Goodbye friends

anto1900

Members
Mar 18, 2013
Okay, i'm officially leaving this forum for ever, my oneplus one has just arrived and i'm going to sell my sweet mi2. I feel sorry for this, this is a really good community but.. You van just understand when you hold that beast in your hands :D anyway, i want to thank M1cha, linuxx and wajk for thei impressive work and love for this phone, thank you guys, the mi2 just wouldn't have been nothing without you! I can answer at all of your questions about the 1+1, so.. Just ask :D

Okay, i'm officially leaving this forum for ever, my oneplus one has just arrived and i'm going to sell my sweet mi2. I feel sorry for this, this is a really good community but.. You van just understand when you hold that beast in your hands :D anyway, i want to thank M1cha, linuxx and wajk for thei impressive work and love for this phone, thank you guys, the mi2 just wouldn't have been nothing without you! I can answer at all of your questions about the 1+1, so.. Just ask :D
Can you share some invites ;)

Maybe you could have wait for mi4, but hey! Enjoy your one plus

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk
Never xiaomi again. Mi2 was fun, but only because there are some people that develops on it. If a phone doesn't have a community is a dead phone, and xiaomi doesn't give a sh*t about the community

P.S. I currently don't have any invite to share, if i will have them i prefer to share them with devs. Sorry, but i want this phone to last for ever :D

Never xiaomi again. Mi2 was fun, but only because there are some people that develops on it. If a phone doesn't have a community is a dead phone, and xiaomi doesn't give a sh*t about the community

P.S. I currently don't have any invite to share, if i will have them i prefer to share them with devs. Sorry, but i want this phone to last for ever :D
Yeah and I had much luck with mi2. Ivan published audio-HAL and @MarkHUK pushed xiaomi to release both kernel and bootloader sources. And without the big community and supporters like @linuxx I probably would have lost the motivation a long time ago. Also thx to all the donators.

I'll stay with mi2 anyway since it's till good enough and I don't have any contract which forces me to buy a new phone after two years. :)

Yeah and I had much luck with mi2. Ivan published audio-HAL and @MarkHUK pushed xiaomi to release both kernel and bootloader sources. And without the big community and supporters like @linuxx I probably would have lost the motivation a long time ago. Also thx to all the donators.

I'll stay with mi2 anyway since it's till good enough and I don't have any contract which forces me to buy a new phone after two years. :)

Totally agree. I think my next phone will not be a xiaomi one too because "xiaomi made its own name". Luckily I found this great community with great people working for a great device. We was luck cuz we got sources (thanks mark) so this phone could (and will) have its custom stuffs. If xiaomi will change its mind and it will become more dev-friendly (and not just "user-friendly") in future I'll may came back, and I won't be the only one.
Here there are the right people.
This is not a good by,
we've just started :p

The only reason I purchased Mi2S is that it was the only phone I can get my hands on with powerful hardware and a affordable price. Since the launch, the phone is luckily loved by their user and the community, and thanks to the community we got a lot custom roms (have to thank ivan on that, most rom were based on his kernel), and even official CM support recently thanks to active developers as m1cha & linuxx (Thank you guys!).

I would had got a nexus 4 if it was released in my country but it doesn't seem to be possible back then and right now and in the near future... I feel like to try One plus one since it got powerful hardware, official CM, and the right price, but it's just too big for me. Really want a compact phone that fits in my hand perfectly like my Mi2S, I'll wait the world realize the phone's right size isn't that freaking big, meanwhile, I'll stick with my Mi2S as long as possible.

Hope you enjoy your new phone :) If it's not too big for you it's a pretty nice device IMO.

Reactions: anto1900
Guys, about sw support I have to tell you... I came from old Motorola devices and Sony (Defy, RAZR I, xperia sola...), @M1cha should know what having a Defy mean in terms of sw updates. With Xiaomi at least we have constant miui updates and with great community of devs, custom Roms for our devices. A lot of people says "xiaomi doesn't love devs" but we easily forgot that Ivan is a software engineer at xiaomi and he never have been censored for his collaboration with the scene. So, I really don't think things are so awful on this OEM.

Guys, about sw support I have to tell you... I came from old Motorola devices and Sony (Defy, RAZR I, xperia sola...), @M1cha should know what having a Defy mean in terms of sw updates. With Xiaomi at least we have constant miui updates and with great community of devs, custom Roms for our devices. A lot of people says "xiaomi doesn't love devs" but we easily forgot that Ivan is a software engineer at xiaomi and he never have been censored for his collaboration with the scene. So, I really don't think things are so awful on this OEM.

Ivan is one that works for xiaomi. He's not the owner of everything. He's one who likes modding, and he did that with the resources that xiaomi gave him.
You say that the words "xiaomi doesn't love devs" aren't true, but have you ever tried to get something from them?

Same here... got my OnePlus already :)

Reactions: anto1900
My 1+1 is in the mail...
yet my wife and sister in law have the mi2 & mi2s.
beside... who said you have to leave the forum just because you changed your phone? stick around and help the next gen.

The only reason I purchased Mi2S is that it was the only phone I can get my hands on with powerful hardware and a affordable price. Since the launch, the phone is luckily loved by their user and the community, and thanks to the community we got a lot custom roms (have to thank ivan on that, most rom were based on his kernel), and even official CM support recently thanks to active developers as m1cha & linuxx (Thank you guys!).

I would had got a nexus 4 if it was released in my country but it doesn't seem to be possible back then and right now and in the near future... I feel like to try One plus one since it got powerful hardware, official CM, and the right price, but it's just too big for me. Really want a compact phone that fits in my hand perfectly like my Mi2S, I'll wait the world realize the phone's right size isn't that freaking big, meanwhile, I'll stick with my Mi2S as long as possible.

Hope you enjoy your new phone :) If it's not too big for you it's a pretty nice device IMO.
Spot on mate, was a toss up between mi2s and the nexus 4 for me. It was the size of the phone that attracted me to the mi2s, couple that with miui and it was a no brainer. Really gets my back up seeing the nexus 4 on KitKat miui though and I'm starting to regret my decision now. I think the mi2s will have to stay for the time being but xiaomi will be quite far down the list for my next phone.

Spot on mate, was a toss up between mi2s and the nexus 4 for me. It was the size of the phone that attracted me to the mi2s, couple that with miui and it was a no brainer. Really gets my back up seeing the nexus 4 on KitKat miui though and I'm starting to regret my decision now. I think the mi2s will have to stay for the time being but xiaomi will be quite far down the list for my next phone.
Even mi2(s)(a) (will) have official miui based on KitKat :p

Maybe one day. Ha
Lol at you.
miui-v6-21.jpg

Reactions: XperianPro
don't you think?
well.. I guess MIUI V6 is back from the future, since the screenshot version is released on 28th july 2016 :)
those SS are clearly a fake. even jelly bean logo on USB debug is likely inappropriate for a KK device..

where it´s that date? i can´t see it....

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk