HawkanForce

Members
Apr 9, 2016
Hi, I cant get any fix on my location on the Redmi 3, tried everyting with 3 different roms(came with some multilangual china rom "muiu 77.*", flashed to stock china 7.2.7m and now xiaomi EU V7.1.3.0) . I found that you can boot to recovery (vol up + power) and go to "PCBA test" and test the GPS. There I get GPS Failed, do anyone of you know if this means that the hardware for the GPS is broken?
redmi 3 gps.png

(sam no fix despite outside under bare sky for 30 minutes, 0 satellites in use)
IMG_20160408_184911.png

Last edited:
Well I had the same problem. I improved the time to fix the gps signal.

This is my solution after a lot search. First of all you have to root your device and that because you have to replace the gps.conf file in your phone.
This is the way to root it. Use the Miflash programm to do it

Search for prerooted roms like 7.1.3.0 pre rooted rom for xiaomi redmi 3 in xda.developer site

2. Then use the es file explorer apk (play store) go to "ect" file in your phone and delete the "gps.conf" file and replace it that with the file I have attached, you have to extracted first and after you can to used it.

When you replace the gps.conf file restart your phone. And go outside. You will see a lot of improvement.

I think the metalic body doesn't allow to the gps sensor to catch the signal very strong.

I hope I help.

Attachments

• gps.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: HawkanForce
Hi Filip and thanks for your comment, hopefully it will help someone with the same issue :)
I returned the phone and got a refund and bought a redmi 3 pro instead, had no issues with the gps on that one