[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Ok a little status update. I was actually planning a small udpate for this weekend but it turned out that's not enough.
So it will take a little longer but a bigger update. We are currently testing this new release and will see how that goes.

Ok a little status update. I was actually planning a small udpate for this weekend but it turned out that's not enough.
So it will take a little longer but a bigger update. We are currently testing this new release and will see how that goes.
Will it fix piston problem?

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

Reactions: foddidicatina
English please, if you can't talk italian and add translation below using google translate.
This is an intenational forum.

Thanks for your coorperation
sorry but i have asked to an italian member an opinion about the kernel in my language :D

sorry but i have asked to an italian member an opinion about the kernel in my language :D
Ottimo kernel... Ha un ottima gestione della batterie e delle funzioni davvero interessanti.
Purtroppo non l'ho usato a lungo dato il problema con la mappatura dei tasti degli auricolari della xiaomi... Piston.
Prova ad installarlo... O al max aspetta la nuova release.

This is a very good kernel... It's very battery friendly.and it has some interesting features.

I didn't use for a long time for piston problem.
Give it a try... Or wait for next release

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

Reactions: foddidicatina
Is possible to have a batter control of camera framerate with this kernel?
I'm talking about slow motion video..

Inviato dal Mi

My device could not play any videos shared by SAMABA with this kernel. But the MIUI one can.
Wish to fix this. Thx!
(WIUI 14.1.10)

My device could not play any videos shared by SAMABA with this kernel. But the MIUI one can.
Wish to fix this. Thx!
(WIUI 14.1.10)
Interesting. I made my comment on this at MIUI 4.1.10 release thread. I thought the problem was with MIUI file explorer.
I will test this again by reverting the kernel.
BTW, playing video on samba via ES Explorer works fine for me (with micore kernel).

Wish to fix this. Thx!
(WIUI 14.1.10)
Why not try mount shared folder with cifs filesystem,micore is already supported it.

Thank you. Pendrive is working for me. Must be a mistake on my side, don't know why it doesn't work for me when I tested it along with usb dac.

Can anyone who has a usb dac confirm if it is working with MIUI or with this kernel especially? Usb dac doesn't work on stock MIUI.

Interesting. I made my comment on this at MIUI 4.1.10 release thread. I thought the problem was with MIUI file explorer.
I will test this again by reverting the kernel.
BTW, playing video on samba via ES Explorer works fine for me (with micore kernel).
Thanks! For now i'm still using MIUI core. I will try ES later.
Why not try mount shared folder with cifs filesystem,micore is already supported it.
I just plugged the usb-hdd in the router. And the router makes it shared by SAMABA. I am not good at setting filesystem. I'm using then feedbacking. Hope you can follow my bad word..

Never heard of this bug
Very strange. This bug in official bug thread. The problem is that mi2s with 13MP camera have a very crappy video recording with low fps. As I understand Mi2 is 8MP, Mi2s is 13MP but have 8MP driver which is not compatible with 13MP sensor. Look - http://en.miui.com/thread-7891-1-1.html. And another related thread - http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/camera-framerate.21967/
  • Camera Recording low framerate (22.5) instead of (30.0) (Link)

Hello *all,

since a few weeks i have a problem with massive battery drain on my xiaomi mi2. i've tested a lot of rom's (miui,wiui, cm 4.2 - 4.4, mokee and so on) nothing helps.
now i read something about your kernel with replacing the mpdecision with intelli_plug - great hope for more than one day without charging! i installed the latest wiui in system 2 (tdb enabled), your kernel, patch after wipe data/cache/dalvik. then also installed trikstermod (for force eco_mode) and catlog for log-viewing (commend out rm /dev/log/main in init.d-script from waik).

My battery life is still terrible, max 8 hours with 12 min screen on, no calls, no playing -> i almost leave my phone untouched...

in logcat i a permanent error
Aries PowerHAL Error opening /sys/devices/sytem/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq Permission denied

Can this be my problem?

thx

Update: "Error Aries PowerHAL" was fixed by editing Permission in 06_Soc2-Script in init.d! Should i delete all init.d-script from WIUI by usage of your kernel?

Last edited: