Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

No reboots since last update (6.9.15 xiaomi.eu) with @jcrey tweak (remove mpdecision and replace thermal-engine.conf)

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey
No reboots since last update (6.9.15 xiaomi.eu) with @jcrey tweak (remove mpdecision and replace thermal-engine.conf)

What is your top 'on' duration time with that in place?

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

What is your top 'on' duration time with that in place?

About 750 - 800 hr. I use my phone a lot (i'm insurance agent) so I manually reboot it (or turn off) occasionally.

Testing 6.11.3 with tweaks as cores bug is still there.

Cool I'm glad it's working! For me it was also working until battery died because gf forgot to charge it, now reboots again sadly.

ps: Mpdecision on or off?

Running 7.5 .eu stable still.
mpdecision removed and thermal tweak for fully 4 core working bro XD

Now i'm in 8.1.1.0 China stable, no tweak, only do sth if reboot occurs again -_-. This rom is fuaking amazing, lots of change and improvement, love it so much :D.

6.11.3? Is not available, where did you get it from?

From xiaomi official site. Both recovery and fastboot are released for global rom.

Now i'm in 8.1.1.0 China stable, no tweak, only do sth if reboot occurs again -_-. This rom is fuaking amazing, lots of change and improvement, love it so much :D.
Haha why the China ROM? I'm on Global Dev, flashing weeklies :)

I update it weekly but I have no reboots during the week

sometime it takes a bit more to reboot, but your result is already promising.
where did you take multi version from ? (could be a kernel, mpdecision difference in the end).

Oh China stable 8110 is also auto rebooting... applied mpdecision removed + thermal tweak + cne>0 :'<
I noticed your device seems really affected by reboots. Did you recently miflash (with flash-all) a genuine fastboot rom to start clean ?

Been reading all the infos here for quite sometime until i register on forum lol.
My Mi4 is affected too but only reboots around once every 3-5 days. Me and my sister bought 2 phones exactly same specs but hers not having this kind of reboot issue.

Been reading all the infos here for quite sometime until i register on forum lol.
My Mi4 is affected too but only reboots around once every 3-5 days. Me and my sister bought 2 phones exactly same specs but hers not having this kind of reboot issue.
Nice you join, welcome on board. I'd suggest you to try the tweak as in addition your device will recover its 4 cores and will drain less battery ...

One thing i notice, sometimes just simply hangs at black screen, although some parts of the OS keeps on running causes overheating. if someone calls me, they can hear it rings but my phone doesn't lol. rebooting sometimes stuck at logo and overheat like crazy.
my guesses probably lies on clock min frequency while on deep sleep, it went all way down much lower and unable to wake it up.

another possible faulty lies on 1st batch of snapdragon 808 which includes in the earlier batch of mi4 phones. even sony that time quickly fix the issue due to reboot and overheat on the same SD 808 (earlier) chip. it was then fix and qualcomm denied and dismiss the issue.

well, i tested few latest roms + flash, reboot still there.
the mpdecision delete + thermal edit + partial wake lock + twrp + root. seems very effective for now as alternative but my guess this is permanent due to this phone is outdated to be bother to really fix it. the new curve screen is already out for sale.