installed on MI 8 Lite

Hi. Question . How to get AOD in redmi note 6 pro? Or is it only on miuipro rom ? Or device specific?
And that edge notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.