A terrible mistake: deleted my ROM on Mi 9T

DarkiMi9T

Members
Aug 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

I got my phone unlocked, SW did a full wipe, then I flashed TWRP which showed weird file names. I looked into the problem and they say it's because the phone is encrypted. Okay, no problem, I deleted the usuals (at least I thought), but before that I copied the latest MIUI.EU Rom to the phone. TWRP warned me that there is no OS detected. Yeah, lets go, I wanted to install something else either way, so I rebooted. Since then I got stuck in Fastboot. I reflashed TWRP many times in Powershell and CMD, but I cant make the phone to boot TWRP therefore I cannot install any ZIP files.
As far as I know, there is not fastboot version of any installs for Mi 9T (6/128).

FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)

What should I do? I flash custom ROMs phones since 8 years, this is my biggest mistake so far. I'm sad and very angry. Please let me know if you have a tip.
Thanks.

Edit1: I found a fastboot ROM on this link, wish me luck: https://miui.blog/redmi-k20/redmi-k20-mi-9t-miui-10-v10-3-6-0-global-stable-rom-fastboot-recovery/ - 45 min of download time is remaining.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I got my phone unlocked, it did a full wipe, then I flashed TWRP which showed weird file names. I looked into it and they say it's because the phone is encrypted. Okay, no problem, I deleted everything again, but before that I copied the latest MIUI.EU Rom to the phone. TWRP warned me that there is no OS detected. Yeah, lets go ahead, I wanted to install something else so I rebooted. Since then I got stuck in Fastboot. I reflashed TWRP many times in Powershell and CMD, but I cant make the phone to boot TWRP therefore I cannot install any ZIP files.
As far as I know, there is not fastboot version of any installs for Mi 9T (6/128).

FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)

What should I do? I ROM phones since 8 years, this is my biggest mistake so far. I'm sad and very angry. Please let me know if you have a tip.
Thanks.
What you should do is what you should have done!....Have a search with " Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error" at Google.
simple synthesized result give:
- Flash a fastboot official rom with FASTBOOT MIFLASH tool.
happy?

I'd like to emphasis that I did not know where fastboot roms can be found. I spent every second in the last 35 mins looking for information and then I found MiFirm.net with the wished ROMs. And another 30 minutes before I wrote this post. :)

I'd like to emphasis that I did not know where fastboot roms can be found. I spent every second in the last 35 mins looking for information and then I found MiFirm.net with the wished ROMs. And another 30 minutes before I wrote this post. :)
I understand! now you are saved.

Last edited:
SOLUTION is on this page! All kudos to Sander97.

Download a ROM from MiFirm.net, a MiFlash Tool (e.g. 2018.5.28.0) and follow his directions!
Thanks for your useful feedback. You were stuck because ARB is engaged on this device.
It is good to be noted and mentioned for everybody knowledge! (I gonna receive my phone tomorrow!)

So, key point is to be careful and NEVER flash official rom via TWRP.
Ps: can you check what is your phone getvar value now?