[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

kbrambo

Members
Sep 27, 2022
I see no option to change pattern grid size. This prevents importing backup from other ROM.
4*4 should be added or maybe even more options

Igor Eisberg

Lead Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
I see no option to change pattern grid size. This prevents importing backup from other ROM.
4*4 should be added or maybe even more options
4x4 was never part of our ROM and is not part of any official ROM either. You are not even supposed to restore backups from other ROMs.

Reactions: katerpanne

kbrambo

Members
Sep 27, 2022
If you try to restore with Google one backup, in the settings you get "phone name" setup is in progress.
This restores apps and the settings if the OS level is minimal the same or higher.
However this backup is encrypted with the security which is used in the phone. In my case I had lineageOS on the Poco F3 and that rom gives you more pattern options. I understand that it's not default now after searching for a solution for over a day.
Would be nice if there is a option to make it a larger grid when needed. For me there is no other option to restore every so manual now.

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
If you try to restore with Google one backup, in the settings you get "phone name" setup is in progress.
This restores apps and the settings if the OS level is minimal the same or higher.
However this backup is encrypted with the security which is used in the phone. In my case I had lineageOS on the Poco F3 and that rom gives you more pattern options. I understand that it's not default now after searching for a solution for over a day.
Would be nice if there is a option to make it a larger grid when needed. For me there is no other option to restore every so manual now.
wrong forum… ask https://new.c.mi.com/global/

CTNLovesGaming

Members
Oct 1, 2022
My Redmi K50 Gaming, running 13.0.10.0.SLJCNXM Stable (Fastboot ROM), insists that a controller/gamepad is connected, while there isn't one. Some games like Asphalt 8 are simply unplayable because the game controls do not allow switching back to touch mode.
Is there a setting to disable it that I've overlooked, or is this a bug?

Goldsmith

Members
Aug 9, 2022
Mi 10T
Weekly update channel

Huawei health app goes to sleep even though it has "miui battery optimization" set to "don't optimize" and the app is locked in memory and has all permissions granted

Same for whatsapp, no matter what I do... Sometimes I don't receive new messages until I manually open the app

crotach

Members
Aug 4, 2022
I'm having a weird issue, today Google photos started to show blank thumbnails for the photos taken this day. Up to now it worked fine.

WhatsApp shows the photos, gallery works fine, but Google photos hangs. Is there a way to fix this?

I think it's related to the pro mode or portrait mode photo I took today. I was exploring the camera features of 12s ultra today.

crotach

Members
Aug 4, 2022
I'm having a weird issue, today Google photos started to show blank thumbnails for the photos taken this day. Up to now it worked fine.

WhatsApp shows the photos, gallery works fine, but Google photos hangs. Is there a way to fix this?

I think it's related to the pro mode or portrait mode photo I took today. I was exploring the camera features of 12s ultra today.
Same happened to me, Google Photos can't read some of the pictures taken and goes belly-up. I have blank thumbnails and no cloud backup for 3 days now, because I took one photo in night mode. It only works if you don't touch any of the settings.

Last month I took a photo in pro mode to play around with the depth of field, and it did the same. Wouldn't start syncing until I deleted that photo, which is really annoying.

I wonder if there's a way to fix it, but it's not related to the EU ROM.