Give Xiaomi Mi2 Official MIUI v6 KitKat 4.4.4 Support!

Personally , I don't like mi4 (don't find anything useful or new from my mi2s) or MiBand or the first impressions on v6. Hope Xiaomi will get better or else I will be forced to move on to another Brand.. And I really like MIUI.

EllyG81 using Tapatalk on Xiaomi Mi2S

And a great device does not deserve a better OS official support?
Maybe you have the Money to Buy more than a single device per time but not everyone can afford it.. And you expect OTHER People to stand Back and watch?

Well xiaomi already announced their plans and u will be getting the MIUI 6 and Ivan will give u kk 4.4.4 MIUI 6 on mi2 so what else do u want?

I make you an example, somone find a hole, read your google wallet access and stole from you 100 bucks for services. It's a kernel hole are you sure a java app can prevent it ?

Okkey it's mi3 and mi4 time now but could be next year they don't get android upgrade (they are at least the same device like mi2/s only with little hardware upgrade).

It's a more than year mi2/s customers ask for a base android upgrade.
Thats android my friend. Full of security holes. And u should be carefull to use electronic wallet. People still trust the word safe. I see your point for the base android upgrade for mi2 but they it looks like we won't be getting any from Xiaomi.

Official 4.4 kernel source code. Nothing else. With 2 months with updated sources we'll have better miui, better cm, mokee, miui 6.
People u gotta realized that it won't be any coz xiaomi are not making kk 4.4 on mi2. There will be no kk miui or asop 4.4 on mi2. There better hope for source code of kk 4.4 for mi3 and redmi in the future than mi2. Am i disappointed about no offical kk 4.4 on mi2? YES! Am i happy to have an offical jb 4.1 MIUI 6? YES and thx Xiaomi for doing that instead of stopping us right at V5.

I already purchased a mi3 and will be gettimg the 4g version mi4 when it come out so i will be getting all functions no matter what.
you traitor. That does not have a clue what the android and UNIX systems. You say that they promised to do all the functions in 4.1, but it's impossible. The same as the kernel of windows to take xp and make safety as in Mac. This is nonsense, in which you believe. Now you buy a new device and continue to feed this company, which thinks she navel of the Earth. Good luck , I'll buy a nexus or ONE plus after 1 year. why nexus 4 get all updates? which has long been obsolete receive all updates and receive android l? because the corporation google has brains. Like many other models of Motorola, Huawei, Galaxy note 2, and others.

you traitor. That does not have a clue what the android system and UNIx. You say that they promised to do all the functions in 4.1, but it's impossible. The same as the kernel of windows to take xp and make safety as in Mac. This is nonsense, in which you believe. Now you buy a new device and continue to feed this company, which thinks she navel of the Earth. Good luck , I'll buy a nexus or ONE plus after 1 year.
See! U just don't realized that Xiaomi already gave up on mi2 long time ago and u here still hoping for a mircle to happen. There's old Chinese saying: "time make it inevitable that in every profession, young men replace the old." so each new generation excels the last one. Thats human nature. Maybe for u and lots of other people its hard to bear the fact that mi2 will soon be history...just like the mi1 and hongmi...but this time, just happened too quick.

Blackysan... Just a thing: you're still here dispensing your truth.. We've understood, thanks! Go spend your Money like running water and keep us in our Pit of desperation ;)

Reactions: deini and siropchik
Blackysan... Just a thing: you're still here dispensing your truth.. We've understood, thanks! Go spend your Money like running water and keep us in our Pit of desperation ;)

LOL! Okay okay i'll shut up from now on. Good nite guys.

Reactions: blackcatw81
I'm confused how could it possible that a customer treated in in this way by xiaomi could justify this behavior saying if you want New miui 6 just buy New phone because it's right... Or you work for xiaomi directly?
I mean there's thousand people doesn't want To change this beautiful phone because it's powrful it's perfect size And i don't want and need To spend money and money for technology... I mean if a phone is ok then no reason To change it. We only ask to support a little bit i mean no other manufacture just never upgrade Android And leave flagship with the original one after years...

See! U just don't realized that Xiaomi already gave up on mi2 long time ago and u here still hoping for a mircle to happen. There's old Chinese saying: "time make it inevitable that in every profession, young men replace the old." so each new generation excels the last one. Thats human nature. Maybe for u and lots of other people its hard to bear the fact that mi2 will soon be history...just like the mi1 and hongmi...but this time, just happened too quick.

Even my humble Xperia mini got ICS, even though was heavy for such a low spec phone.It is phenomenal a powerful phone like mi2s didn't even get a serious update, at least 4.3! Yes of course we can live with 4.1 but is that how you treat people that put trust on a company that wasn't so popular and made you the biggest name in China and a big worldwide player?It's very sad especially because This phone made you who you are... One thing i learned is that support is what people appreciate and make them trust you again...you may win in the short term but in the long term you'll loose...

Without Miui v6 + 4.4 it will be hard to use the MiBand or other smartwatches/fitness bands.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

Even my humble Xperia mini got ICS, even though was heavy for such a low spec phone.It is phenomenal a powerful phone like mi2s didn't even get a serious update, at least 4.3! Yes of course we can live with 4.1 but is that how you treat people that put trust on a company that wasn't so popular and made you the biggest name in China and a big worldwide player?It's very sad especially because This phone made you who you are... One thing i learned is that support is what people appreciate and make them trust you again...you may win in the short term but in the long term you'll loose...

Xiaomi is not much different than any other brands. But we have to remember that even google abandoned Galaxy Nexus after 2 years of support. With this i dont wanna say that is ok for me, because is not. I would the 4.4 sources (i dont care about miui v6). But we can't desperate if a 2 years old phone don't get 4.4 kitkat. Even if the hardware is good enough to run android L. Almost all brands don't give updates to a 2 years old phone. For me we have to push xiaomi in another direction. The publication of 4.4 updated source code. With these, Wjack, M1cha, XperianPro etc can make a good kernels\roms.

OK. Im leaving xiaomi as a company. This is dealbreaker. I will never buy from them again. I ve bought the mi2s aáut february. epos I would buy the mi3 if the size was better or even screen body ratio. KitKat is so so old and they r sticking with 4.1? They must be kidding. WE R NOT DEMANDING ANDROID L. WE R DEMANDING ANDROID KITKAT FOR GOD SAKE . Even sgs3mini has kitkat. Wtf ? This is really outrageous.

Reactions: deini and X4nfire