[ICON]MIUI 11/12 Global Icon Pack Flasher

try eventually mounting the system partition before as writeable and flash after... the files should be there... otherwise i have no idea

nevermind i just flash back the rom. the icon folder is restore with miui.eu icon.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

TWRP 3.3.1.0
Hi, is there a possibility to extract the stock font from the global rom? And use it in xiaomi.eu. I think that both roms use the same font but xiaomi eu font is thinner. I tried to modify text size and font but the result is never as global rom

Hi, is there a possibility to extract the stock font from the global rom? And use it in xiaomi.eu. I think that both roms use the same font but xiaomi eu font is thinner. I tried to modify text size and font but the result is never as global rom
Global font is better, not also thinner. In Eu some text in bold is displayed as regular font

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

TWRP 3.3.1.0
Hi mihalyn90, I have a Mi8 (dipper) too and had the same problem as the other user.
I tried with TWRP file manager and found out where's the issue: the flashable zip copies the miui_mod_icons folder in the /system/media/theme path, but the correct path for dipper is /system/system/media/theme. I renamed the original folder "miui_mod_icons_bck" (for backup purposes) and then manually copied the folder from your zip and everything worked! Hope this helps.

Hi mihalyn90, I have a Mi8 (dipper) too and had the same problem as the other user.
I tried with TWRP file manager and found out where's the issue: the flashable zip copies the miui_mod_icons folder in the /system/media/theme path, but the correct path for dipper is /system/system/media/theme. I renamed the original folder "miui_mod_icons_bck" (for backup purposes) and then manually copied the folder from your zip and everything worked! Hope this helps.
Correct. In my Mi8 correct folder is /system/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons.
Deleting this folder, all icons are like the global estable version.

Last edited:
I'll redo then a flashable zip for MI8... anyway, mine is system_root/system/media/theme... thought the flasher will put directly in system wherever that would be...

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
which twrp did you use? the official one can't copy the folder in system directory

Solved the problem of the boxy icons and the black frame, I went to developer options and changed the shape of icons to default and worked. My guess is that the same will work with erasing miui mod icons folder like we used to do on miui 11

I believe this will be useful for someone with ugly icons in Ultra battery saver mode.

I found out that their icons are stored in the directory: data/data/com.miuisecurityadd/cache/SuperpowerCacheNewDir/

Just delete that folder.
And that is why even if you clear cache and dalvik cache it wont reset and use the new set of icons.

So first flash the new icons from global and then delete this folder then open ultra battery saver mode. No more reformats just to fix the icons of ultrabatterysaver mode.

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
I have a mi10pro and it does not work it does not change the icons of the folder nor do they change the icons even if I cleared cache and Dalvik cache.

MIUI 12 .zip seems to be broken :/
Are you sure your .zip replaces the files and doesn't just overwrite what's there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelayo
i think this project is discontinued. For anyone that what to use the original icon just extract the zip files and copy and replace the miui_mod_icons into system/system/media/theme/

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hello friend, on rn8 everything was done without problems according to the instructions. Many thanks

For the moment I had a stop.
It is really interesting that in some phone it works and on some phones it does not.

And that is still a mystery for me...

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
well i can confirm that it does NOT work on MI 10 Lite 5G... to be honest, it doesn't even want to mount the partition as writeable...

== Global MIUI 11 / 12 icons pack installation ==

IMPORTANT: After installation, do not forget to re-apply your theme to see the changes!

TWRP installation:

- For Global MIUI 11 icons => xiaomi.eu_MIUIv11_icon_pack_v1.2.zip

- For Global MIUI 12 icons => xiaomi.eu_MIUIv12_icon_pack_v1.2.zip

To simply remove all modified icons => TWRP_Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS.zip

=======================

Magisk module installation:

- For Global MIUI 11 icons => MIUI-MIUIv11_icon_pack-Magisk.zip

- For Global MIUI 12 icons => MIUI-MIUIv12_icon_pack-Magisk.zip

To simply remove all modified icons => MIUI-Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS-Magisk.zip

:)

Last edited: