MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

I searched and read but still cant figure out few things. On first page it says A11 devices must upgrade over twrp.
I got Mi11 Lite 5G with Android 11 and MIUI 12.5STABLE and want to install MIUI13. Can I also do it over fastboot or it must be over TWRP?

I downloaded many TWRP packages and images and I could not install it and many youtube videos are too complicated procedures for twrp i stall. And here there is no link and good manual how to install twrp first time. So I dont want to use twrp.

I have installed via fastboot miui13 on Mi11Ultra with A11 miui12.5 and it worked fine even when first page say it must be done with twrp.

Can someone please clarify my confusion. Thanks
The guide in the first page focus on the Android version you try to install, not the one currently on your phone. Current stable MIUI13 ROMs are all A12.

Last edited:
Selecting ringtones using google sounds crashes the sound app. Sometime there is slight delay in haptic feedback.

Very interesting post bro! I also switched from the China ROM to xiaomi.eu but I did it some months ago. I always thought xiaomi.eu ROM had some bugs compared to stock china one but then I also thought it was me that didn't notice those bugs before. This is weird as they should be the same firmwares with more languages and some improved translations.

Do you agree that stock china ROM is more stable and also way smoother than this one?

To revert back to stock ROM you have to use miflash and flash it via fastboot. Be sure not to check the "Lock bootloader" option not you may run into troubles. You can download the stock ROM from this XDA thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-updates-tracker-mi-11-pro-ultra-star-mars.4263135/

Anyway if i.was you I wouldn't revert to stock ROM since not getting notifications is a totally no go for me. Notifications are what make a smartphone "Smart", otherwise it's just a very good camera that can take photos.

Have a nice day
Yes i feel they both have bugs, but you are right that having notifications is very important and for that reason alone, i decided to stay on the .eu ROM for now.

The camera bug that i am experiencing in the eu ROM can be resolved by using the Pro mode and turning off Image Stabilization - but that then introduces another issue, no stabilization. But i can accept that.

Have a great day

dok47

The information on the first page about the installation method is inaccurate. The installation method depends mainly on the ROM name (not exclusively on the Android version).

If the downloaded ROM has the name fastboot, it is installed in fastboot mode.
If there is no fastboot in the name, it is installed in TWRP.
The ROM version is also indicated in the table on the first page.
OK all clear now thanks for help guys...but I guess I was wrong about one more thing...did I wait 168h to unlock phone for nothing? Is fastboot update working also with locked phone? Is unlocking needed only to install twrp or also generally for installing new rom with twrp recovery or fastboot?

I am so stupid

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot
Yes i feel they both have bugs, but you are right that having notifications is very important and for that reason alone, i decided to stay on the .eu ROM for now.

The camera bug that i am experiencing in the eu ROM can be resolved by using the Pro mode and turning off Image Stabilization - but that then introduces another issue, no stabilization. But i can accept that.

Have a great day
if you turn off eis in pro mode when you switch to video mode it remains disabled?

Hey, hopefully someone can help. I was trying to update to the latest stable miui 13 13.09... And I stupidly was trying to install TWRP because I forgot it's not available for A12. Anyway my mi11 ultra got stuck in fastboot mode so I had to wipe device now I'm back on stable 13.05. and when I try to update via fastboot mode I'm getting this error.
IMG_20220123_120717.jpg

Hey, hopefully someone can help. I was trying to update to the latest stable miui 13 13.09... And I stupidly was trying to install TWRP because I forgot it's not available for A12. Anyway my mi11 ultra got stuck in fastboot mode so I had to wipe device now I'm back on stable 13.05. and when I try to update via fastboot mode I'm getting this error. View attachment 40710
the same thing happens to me whenever I try to flash my poco f3 on windows 10 21H2 via CMD.
I only use Windows PowerShell to flash, then it works.

Im just update to 13.0.5 on my Mi11.
Someone know why the screen drain almost the battery without using it

the same thing happens to me whenever I try to flash my poco f3 on windows 10 21H2 via CMD.
I only use Windows PowerShell to flash, then it works.
For me also works 'normal' CMD but you have to open it as Administrator. And keep in mind that syntactical characters (slashes, space, brackets etc.) are still problematic used in path- and filenames!

I just upgraded my Poco F3/Alioth from MIUI12/A11 to MIUI13/A12 and have to mention:
When I rebooted from adb shell reboot fastboot I was coming up to a strange TWRP-fastboot-UI (never seen before)... There it didn't work to do the upgrade, it seemed okay first but ended in bootloop (logcat looping 5 line errors with something like ......vendor/qcom/proprietary/.... restart in 25ms..... and reboot phone after a while).

Fact is:
You have to power off the device and then boot fastboot by pressing Vol Down + Power. Then finally you get into this funny commy bunny(?)-logo-fastboot-UI and the update works flawlessly!
In between I thought: FCK, all gone - you have to format data and do from scratch, but no! Everything is fine now apart from known problems.

Hey, hopefully someone can help. I was trying to update to the latest stable miui 13 13.09... And I stupidly was trying to install TWRP because I forgot it's not available for A12. Anyway my mi11 ultra got stuck in fastboot mode so I had to wipe device now I'm back on stable 13.05. and when I try to update via fastboot mode I'm getting this error. View attachment 40710
1) What the hell are you doing?
2) Why is there a " (2)" in the ROM's folder name?
3) Why is windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat inside platform-tools-windows? That's not how the ZIP was packed, you moved it yourself.
4) Normally, you're supposed to "cd" to fastboot ROM's folder, then run it as ".\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat", or simply double-click the script...

1) What the hell are you doing?
2) Why is there a " (2)" in the ROM's folder name?
3) Why is windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat inside platform-tools-windows? That's not how the ZIP was packed, you moved it yourself.
4) Normally, you're supposed to "cd" to fastboot ROM's folder, then run it as ".\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat", or simply double-click the script...
Thanks for your time man.

Just one question, the rom for the poco x3 pro will have the miui launcher or the poco launcher as the official have?

Mi 11 Ultra here. Updated to 13.0.9 yesterday and can't access the 'Wallpaper & Personalization' settings. It opens and immediately shuts down every time. Tried rebooting, but no luck, just keeps crashing.

I have a quick question, if we get MI 11 - global rom 13.0.5 released, then will the current MIUI 13.0.5 stable rom will be replaced with the EU ROM Global 13.0.5 ? Currently the stable rom is based on China ROM, so when we get global rom released, will we get another version ? Please advise.
THanks

I have a quick question, if we get MI 11 - global rom 13.0.5 released, then will the current MIUI 13.0.5 stable rom will be replaced with the EU ROM Global 13.0.5 ? Currently the stable rom is based on China ROM, so when we get global rom released, will we get another version ? Please advise.
THanks
No... only Global-exclusive devices get Xiaomi.eu ROMs based on Global ROMs.
If a device gets China ROMs, our ROM for it will always be based on China ROM.