MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

Need a lil help

Hey folks, wanted to check out this widget so I've specially changed my rom from CyanogenMod to MIUI just to have a play with it this eve but I am absolutely stuck now, just need some guidance to see if I'm doing something wrong, I downloaded the EU apk and the EU.db and renamed them to weather.apk and miui_city.db before I started and did the below steps .... however the issue I get is, as soon as it connects to my WiFi to download the weather, the widget force closes, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Steps in command prompt:
cd\
cd AndroidSDK\tools\
adb devices
adb remount
adb push weather.apk /system/app/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/*
adb reboot
*once rebooted, try to open the MIUI app and allow to force close*
adb devices
adb remount
adb push miui_city.db /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

I think I'm following the correct steps and until my handset connects to the internet it seems to be working fine, but the second it gets online to refresh the weather I get a force close.

Hope this is enough info to get some help back.

Hi Mark and Co, great work here. Would really appreciate it if you could include my country in your next update.

I have an unusual trouble, on Miui ROM with a Desire. When I try to move the apk to /system/app it appears to work correctly, but the file never appears in the list. No matter how many times I copy it over, it just isn't there. If I sign the file and install that, originally, it went to sd-ext. I thought maybe that's why, so I pm setInstallLocation 1 but its still doing it now. I'll have to try with adb when i have a chance.

Im using root explorer btw. Thanks for all your work, guys!

it slows down my phone to a crawl.
I am gonna wait until they get the kinks out and apply a global search system.

Just thought I'd say it works flawlessly in my phone. Used root explorer to push files and set permissions, rebooted and it works.
Many thanks to Mark for this. I love the widget!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Third post here.. heh.. just wanted to say the app is now working again (randomly?) and has been all day! Great job devs :)

Won't install on my phone

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

step by step using root explorer

move miuiweather.apk to sdcard
open root explorer and navigate to /sdcard
long press on miuiweather.apk and hit COPY
navigate to /system/app
hit menu - PASTE (if it says you can't because its read only, hit the top right button mount r/w, then paste)
longpress on the miuiweather.apk in /system/app
select permissions
make checkboxes look like following: (where x indicates check, 0 indicates unchecked)
Read Write Execute
X ---- X ---- 0
X ---- 0 -----0
X ---- 0 ----0

(all three checkmarks in first column, first checkmark in second column)

same thing with the db file, except instead of /system/app, navigate to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/ to paste it
and permissions should look like this
X ---- X ---- 0
X ---- X -----0
0 ---- 0 ----0

you SHOULDNT "install" anything, just move the files to the proper places with proper permissions, and reboot.

Hello

I am using a HTC Hero from Sprint running android 2.3.3 via aospCMod20113010. I just installed the app via the adb method (note: downloading to the phone and using a package installer does not work. Also pushing the app to data/app does not work) and want to report my results.

Upon opening the app via the app drawer I am presented with a screen asking me for my location. I typed in my location: Fair Oaks and the db contained the entry Fair Oaks (95628). Next the attempts to the weather information. It does so. I am not sure of the actual weather outside but it is reporting data. My first comment is this: it looks as though there is additional weather information that is being covered up by the three day forecast. The following information is displayed: time of day and weather animation, text weather condition, text temperature, new line of txt that says "NA / 42" (I am not sure what this information is could you please explain), text wind speed. It looks like there is something after the wind speed but the 3 day forecast is covering it up.

There are two dots at the top of the app screen indicating a second screen. Swiping my finger to the right reveals another weather screen for Weber City. I have no idea where Weber City is. Is there a way to delete this screen and if so how? Currently Weber City seems to be the city that is displayed when the app opens, how can this be changed? Also being that it seems the app is set up to have multiple weather locations how do you add additional cities? Also being that you had to download a specific file based on the name of your state does that mean you will not be able to display weather in cities outside of that state name range e.g. I live in California so I downloaded the first apk file. But if I wanted to know the weather of a city say in Oregon or Virginia what would happen?

I see no settings for defining the refresh/polling interval to check for weather updates, how is updating handled?

Additional questions:
1. will there be widget animations like there is with HTC's sense weather/clock animations?
2. would it be possible to get an interactive timeline graph of the temperatures like there is when you click the 'i' button in genie widget? For example a graph is displayed of temp over time and when i click somewhere on the graph it would display the temp and time for where i clicked.
3. clicking on the days in the forecast would give you more details about the weather forecast for that day: chance of precipitation, windchill factor, humidity, feels like etc
4. would it be possible to make the app launched when clicking the clock on the 2x4 widget user selectable? I ask because I use smart alarm instead of the default alarm app. I am sure there are other people out there that also use alternative alarm clocks.
5. why does the app have to be installed to system/app? Why doesn't pushing it to data/app work?

Very, very nice Mark and Wow. Thank you very much. Also, I am glad to see that even the little podunk cities are in you database. Very good job indeed!

App working for me,but the app can`t find german locations.
Also missing Celsius temperature.

Have you tried this ?

Several people have this problem, including me. So it's not just you, GingaB :) Seems like the EU apk doesn't work for everyone yet.

This is a reply from MrGarak over at the xda-developers .... it worked for me so it should solve your problems. :D

"Download the APK to HDD.

Download the corresponding miui_city.db from the link below APK.

adb remount

adb push MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk /system/app (replacing EU if you have different area)

Open the app, it will FC.

Reboot

Rename miui_city_entire_eu to miui_city.db (replacing eu if you have different area)

adb remount
adb push miui_city.db /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/"

as someone else noticed before, I saw that some locations have celcius temperatures and metric wind speed (e.g. London) while others still have fahrenheit and mph, although in Europe everyone is using the celcius scale. So it seems to be connected with the location information. but dunno where...

Anyone know how I can install this without adb? Tried using the root explorer method but when I paste in system/apps the app doesnt appear. I have terminal emulator if someone could tell me the commands to use?

Has anybody made a flashable zip by any chance?? Ive tried root explorer and adb pushing both files several times but the app force closed each time. Mark is there any chance a signed zip could be made? Im not familiar with changing apk to zip. Thanx in advance.

Has anybody made a flashable zip by any chance?? Ive tried root explorer and adb pushing both files several times but the app force closed each time. Mark is there any chance a signed zip could be made? Im not familiar with changing apk to zip. Thanx in advance.

1- Flash MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.zip from recovery.
2- reboot, open MIUI weather (it will FC).
3- place the widget on the desktop and tap on the weather section.
4- reboot into recovery and flash MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta-DB.zip
5- reboot, now it should work.

I can't assure you it will work 100% as I had some problems while trying to install. Now it works properly on my phone.
If you have any issues feel free to try different things (wiping cache, clearing data for the app, etc) and see if it works.
Please report if it works.

I can't assure you it will work 100% as I had some problems while trying to install. Now it works properly on my phone.
If you have any issues feel free to try different things (wiping cache, clearing data for the app, etc) and see if it works.

YESSSSSSS! This worked! Thank you! Thank you! I cant thank you enough :D

I try this, it's works, but still missing the french towns, I have a look in all the countries, on my phone missing DE, RU, and FR..... Why?

I'm definitly cursed !
Even this method don't work .... :x

I always get the FC when I try to open the app, and the widget gives me this :

So strange ! No action when I tap the widget ...

Do we need software requirement like language package or something else ?!
I use the MIUI French version 1.3.4