Fake MI2's (Where to buy real ones?)

Hi all, it seems I received a fake M2 from aliexpress: this seller http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/210859077.html (elwin wu). Ordering and shipping by DHL went smooth. As far as I know, there was no possibility to tell it was a fake only after receiving the phone. The phone looks 1:1 like a M2. Incredible copy! However it is a mt6577. Will try to start a dispute with aliexpress, however I don't expect anything. Will order another M2.

Following this discussion, I sent the seller the original question and got the answer:

thanks for your order,and please don't worry about it,because this phone are brought from xiaomi.com ,so it is original.
  • Hello,

I see that you shipped the device. First of all, thank you for the fast shipping.

There are a lot of fake phones that are being sold by sellers in AliExpress, but you had good feedbacks so I believe that your phones are original.
    When the phone will arrive I'll test that the processor is indeed the Snapdragon S4 Pro and if it isn't I'll send it back immediately as it is not the original Xiaomi MI2. You wrote that this is possible within 14 days after acceptance.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-S...ore-3G-Smart-Phone-4-3-2560MHz/690466383.html

I'll tell you when I get the phone, but right now I believe that the seller is trustable as I told him that I'll check the phone for the processor as soon as I get it.

So, I will countinue to write here about the process of my fake Mi2. I have send a big text to the seller, and wanted to see his reaction of it, if he knew that's fake or not. And he only replied with: "please send back our phone soon in 2 days .if you don't like our phone .thank"
But to send back the phone cost me around 50$, and I do not want to pay for this, because the seller have tried to cheating me. He should pay for his own mistkaes or not?

Please help about experience with aliexpress, can I win in this case, or is always the seller the winner, even he is a cheater?

#edit:
Now he says "the phone not fake ,this is our phone . if you dont like you send back .please send back to us by ems ,and send to us soon .we also have many other clients asked .thanks"

That's ridiculous!

We bought at the same seller, he denied the refund request and said the same to me. If I make it a claim will I get my money back from Aliexpress?

just make a dispute case with aliexpress and just hope it goes true.
Give them as much info as they need and see what happens :)

ibuygou.com should be legit. There are many positive reviews (some of them I know personally). Don't know about the rest though

Reactions: soije
I filed a complaint with aliexpress, but don't expect anything. The seller has not responded on my mail explaining he is selling fake phones. So everyone: be aware of Shenzhen Global Technology Co., Ltd. I have also just ordered a M2 from ibuygou.com. Holding my breath. If this is another fake, I will stop buying goods from China forever.

Ibuygou is really 100% legit and don't sell replica !

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

@Crazydriver64 & Ultrasonic

I have also bought from the same seller, we should not give up! Try everything to get the money back. I HATE this kind of business, to scam on people, to make more money, that's a crime and they have to learn that they can not do with us what they want! I really hate it!

So my next step is to wait for my bill from Mastercard, and then I will do a request of buyer protection, Otherwise I will send back this fake Mi2 in a parcel with bunch of s**t, that they hopefully understand my opinion, these scammer idiots. -.-

I mean how can they write me" If you don't like the phone, than send the phone back" I mean how can I like a knock-off, if I have ordered an Original device? They are really funny.

So lets hold together and try everything to get the money back! You can send to aliexpress this link of this thread and everything, that they see there are more people who got scammed from this seller!

i really feal sorry for all people that get a fake one :(

the real MI2 is really an amazing phone, it must be hard being screwed up for some peace of crap :(

hope you guys can receive your money back !

Thanks for the feedback on ibuygou and fulcrumall guys!

And sorry to the people who've been scammed on Aliexpress :(

I have bought mine alos from Shenzhen Global Technology Co., Ltd. and the person Elwin Wu told me I can sent it back. I do not yet know the procedure for this and do not know yet how to handle it so the shipment costs will be for me and also about the import duties and tax. Normally I pay them of course but not for a fake phone that I did not ordered.

My dispute filed at aliexpress was denied. Elwin Wu, the contact from the seller, has never replied to my emails. In the meantime I ordered and paid another M2 at ibuygou. This has been 3 days, and I still didn't receive an order confirmation. I really do hope ibuygou is legit and a honest seller.

That is indeed very strange that they denied you. What did you tell them and what did they tell you?
I'm also considering ibuygo.

@crazydriver64

Maybe you should send them pictures/video which shows that your phone isn't original like the seller says.
You should also tell them that you have the power to stop many people from buying from their sellers.
What does their "buyer protection" worth if the dispute is worth nothing?
I regret ordering it from AliExpress, this thread really got me worried.

@tzadka what seller did you purchase from? i'm surprised by the denial. like you said what is the buyer protection worth?

@tzadka
Well i hope the best for you. i don't think anyone that has gotten a fake so far has ordered form that seller.