MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

First of all sorry to my poor English,
hello good day to all of you, I just want to ask how I can enable any third party app to increase the volume of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro that I use on miui 14 android 12, because the max volume is very weak when using the earphone for anything online games like pubgmobile, I've tried to delete the misounds and root the phone to install dolby atmos so the max volume is still very weak when wearing a headset or earphone but in videos like youtube or any music it's loud and works but any online games not wokring. and I noticed that the third party app on playstore works even if it's not rooted like volume booster in android 11 miui 12. in the latest global and eu it's really weak volume using earphone for online games. I hope you can help me, thank you very much godbless you all

First of all sorry to my poor English,
hello good day to all of you, I just want to ask how I can enable any third party app to increase the volume of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro that I use on miui 14 android 12, because the max volume is very weak when using the earphone for anything online games like pubgmobile, I've tried to delete the misounds and root the phone to install dolby atmos so the max volume is still very weak when wearing a headset or earphone but in videos like youtube or any music it's loud and works but any online games not wokring. and I noticed that the third party app on playstore works even if it's not rooted like volume booster in android 11 miui 12. in the latest global and eu it's really weak volume using earphone for online games. I hope you can help me, thank you very much godbless you all
Try setting your phone region to Singapur, they dont have volume limit.

Reactions: Cyirus
Okay, here's a quick but probably not easy question:

My phone (Redmi Note 9 Pro EU / Joyeuse / MIUI 14.0.3.0 Xiaomi.EU ROM of course) has LTE+ / LTE CA / 4G+ / Enhanced LTE support (you name it)..
But I really want to disable it..!
Is there any command or prop or set of props or ANY kind of solution to actually turn OFF to chase LTE+ -- with or without root?
It's cool and everything (perhaps faster, depends on the cell tower..) but where I work the towers are crazy and the phone is switching back-and-forth between LTE and LTE+ and the battery percentage is sinking like the Titanic did..
It does not try to make an LTE+ connection when the WLAN is turned on and the phone has a successfully connected WLAN connection to an SSID.
Setting the phone to use LTE-only ("RAT locking") does not disable it. Locking the bands in radio band mode submenu does not disable it either. I did try to set persist.sys.radio.force_lte_ca to false but that doesn' work either so at the moment I'm out of ideas.

I would appreciate any useful command, info, documentation.. anything, really. Thank you!

Reactions: JiaiJ
I have a question about the Cameras.
I used the original Chinese ROM on my Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro before and only 2 of the cameras can actually be used.
The back camera has ID 0 and supports Camera2 API Level_3
and the front camera has ID 1 and supports Camera2 API Level 3

The ultra-wide and telezoom camera can be used by the "stock camera app" but since these are not supported for Camera2 API every single camera app available worldwide can't use them, only stock camera app can.

I want to use Open Camera though - for the Ultra-Wide - but Open Camera like 100.00% of the apps worldwide can't access the ultra wide angle camera.
Now I was hoping the EU Rom would support it, so I installed the EU rom from this page.
But it has the same bug - that 100.00% of the camera apps worldwide can't use the ultra-wide camera, only the ROM camera that's inside the ROM can use it.

Anyone has an idea how I can enable the and use the ultra wide angle camera with other apps?

Do you think on the next release for Xiaomi 13 Ultra, Google Assistant will work even if the screen is off?

Hi there, long time user of xiaomi.eu, thanks for your work.

Just updated my Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra to 14.0.9 from 14.0.6. My banking apps (Santander, Starling) are now not working, and from reading the thread above it's because it fails the Google Play Strong Integrity check. I'm not sure whether it passed in 14.0.6, I was wondering whether a fix for this is likely from xiaomi.eu devs, or whether it's a change from Google's side.

Thanks

Just updated my Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra to 14.0.9 from 14.0.6. My banking apps (Santander, Starling) are now not working, and from reading the thread above it's because it fails the Google Play Strong Integrity check. I'm not sure whether it passed in 14.0.6, I was wondering whether a fix for this is likely from xiaomi.eu devs, or whether it's a change from Google's side.

Thanks
First let's make one thing straight: Not passing Google Play's "Strong Integrity" check is not a bug, it's an intended security measure imposed by Google, so the word "fix" is out of place, because nothing is broken. What you mean to ask is whether we are likely to bypass this perfectly-working security measure, which is currently impossible, because it's a strict hardware check for an unlocked bootloader. Oh, and hacking through security is not our strong suit, nor the direction in which we want to go.

Reactions: Spookie and Unitbob
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess this means that only stock phones with locked bootloaders will pass and work. I totally understand your reasoning, sounds very much out of your control, seems like this will affect the whole community once more banking apps.

The proximity sensor of my wife's Xiaomi 11T Pro (vili) device, often has abnormal operation. Holding it to your ear turns the display on and off while you're talking.
xiaomi.eu V14.0.2 TKDMIXM.
I searched too much, I could not find a solution to this problem.
If anyone has any info, please help.
I guess this is also a Xiaomi error, but if anyone knows a solution, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Turns out for me it wasn't failing integrity. I updated to 14.0.6, and it worked again.

Thanks
It's not always 100% sure that particular banking apps fail due to checking for Strong Integrity or MORE LIKELY due to checking for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER but NOT THROUGH Play Integrity API - they could also fail due to checking for SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT

Indeed, Google itself does not require Strong Integrity for Wallet. It's enough that Play Integrity API passes with Device and Basic Integrity.
And Google does not care about other checks (like TWRP folder, Magisk app but without root, enabled Developer options, etc)

And Google still has their reasons why they allow that way (there could be some older devices with locked BL, never modded, who could fail Strong Integrity tests due to their improper implementation of TEE = Trusted Execution Environment) - TEE is not used only for Strong Integrity but also for (users) fingerprints checking and other sensitive operations

On the other side, Google offers few hundred thousands bucks for bounty to those who could proof that they can spoofed TEE on the Pixels with Titan. Hence don't really expect that TEE will be spoofed (more generallyl, not just on Titan) and therefore that Strong Integrity would be spoofed

But as mentioned above, there are also other methods for direct checking (not through Play Integrity) if BootLoader is unlocked. And that can be spoofed through Magisk and certain modules - but Magisk itself then opens additional loopholes for 'banking' apps to detect 'root' (or, as they generally call 'unsafe environment' or similarly)

---

All in al, always try eg:

- Without Magisk
Moreover, without even Magisk app (some apps check for Magisk app, even when phone is not rooted by Magisk)

- Disable Developer options (some apps simply check for that, not for unlocked BL and not for Strong Integrity)

- Delete TWRP folder if present (again, some apps check [also] for that)

Then, long press to icon's app, go to App info, wipe All Data (not just Cache) for that app and test it again

I'm not saying that it will always work - but there are still apps that fail due to above checks (and maybe other similar but primitive checks), not because they really look for Strong Integrity, or more generally for unlocked Bootloader

---

However, those users who never unlocked their BL, they therefore stayed on the official, stock BL, without TWRP, Magisk, etc.

They would usually not even enable Dev Options, install Magisk app (no use without root), the would not have TWRP folder (they couldn't install TWRP, therefore they didn't create TWRP backup), etc

Hence, there on their phones:

- Strong Integrity passes
- banking apps work

But that does not imply that for the modded phones where the same banking app(s) do not work, they really don't work because they checked for Strong Integrity

Eg, today is sunny and John does not hold his umbrella

But if you see tomorrow John again without his umbrella, don't rely on that to conclude that tomorrow is sunny outside

Or, if you see the rain tomorrow, don't conclude that John would must have his umbrella

---

Unfortunately, there are lot of people who make those improper conclusions and then spread it around through TG channels (the fastest way)

However, one thing is for sure - if you want to be 100% sure to pass all kind of 'banking' apps, then do not mod your phones (do not unlock BL, hence do not install custom ROMs and custom recoveries, etc)

And for sure, it will be even worse. More and more apps will be checking (by various means, not exclusively by looking for Strong Integrity) if phones are modded.
Seems like some developers enjoy in that :)

Last edited:
The proximity sensor of my wife's Xiaomi 11T Pro (vili) device, often has abnormal operation. Holding it to your ear turns the display on and off while you're talking.
xiaomi.eu V14.0.2 TKDMIXM.
It probably works fine after all.
It turns out that when you hold your device to your ear with your shoulder, that's where the problem happens. In my opinion, it is caused by this position.

