fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

Skarlet

Members
Nov 22, 2023
So i have a weird issue when trying to update my Xiaomi 12S Pro. In the past I had no issues updating to the newest weekly ROMs using the fastboot method.

The cmd window shows that the device is indeed detected, and it prompts me press any key to continue. However when I press anything, the cmd window simply closes and nothing happens. Ive tried with multiple different ROM versions and using a different pc and the same thing happens. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how do I go about fixing this? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-11-22 220959.png

It looks like you are trying to install a ROM for a different device. Make sure you have the correct ROM for your device.

It looks like you are trying to install a ROM for a different device. Make sure you have the correct ROM for your device.
You're right. I must have picked the wrong device by accident. Thanks for that. With that being said, I've already picked the ROM for my device and now this error appears. I've been letting it run for about half an hour an nothing seems to be happening.

1700690975959.png

just reboot it again to Fastboot... or try different USB port..