Release MIUI ROM 2.7.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble with my phone not recognizing incoming calls because they are saved by it local number without country code, this seemed to work until like 5 or 6 weeks ago, is there some setting im overlooking? example: contact#1 12345678 calls, phone Shows "+45 123 456 78" is calling. Contacts with countrycode is working fine.

I kept thinking it would work in next update, but no dice.

Oh and my phone stopped vibrating on incoming SMS too this week.

Im on 2.7.20 now and SG2.
Im just blind or can any one point me in the right direction? :)

Chef
Already posted in forums, but no dice.

There are just too many bugs with SGS2 version, i am currently overseas and cannot get service. I will switch to cyanogenmod 9 which is working flawlessly for me so far, doubt I'll come back to MIUI, while I love the themeing engine, it's just not worth the battery drain, the many bugs, and the overall lag compared to cyanogenmod. Thanks for the work so far, I had fun on MIUI, and good luck!

Whats wrng vid gps thing,,mnths ago it used to giv vry accurate location,,but now it isn't that accurate,,it shows the location 3-4 km away......is there any1 has the solution??(s2)
thanx...

I know what's the problem now with the keep rebooting. my HTC one x sets the lanquage auto, on dutch even if the Rom doesn't come with a lanquage pack. strange !!! . I changed it to English everything is fine now. I can't wait till a final release love this Rom

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Anyone having problem on unable to install custom kernel? I on HTC Sensation and unable to flash custom kernel..This issue happened on MIUI 2.7.13 as well..Hope to get a favourable reply from you guys over here..Thanks :D

SGS2:

• Network Operator bug is still there - unter Mobile networks if you click on Network operators ... it crashes the connection but reconnects in seconds...
  • Root-Rights have still a Bug... not with every App but for example with ES File Explorer it doesnt work... only with a workaround with the SuperSu App from Play-store ...

+1

Multilanguage still does not work? In setup/Language & Input select hungarian and nothing happens.

I was thinking that finally I found a ROM and stay with it forever...but...surprise...after a clean install, without any other application recovered from the back-up, i receive a lot of FC...first one was in settings, change sound for default ringing tone...had to restart the phone to make it responsive(still unable to change the sound).Then "No service" and when i try to search available networks...my phone got stuck for more then 20 minutes...finally i had to long press the power button to turn it off...
I tried again with a clean install...same issues...after all i installed siyah kernel...nothing changed...so, the problem is somewhere inside the ROM, not the kernel
I got angry and change back to my friendly Wanamlite ROM and latest siyah kernel.
Just FYI, I have SGS2, international model...
There is not possible an excuse like this one "they dont have a SGS2 to test the ROM"
I think i will come back and try MIUI after many...many months..or maybe never

I was thinking that finally I found a ROM and stay with it forever...but...surprise...after a clean install, without any other application recovered from the back-up, i receive a lot of FC...first one was in settings, change sound for default ringing tone...had to restart the phone to make it responsive(still unable to change the sound).Then "No service" and when i try to search available networks...my phone got stuck for more then 20 minutes...finally i had to long press the power button to turn it off...
I tried again with a clean install...same issues...after all i installed siyah kernel...nothing changed...so, the problem is somewhere inside the ROM, not the kernel
I got angry and change back to my friendly Wanamlite ROM and latest siyah kernel.
Just FYI, I have SGS2, international model...
There is not possible an excuse like this one "they dont have a SGS2 to test the ROM"
I think i will come back and try MIUI after many...many months..or maybe never

Most likely, you didn't do something correctly and an example of end user error. Many sgs2 have not experienced what you have purely because they have carried out the proper procedures prior to flashing the miui rom.

wipe data/factory reset..wipe dalvik cache..wipe cache partition..install rom..wipe dalvik and cache patrition again..reboot,wait for 10 minutes without touching the screen...reboot and set google account...are this the right steps?

wipe data/factory reset..wipe dalvik cache..wipe cache partition..install rom..wipe dalvik and cache patrition again..reboot,wait for 10 minutes without touching the screen...reboot and set google account...are this the right steps?

This is what I do:

1) Wipe data/factory reset
2) Wipe cache partition
3) Mounts and Storage -> format /system (my guess is you skipped this step)
4) Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik cache
5) Install zip from SD Card -> Then I select MIUI ROM zip file
6) When phone boots up, I import Contacts and set up Gmail
7) Reboot into Recovery, Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache, then install Siyah (install zip from SD Card)
8) Restore all apps with Titanium Backup
9) Change settings as desired

This has never failed me. I have no issues with the phone at all.

The only thing that I am not happy about is the charging of the phone. It takes 4 hours now :eek: It used to be 2 hours on a stock Samsung ROM.

This is what I do:

1) Wipe data/factory reset
2) Wipe cache partition
3) Mounts and Storage -> format /system (my guess is you skipped this step)
4) Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik cache
5) Install zip from SD Card -> Then I select MIUI ROM zip file
6) When phone boots up, I import Contacts and set up Gmail
7) Reboot into Recovery, Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache, then install Siyah (install zip from SD Card)
8) Restore all apps with Titanium Backup
9) Change settings as desired

This has never failed me. I have no issues with the phone at all.

I followed the steps exactly and until now no errors...i am still restoring the applications and i hope everything will be fine...
I guess my mistake was to not format/system...but i always did like i described before and never had any problem.
Anyway...thanks a lot and i suggest a link to this method of installation to avoid any fake problems.If any future FC i will post again.
Thanks again...

I followed the steps exactly and until now no errors...i am still restoring the applications and i hope everything will be fine...
I guess my mistake was to not format/system...but i always did like i described before and never had any problem.
Anyway...thanks a lot and i suggest a link to this method of installation to avoid any fake problems.If any future FC i will post again.
Thanks again...

No problem. Glad it's working and glad to have helped :)

Hi Boss, I like this ROM, and use in my htc one x.
Good and stable.
But in time new version have too low basic screen brightness level.
Older version ( 06.22) yet good, basic screen level not too low, and automatic brightness works good.
Please upgrade light level back to older, and high level, how for me no need manual switch....
thx.
( sorry my english)

Status
Not open for further replies.