Turns out for me it wasn't failing integrity. I updated to 14.0.6, and it worked again.
What's the procedure to downgrade? I tried a dirty flash the other day but none of my apps opened and TWRP no longer recognised my decrypt passcode. Did you wipe?

Hi im new here.
I have mi 10(umi) global and I have a couple of questions.
Does this rom allow dual sim?
Can I lock bootloader after installing?.
Will it impact intune company portal or banking apps?

Thanks.

Hi im new here.
I have mi 10(umi) global and I have a couple of questions.
Does this rom allow dual sim?
Can I lock bootloader after installing?.
Will it impact intune company portal or banking apps?

Thanks.
After installing the xiaomi.eu ROM, the bootloader will remain open.
From the Developer options, the bootloader lock will be removed.
( Of course, when you go back to the original ROM, installing fastboot using Miflash, again the bootloader will be closed. )
In the image below, you can see that the xiaomi.eu ROM has a safety net.
Most banking apps work fine.
Make a backup before installing the Rom.
xiaomi.eu, it builds on the official ROM of China. ( no unnecessary Google apps, only when needed)
Google play store certified. ETC...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-04-04-55-48-891_de.guenthers.safetynet.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-04-04-55-48-891_de.guenthers.safetynet.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2023-07-04-04-53-01-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-04-04-53-01-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: katerpanne
What's the procedure to downgrade? I tried a dirty flash the other day but none of my apps opened and TWRP no longer recognised my decrypt passcode. Did you wipe?
I didn't downgrade. I only install stable versions. I upgraded from 14.0.4 to 14.0.6.

I believe a downgrade will require you to do a full format.

After installing the xiaomi.eu ROM, the bootloader will remain open.
From the Developer options, the bootloader lock will be removed.
( Of course, when you go back to the original ROM, installing fastboot using Miflash, again the bootloader will be closed. )
In the image below, you can see that the xiaomi.eu ROM has a safety net.
Most banking apps work fine.
Make a backup before installing the Rom.
xiaomi.eu, it builds on the official ROM of China. ( no unnecessary Google apps, only when needed)
Google play store certified. ETC...
Hi there,
The rom has dual sim.
Company portal works fine
The banking app doesn't work.

Not only F5 ... deadboot happened on Spes 14.0.2 too, yuck don't reboot your fk phone
Just unlock Poco F5 Marble and flashed 14.0.20.0 with twrp ..
There is no such an issue in my case i turned off the phone 5 times to check it , everything seems to work fine ..
In my case also no need to flash modem.img from global rom , phone calls , volte , vowifi and all of my career services work just fine..
Probably your problem is somewhere else , maybe you did some changes or maybe magisk , remember what you did with both of devices that you have the problem..

Hi there,
The rom has dual sim.
Company portal works fine
The banking app doesn't work.
I read many posts on xiaomi.eu.
Banking applications are also constantly being developed, so more advanced applications may be more sensitive.
Since I'm not a developer, I don't want to give silly advice.
As far as I know, there are several ways to avoid your problem.
Instead, ask the xiaomi.eu development team, maybe they can advise you.
@Igor Eisberg

Last edited:
I read many posts on xiaomi.eu.
Banking applications are also constantly being developed, so more advanced applications may be more sensitive.
Since I'm not a developer, I don't want to give silly advice.
As far as I know, there are several ways to avoid your problem.
Instead, ask the xiaomi.eu development team, maybe they can advise you.
@Igor Eisberg
I'm not here to help with overriding security measures of banking apps, sorry.

I'm not here to help with overriding security measures of banking apps, sorry.
I understand your position, your interests.
However, this situation highlights that those who use developer ROMs should have developer Knowledge.
I try to learn so that I can be worthy to take advantage of these benefits.
I start a little late, but I believe it's never too late when something is important. ☮️

Last edited: