Release MIUI ROM 2.3.23 ROMS [ICS] & [GB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I've been making my way through all pages of this thread, trying to get up to speed and read information already posted.

Second of all, a huge, massive, gigantic thanks to Mark and miuiandroid community for their awesome work. I would like to donate to support this effort, though when I went to the link posted in this thread, I still got an error. I'll figure it out myself, don't worry about it.

Third, I would really, really like it if posts about bugs, issues or problems did not have to feel like "complaining" to you all. I read some posts about being upset, thinking about just walking away from this ROM, etc. To me, this is part of the process. This is how we help. New ROM gets released, there are problems - we give feedback, problems get addressed. It's not criticism. It's the only way I know how, as a non-developer noob, to participate and contribute.

There's a bunch of problems with 2.3.23 - that does not mean I am critical or negative about the bad asses who keep cranking this stuff out every week. It only means I WANT TO HELP!

So, I'm a bit of a noob. Can someone please (re)post for me all the things that are helpful if I wanted to post more like a formal bug report rather than as a bitchy crying end user *wink*

I'm assuming depending on the error: firmware version, ROM version, phone version, install steps (did you superwipe, etc), error log, logcat --- what else????

Thanks for giving me tips on how to help you with really valuable feedback. I'd like it if you saw my posts and thought "that's helpful" rather than "OMG stop complaining!" :)

SGS build was re uploaded not long ago, new MD5 is there, Mish from MIUI Italy has confirmed with me Mms fc is gone and the ROM boots successfully. Sorry for the trouble.

Honor and Sensation users, i've not forgot you, will have new builds out soon as possible (But probably tomorrow now).

It sounds like perhaps going back to .16 and waiting until tomorrow for rebuild of sensation might be a good idea? Would there be any value to continue to provide feedback on the current 2.3.23 sensation build (if I can get it past being hung at the boot animation screen, I see there are some posts about how to do that) or is it better to just wait?

It sounds like perhaps going back to .16 and waiting until tomorrow for rebuild of sensation might be a good idea? Would there be any value to continue to provide feedback on the current 2.3.23 sensation build (if I can get it past being hung at the boot animation screen, I see there are some posts about how to do that) or is it better to just wait?
none at all, please flash back to a previous ROM which works for you. I'm not leaving the 2.3.23 Sensation and Honor undone. Dont worry about it we will fix it up for you guys.

Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: KroonBerg
Much smoother than previous version. A few bugs still there though. (SMS, miui wallpaper appearing briefly on screen unlock even if it's not the wallpaper selected etc etc)

Good work Guys this rocks been looking forward to this wont be flashing till weekend but if it is anything like the test build rom on the nexus then it will be good keep up the hard work and ignore th spammers that want improvements left right and center. As they dont understand it takes time to make stable builds and im saying it for the 2nd time keep up the good work :)

Hi sir,

Im new to My S2. bought it already with MIUI installed.
i would like to ask for advice if i can use this 2.3.23 rom.
i currently have a miui-SP v2.2.3 version, and an android 2.3.7.
is it possible to use this new rom? if it is ok, can you guide me how to do it?

tnx in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

your reply is highly appreciated.

marxman

Great work all. The updater tells me that there is no upgrade available? I'm running 2.3.16(ics) on my sgs2.is there a way to get the updater working?

why havent 2.3.16 and 2.3.23 been for the GNex CDMA version???? i constantly try to flash these on my phone only to find out that they wont due to them being GSM versions.

Sir,

can i use 2.3.23 [ICS] on my SGS2 miui-SP v2.2.3 version, and an android 2.3.7?

ty....

marxman

sorry for the questions, but the problems in sensation latest version are related only for this ROM, or are starting from miui.com release??

Note : Users experiencing problems with Boot loop on Honor, SGS2 or Sensation please edit your 2.3.23 build.prop and add in:

ro.skia.use_data_fonts=1 save the build.prop and push back to /system/ using adb, failing this please wait for rebuilds

Both the releases for the Huawei Honor (first with MD5=5665cd65dfaa2236cc2c5ec889792463 and second with MD5=56de0032581336f00a5c44a7de383ae7) already have set this property to 1 - or does this get reset while or after flashing the zip? For logcats for both versions see my previous post: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-3-23-roms-ics-gb.15847/page-9#post-114378

if someone didn't know, "double sms" problem is related to LPQ firmware. Haven't found a solution yet...

if someone didn't know, "double sms" problem is related to LPQ firmware. Haven't found a solution yet...
Actually it has nothing to do with the LPQ. The Problem is, that lots of ppl are using other Apps for sending SMS (they also figured that out in the thread). I am using the latest ICS leak (so its LPQ) and i have no problem sending SMS.

So maybe there is an extra SMS-APP in MIUI that causes this problem.

BTW: I will move to MIUI, but will wait for the new release.
(Thanks to Mark and staff ;) ).

Im new to all this, will I be able to overclock my phone with this rom soon or do i need to find some other kernel or ?? :)
But thx for the great work so far :D

Would anyone if the issue where received text message only shows the sender's number and not the name (when contact name is stored in the contact list) has been fixed?

Cheers

thanks for the great work Mark!

If anyone has problems with market or language after install, you can try the following(tested on S2); After update(cache and dalvik wipe) you let Android fully load and restore missing apps/data with Titanuim if need be. Reboot to recovery and do a wipe of the dalvik cache -> reboot.

Mark & team, top work on the Nexus S build. Best so far. Whole thing feels slickest, home screen scrolls smoother, much reduced restarting of launcher to hardly at all. Personally speaking I like the new look settings screen.

I hadn't noticed the missing text message compose button until it was mentioned as I usually just press reply. Does the fix apply to the Nexus as well or just the sgs2? Not really a big deal and am quite happy to wait until next release if it will cause more problems by applying the new apk.

Also, I now have a clock app icon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.