Release MIUI ROM 2.5.4 [ICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no more update for GB anymore ??

No, this was asked a few posts back. MIUI will be releasing one final GB release in the future, the date of which is unknown at this time.

Best to go to MIUIv4 ( ICS ) with your device. If your device is not supported, then time to start looking for a replacement.

Will there be an update for Xperia Arc S this week? I run it on my regular Arc and it's great... :)

Will there be an update for Xperia Arc S this week? I run it on my regular Arc and it's great... :)

Watch the sub-forum of your device. Trying out a new build procedure and will need some testing. Or join us in IRC Freenode #miuiandroid

Mark, I know to be OT, but I feel to say a BIG THANKS to you for what have you done for community. You did an outstanding work. Thanks. If in the near future you will give up with this thing, well, I wish you all my best. Take some rest, you deserve it and real life comes first. Thanks thanks again.
And thanks to iBotPeaches and Pele as well for taking over when Mark will leave the scene.
You are a wonderful team and I'm proud to be a MIUI user. :)

Peace,

dafunk

Reactions: stefan47 and Raziel
I'm trying to install siyah 3.2b6 on my sgs2 after installing but it's not working. I've tried two things:

- without wiping
- wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache

Both methods result in freeze at the "MI" logo.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

I don't know, but I tried Siyah-v3.2b1 with last week's ROM and it worked perfectly, haven't tried this week's ROM yet though.

PS: Has anyone figured how to install/move apps to SD card?

Thanks again. I have an SGS2
I followed your instructions to the letter and I still get the same result - stuck at bootscreen. It's very weird. Think i'm gonna have to abandon this.
Massive thanks for you help.
same problem :(

I don't know what that device is, so changes are its not supported officially. Sorry.

Thanks for the quick response iBotPeaches; Just to clarify i am using a T-Mobile Mytouch 4G, here's a preview (if i may) https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mk31cfw2f9q8dz/20120504_231829.png running GB MIUI (obviously :D) ROM, and what i would like to know is; since there are several versions of the ICS ROM, which should i choose for my phone as it is not supported (i am aware of that). I hope being clear enough since i'm not a native English speaker.
Well that said, i say goodbye have a nice day/night and thanks again
PD: Or if anyone is ok with

same problem :(
maybe you guys need to do a full wipe....my siyah b6 works without problems....realy don't know what to say....l believe is better to not flash any kernel and use the rom just the way he come

Mark,iBot,Pele, big THANKS, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Hi,

Someone can tell me where to get google voice search widget? I can see it in the other roms and also in the 2.4.27 but not see in this version.

Thanks,

Finally got siyah working. What I did was I flashed 3.1.2 first as advised by anuar, then I flashed 3.2.5. This worked fine. No wipes were performed at all.

I still can't get BLN to work though. The test in extweaks works perfectly, but whenever I send a message to myself, I don't get the notification lights. Anything else I should need to do to get BLN working?

I still can't get BLN to work though. The test in extweaks works perfectly, but whenever I send a message to myself, I don't get the notification lights. Anything else I should need to do to get BLN working?
l tryed a couple of times but never worked for me but anyway l don't need BLN,because l never look to my sgs2 without wake it...

Hi,

Someone can tell me where to get google voice search widget? I can see it in the other roms and also in the 2.4.27 but not see in this version.

Thanks,

Google Apps were removed in 2.4.27 and we re-included the major ones. You can simply find it on the Market. Sorry for the inconvenience.

something wrong with the file server? I am not able to download the sgs2 rom

Just checked all 3 mirrors. All reporting the SGS2 file.

Reactions: feelingless
Always wondered, can I update with the updater app or is that for MIUI china users only?
I would like to know this too. I can remember reading that there where some problems with 2.3.30 providing the chinese updates (and leaving your ROM in an bad state when applying), but I never found out if this was a one time thing or the updater beeing chinese overall and never to be used by miuandroid.com users.
EDIT: but since the miui updater shows me a MIUI 2.4.27 release for my huawei honor, and here in the release threads of 2.4.27 and 2.5.4 there are no huawei honor ROMs linked, I guess its chinese, but maybe IBotPeaches, MarkHUK, Pele or one of the other devs can clarify the issue

I would like to know this too. I can remember reading that there where some problems with 2.3.30 providing the chinese updates (and leaving your ROM in an bad state when applying), but I never found out if this was a one time thing or the updater beeing chinese overall and never to be used by miuandroid.com users.

The constant updates to the Updater has proved to cause problems with our OTA service. We are working with Xiaomi to introduce a simple boolean flag in order to override the update URL to ours instead of having to panic every friday in hacking together a fix. We'll keep you guys updated.

Currently, I recommend you download directly from this site and flash via recovery. It may not be easy easy as an OTA service, but with the frequent changes of ICS every week, the safest is to keep with our downloads here.

Reactions: Matthew and kaefert
Is very hard to "unlock" the phone. Lockscreen icon just wont folow my finger and after 5-6 retrys I finaly can answer the phone...HTC Sensation.

No, this was asked a few posts back. MIUI will be releasing one final GB release in the future, the date of which is unknown at this time.

Best to go to MIUIv4 ( ICS ) with your device. If your device is not supported, then time to start looking for a replacement.

i am on Samsung i9000...so mayb ask that is that possible that u guys will port MIUI V4 on i9000?
looking for a replacemenet ? i think no rom can replace MIUI..

#finger cross#

Status
Not open for further replies.