Fake MI2's (Where to buy real ones?)

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
Please be on the lookout for fake MI TWOs. If you are ordering from a 3rd party Google their website and ask us here before buying. Tons of users are beginning to receive fake products and its quite sad.

More details to come.

• Sellers including AliExpress have been found selling fake MI2!
If you want REAL MI2.
  • http://ibuygou.com <- 100% REAL MI2. Great prices. Great service. They are really the only safest option out there. What they lack in a proper website design they will make up in customer service and communication. I trust IBuyGou 100%. Don't be worried if you order and nothing happens. Make sure to have an iBuyGou account so that they can send tracking information. If you are looking for an MI2. This is the place to go.

It is quite sad. It's not all of aliexpress tho only some vendors on it. I got mine from this seller on Ali and it is a 100% original Mi2

Anyone wanting to confirm for sure they got an original should get this app. Going down to View Properties Under device For original Mi2 the board should be MSM8960 product should be aries Screen should have a resolution of 720x1280 anything different then that would be a fake.As these fakes are more convincing then others i had sceen vids of. The system specs in the android system menu can be fooled by changing build.prop

e2a9ade8.jpg

Current prices for Mi2 32GB in reliable shops:

1. ibuygou.com (link)

Price:$455.99
DHL:$22.00
or
EMS:$28.00
TOTAL:$478.00

2. merimobiles.com (link)

Price:$519.99
DHL Express:$23.00
TOTAL:$543.00

Here some movies about how real the fake one looks.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine is from here, i have a fake one.

@tzadka,

Ordering on aliexpress is always a big lottery and from the seller with 5 feedback only - it's .....

That was the first time I ordered a phone from AliExpress.
Ordered a 32gb version of the MI2 from a seller who sold 18 devices, has a rating of 100% and 6 buyers gave him 5 stars with a nice feedback.
How reliable is this site feedbacks system?
I understand that if he got nice feedbacks then he should be reliable.

What do you guys think about this?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-S...ore-3G-Smart-Phone-4-3-2560MHz/690466383.html

The only seller i can personally recommend with 100% sureness is this one. I got my 16gb Mi2 from her no problem at all

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...droid-4-1-Samrt-Phone-4/509100_541374366.html

i'm not looking at the price here. Just the fact that i can guarantee that this seller has original Mi2's. When i was shopping i found alot of stores with cheaper prices but then i found a video on youtube of someone doing an unboxing of the phone they had gotten from the seller i linked. that made up my mind. had been considering this seller already anyways. Sometime it's worth paying a little more to ensure you get what you wanted.

Read the original post please: Sellers including AliExpress have been found selling fake MI2 !
Your Aliexpress seller has sold only 6 phones, the last message is "2012 Oct. lastest arrival." - it's not serious. It's just a good time don't buy Mi2 on aliexpress at all.

meh sure you can go that far. I trust this seller. Purchased other things from them. So I'M not ready to say all of aliexpress is full of fakes but if you guys want 2 go ahead. I think the part in the op about aliexpress is a mistake and generalization. it's not ali's fault it's the 1 or 2 stores/individuals on it that are the problem.

Also they have sold 12 total only 7 left feedback....The fact that they have not updated the product description only shows they are busy or lazy...The thing about purchasing this(no matter where) is all about contacting the seller before you place an order and get a feel for them.

The problem with aliexpress is the same as with ebay its private sellers NOT a company/store that sells its private people normally and that makes the chance of buying fake larger. Both aliexpress, ebay and any other site that operates like this has the potential of selling fake stuff.
The golden rule for many has always been to buy from people that have a lot of sells and a good reputation %.

How trustworthy are sites like ibuygou and fulcrumall though? I know both use Paypal, but I can't find too much feedback from other buyers around the world.

So, I will countinue to write here about the process of my fake Mi2. I have send a big text to the seller, and wanted to see his reaction of it, if he knew that's fake or not. And he only replied with: "please send back our phone soon in 2 days .if you don't like our phone .thank"
But to send back the phone cost me around 50$, and I do not want to pay for this, because the seller have tried to cheating me. He should pay for his own mistkaes or not?

Please help about experience with aliexpress, can I win in this case, or is always the seller the winner, even he is a cheater?

#edit:
Now he says "the phone not fake ,this is our phone . if you dont like you send back .please send back to us by ems ,and send to us soon .we also have many other clients asked .thanks"

That's ridiculous!

Well you can try to send it back and wish for the money back but there is no way of knowing if you get it or not so its sometimes a hard choice. I bought something that was fake for about 150$ but it costs so much to send back and since i dint now if i got my money back i just kept it at least i would have something for money instead of nothing.

More on topic regarding your case.
Yes it is ridiculous and he probably now its fake they are not stupid they can probably see the difference and they now where they buy it from. If they didn't order it from Xiaomi themself and instead a backstreet they know it fake.
So the question is if they will give you back the money or not :cool:

So, I will countinue to write here about the process of my fake Mi2. I have send a big text to the seller, and wanted to see his reaction of it, if he knew that's fake or not. And he only replied with: "please send back our phone soon in 2 days .if you don't like our phone .thank"
But to send back the phone cost me around 50$, and I do not want to pay for this, because the seller have tried to cheating me. He should pay for his own mistkaes or not?

Please help about experience with aliexpress, can I win in this case, or is always the seller the winner, even he is a cheater?

#edit:
Now he says "the phone not fake ,this is our phone . if you dont like you send back .please send back to us by ems ,and send to us soon .we also have many other clients asked .thanks"

That's ridiculous!
Leave all the detail on seller page in feedback. And put a dispute.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2