Miui 9 Or Android 7 On Mi5s 128gb/4gb With 8.5.3.0 Stable Global

Cadomura

Members
Oct 14, 2017
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum and I'm an total noob in software modding or flashing ( only on Android phones :) ) and I got my Xiaomi Mi5S with 128GB/4GB and I'm on MIUI Global 8.5 | Stable 8.5.3.0

I'd like to know how I can update at least to Android 7 with MIUI 8 or maybe (if it's safe) how to update to MIUI 9?

I'm afraid to brick my phone or doing something wrong.
I have no idea if my phone has it's bootlocker unloaded or anything, since I bought it like that. The fingerprint reader works 60-70% of the time flawless and very fast but sometimes it's awful - feels like a bug.

Another question could be, when will we get Android 8 and how do I get access to the developer settings? :) Can't find the build number.

Best regards and thanks for any kind of help!

Last edited:
Nothing to be afraid. I have the same phone and I got eu rom with android 7 and miui 9. The process it's not very complicated and the chances to brick the phone are almost zero. You can check if the bootloader is unlocked by installing an app from google play store. ( root checker ). I recommend to install the stable eu rom 8.5.4.0. with android 6 and miui 8. Eu rom with android 7 and miui 9 is still in beta release and have some bugs.
To unlock bootloader follow instructions from this link:
http://en.miui.com/unlock/
Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadomura
I don't want to open another thread and I have another question:

I'm looking to replace the backcover of my Mi5S, since it has a lot of scratches from dust under the case. I saw a couple of these on Aliexpress and I'd like to know if anyone has bought a replacement backcover for the Mi5S and if yes was it original?

Much more important question:
1. Where can I find an original one and maybe also with the silicon stripes included in the cover?
2. Where can I find a 0,26mm (so the fingerprint sensor is perfectly reachable) tempered screen protector that won't be too big for the screen so it looks super ugly?
3. Has someone experience with these white border eliminating liquid for tempered screen protectors? I could use that with the "normal" tempered screen protectors I find.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: